Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2008, 12:09 PM   #1
bailsmom
Turning the Heel

Oh My Freakin' God!!
I have to have surgery AGAIN!!! That'll be 3 surgeries in less than 3 years.

Let me recap: Remember last week, my problem with getting my medical records sent over to my new doctor? Well I had my appt. yesterday - he was WONDERFUL btw - and it turns out that damn cyst that was in there back in January has not shrunk at all. So in order to avoid it rupturing and causing excruciating pain he and I think they should go in and get rid of it before we start any IVF procedures.

Yep, I have to do IVF. I cannot believe it. I mean I can, but I don't want to yet. I was so hoping he would say we had a good shot with another IUI but alas that is not the case. I have a 12% chance of conceiving with IUI or a 50% with IVF. Obviously IVF is the better of the 2 but I would like at least a 70-75% chance with IVF.

He thinks my left ovary is shot seeing as that's where the cyst is attached to...I hate my body. I asked if he would be doing the surgery and he said that he does do this kind, but if they are going to go in there, then he want's it done by THE BEST doctor. So he's sending me to a different doctor for the surgery, who is apparently quite well known in the Reproductive world. I've seen him on the news quite a few times. He seems nice and they said that he was and that's a huge plus for me.

I'm sorry if I've bored you all with my diseases and the such, but it's like I told my mom last night, I'm so sick and tired of infertility being a taboo subject. It's not our fault that our bodies are broken and we shouldn't be ashamed of that. How is having infertility any different than having cancer or any other disease? Most people don't cause their own cancer and I didn't cause my disease, it just happened to me. I hate it. But this is the hand I've been dealt.

Oh, man, I hope I don't have to do that horrible bowel prep thing again. Okay, I'll leave it at that for now.

Oh!! FYI. Some of my records never made it over to my new doctor. What a surprise. So I called them this morning and in a no nonsense tone told them to fax it asap. As if that will do any good. Thanks for letting me vent.