Old 04-02-2008, 02:41 AM   #41
Debkcs
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,192 Posts
Wow, it's so cool to find that I have so many Christian sisters here!

I've been a Christian for a long time, but not always a 'good person'. As Jesus said, "No one is good, except for the Father."

On a sad note, PhotoLady has been banned from this site. She wrote to me this afternoon, I wouldn't have known otherwise. Apparently, her stance on Christianity bothered some, as did her politics. Personally, when someone writes something I disagree with, I don't go running to the moderators to complain. It's just a disagreement.

If anyone would like to contact her, please let me know.

"All good things and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights who cannot change."
James 1:17
Debkcs is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-02-2008, 11:05 AM   #42
Sweet

Originally Posted by Cecily View Post
What a great thread. I have not found any Christian patterns, but I would be so happy to find one.

Hope everyone has a blessed evening!

Cecily
I'm looking for a Christian fish pattern. I found a picture of one, but, no pattern. She was making a graph of it, and knitted a washcloth from it, but, no free pattern.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:11 AM   #43
Sweet

Have y'all ever realized that there is no verse in the Bible that states that we are to ask Jesus into our hearts? This is not the way to become a Christian...
In Romans 10, it says That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
So, perhaps the people who told you that, were trying to make sure this part of the Gospel was being followed, in the path of salvation. The heart has something to do with it, according to these verses.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:13 AM   #44
Sweet

Originally Posted by wingem View Post
I too consider myself a Christian, and I hope I'm a good person! And as a Christian I welcome all questions, in finding the answers I also learn more about the bible. Thank you Dear Lord Jesus for letting us have the freedom to voice our faith. In Jusus holy name Amen.
I also find that questions about my faith increase my knowledge about the Bible.
I'm so glad someone started this thread, it's nice to see other believers, as well as non-believers, are interested in coming here to read.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:20 AM   #45
msoebel
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by feministmama View Post
Hey if you believe in miricles then go right ahead. That's what I think anyway. And if they weren't iricles then they were probably srtories based on something someone once did and they thought it was so great they kind of...embellished a little. ya know the folks back then didn't have TV to show us how fake humans can be. THey took everything literally becasue that's all thier was. So if the stories give some christians a good feeling then I say why not.
Well, as for miracles, I have experienced one first hand. I was diagnosed with a degenerative bone disease when I was 11 years old. The drs said that I would be in a wheel chair by the time I was 30 and would never be able to have kids. Yes, we got second opinions, yes, I was tested several times, and yes, it was always the same diagnosis. I was prayed over by a family friend, and I was healed. I can't explain it. The drs couldn't explain it...it just happened. Blood tests and biopsies that had been coming back positive suddenly started coming back negative. The drs said it was miraculous. Instead of breaking my arm while doing a cartwheel, I was playing street hockey with the guys...no padding.

On the other side of the country, at the same time, a 12 year old boy was dying of leukemia. The drs didn't think he had long...he was wasting away. His mother prayed over him several times and then one day, his blood counts just started changing. The drs couldn't figure out what was happening...his parents had stopped treatments because the little boy wasn't responding to them anyway. His body was miraculously recovering. Literally, in one day, he went from not being able to sit up, to playing.

That little boy is now my dh. He's the healthiest person I have ever met.

I don't tell those stories because it gives me warm fuzzy feelings . I do, however, very much believe that miracles are possible because of these two stories. I know that they don't happen all the time, I know that they are rare, but I also have no doubt that miracles can happen.

I understand that most people's exposure to the miraculous is through the contrived...the tele-evangelist with the tacky suit, or the traveling preacher who does "revivals" in each town. But just because someone "fakes" it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It just means they are a liar. And, sadly, not everyone who calls themselves a follower of Christ lives up to that name.

Be a light unto the world...not a bug zapper.
msoebel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to msoebel For This Useful Post:
MAmaDawn (04-14-2008), Rennagayle (05-05-2008), Sweet (04-02-2008)
Old 04-02-2008, 11:20 AM   #46
Sweet

Originally Posted by beachknits View Post
YES, knitting definately helps me focus more on God. I just joined this forum tonight and minutes later I saw your post. I was encouraged to see there are other Christian knitters that responded to your post right away. This is wonderful!

I would love to join a Christian knit-a-long of some kind... Perhaps a prayer shawl? I have the "Knitting For Peace" book and they have a section in there on prayer shawls. Any ideas for a pattern?
Knitting is a great time to spend learning about Jesus. Isn't it great that you just joined this lovely forum, and minutes later, you saw the Christian knitters topic? God works in mysterious ways, sometimes. That's not in the bible, I don't think, but, it is very interesting to see how God makes all things work for good, for those who love Him.
I've been wanting to do a prayer shawl!! Do you have a pattern in mind? Do you have a person, a recipient, in mind for the shawl?
I wonder if a nursing home would be a good place to give prayer shawls out.
??
Old 04-02-2008, 11:24 AM   #47
Sweet

Originally Posted by msoebel View Post
Well, as for miracles, I have experienced one first hand. then one day, his blood counts just started changing. I don't tell those stories because it gives me warm fuzzy feelings . I do, however, very much believe that miracles are possible I understand that most people's exposure to the miraculous is through the contrived...the tele-evangelist with the tacky suit, or the traveling preacher who does "revivals" in each town. But just because someone "fakes" it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It just means they are a liar. And, sadly, not everyone who calls themselves a follower of Christ lives up to that name.
I also have experienced miracles, but, don't talk about them much, especially when it just wouldn't do any good to do so.
Yes, tele vangelists are such a BAD example, and most people look no further than that, to see what a Christian is supposed to be.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:39 AM   #48
feministmama
Instepping Out

What a great stroy! I have heard about the healingpower of prayer. It was on 60 minutes or something that people who are prayed for in hospitals heal better/faster then people who are not. THis makes sense anyway you put it though. If people love you and give give love to you then of course you'll feel better! Common sense! So miricles are the power of love sent out in ways that heal. I like it. So lets hear it for miricles. THey are common sense magic! We need some more of that in this world these days. Maybe if we all send prayers/love to the soldiers in the middle east they'll come home faster.
-That's OK, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway....
-I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Reading: Barbara Kingsolver
Knitting: socks

I'm Femmy on Ravelry
feministmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:02 PM   #49
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
I really do believe in the power of prayer... I talk to the Lord about everything that is going on in my life and around me...I do hope the soliders get to come home soon... I pray for that and their families ...

Sometimes though God's reply isn't what we want...sometimes it's no...a lot will then say he didn't listen to me or he didn't answer me...well he did but it wasn't what you wanted to hear...I have seen some turn away from God when this happens...

I think a Christian knit a long would be fun...

as for politics...I have to say that I agree with bjc1050

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
MAmaDawn (04-14-2008)
Old 04-02-2008, 01:44 PM   #50
evona
Working the Gusset

What?
Originally Posted by Debkcs View Post
Wow, it's so cool to find that I have so many Christian sisters here!

I've been a Christian for a long time, but not always a 'good person'. As Jesus said, "No one is good, except for the Father."

On a sad note, PhotoLady has been banned from this site. She wrote to me this afternoon, I wouldn't have known otherwise. Apparently, her stance on Christianity bothered some, as did her politics. Personally, when someone writes something I disagree with, I don't go running to the moderators to complain. It's just a disagreement.

If anyone would like to contact her, please let me know.
PhotoLady was banned??? What a sad turn if this is true.

I have read through the posts here and the posts in the pagan thread and I have seen nothing offensive posted by anyone at all. I actually learned a lot reading through both posts. There were a lot of questions posted by PhotoLady in the pagan thread, but I couldn't find anything offensive about them. I will admit that there were a lot of posts, so I did just skim most of them. Did I miss something?

I don't consider myself a member of any organized religion, but I do believe in a higher power and try to take the positive teachings of many religions into my heart.

evona is offline   Reply With Quote