Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2008, 09:35 AM   #1
vaknitter
Working the Gusset

Can you really mail the needles home?
I've read all the posts about flying with knitting needles and everyone always says that they take a padded envelope to send them home in if needed...does TSA really let you do that?
I'm just thinking you would have to have the correct postage, and trust them to put it in a mail drop for you or get out of line and go find a mail drop.
My experiences with TSA have not been favorable - never travelled with my knitting, but coming home from Alaska I had forgotten about a bottle of very expensive lotion in my carryon and when TSA pointed it out I said - that's pretty expensive stuff my checked back is right there (hadn't gone through customs yet) can I go slip it in there. He said NOPE and tossed it in the garbage. Makes me wonder if they are really going to co-operate when it comes to taking a project off the needles and then mailing the needles home.....
vaknitter is offline   Reply With Quote