Old 04-26-2008, 07:51 PM   #21
Sheri
1st Leg of the Journey

Welcome Jamie. I live in north Loveland and have been knitting a few years and I like socks myself. I've only made a few pairs but enjoy knitting them on two circulars. My favorite yarn shop is Woolen Treasures in Loveland on 4th Street. Have you been there? She has great sock yarns!!!!!!!!!!! Thursday evenings from 6 to 8 or so is knit night. Come join us.
Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-03-2008, 03:46 PM   #22
fiberlover
Casting On

I live Montrose Colorado been knitter for 9 years. Just started getting into spinning to make my own yarn and I am so excited.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:44 AM   #23
fibrenut
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to fibrenut
Hiya Fiberlover!!!
That is soooooo kewl!!!!!

knittycakebaker on ravelry
LOOK TWICE SAVE A LIFE
motorcycles are everywhere!!
Abate of Colorado
fibrenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:41 PM   #24
Jamers
Casting On

Are all Colorado knitters ok after the tornados? I sure hope that everybody is safe!
Jamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:53 PM   #25
Sheri
1st Leg of the Journey

Loveland gal here .... believe it or not I heard about the weather from CNN - I'm in Rochester, MN visiting my daughter and family. I called my neighbor and asked her what was going on and she wasn't aware of what was going on, other than to say it had rained and hailed and was really dark outside. I told her to turn on CNN (LOL) and to keep her head down. Hope everyone else is ok. Sheri
Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:35 AM   #26
fibrenut
Turning the Heel

I am fine here hun, we had really (really) weird winds here today as well. Not a drop of rain. Just lots of wind and dust (bout 50 miles east of Greeley). But I did keep an eye on the clouds, they were looking mighty strange.
Yeah Windsor got the brunt of it. They were saying that it was almost a halfmile wide and multiple vortex type tornado. It wouldn't surprise me if it was category EF3 or EF4. They were also saying that it was on the ground for quite a while. Dang, it's getttin weird when big tornadoes are that close to the mountains ya know!!! Laramie also got hit with a tornado too! I just heard too that there was one in Moreno Valley Ca today as well!! DANG DANG double DANG!! I swear mother nature is goin through menopause!!!

LOOK TWICE SAVE A LIFE
Abate of Colorado
Old 05-23-2008, 01:11 PM   #27
Jamers
Casting On

I am glad to hear that you guys are ok. We live in Wellington and had very little damage. Mostly just trees and fences down. We were without power until about 9:00 last night. But all of that is very minor compared to what the folks in Windsor are dealing with.

The sky sure was weird yesterday. I was watching the clouds while at work in Fort Collins and they were spooky. They were really dark and moving around in all different directions.

Have a good holiday weekend everybody!
Jamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:56 AM   #28
tripletmomma
Ribbing the Cuff

Hello ladies! Noob here, I live 1/2 way to BFE in Locbuie (NE of Brighton, technically in Weld co but just barely). I'm just learning to knit after more than 18yrs of crocheting (OMG counting the years makes me feel old suddenly) & I'm finding that knitting isn't as daunting as I thought it'd be -though I hanven't actually tried a project yet, just squares of practicing.
I have 3 crazy toddlers & don't get out much so I rely on the internet as my supply stores
tripletmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:59 PM   #29
fibrenut
Turning the Heel

Welcome tripletee!!! It's always nice to see others in the neighborhood joinin in!!

LOOK TWICE SAVE A LIFE
Abate of Colorado
Old 07-01-2008, 09:00 PM   #30
kristaj
1st Leg of the Journey

I am so jealous of all of you in Colorado. I think I was meant to be born in the mountains, it always feels like I am coming home when we go on vacation. And speaking of vacation, we are heading to Estes Park the beginning of August. I doubt very seriously that I will be able to talk DH into more than one LYS, so what are your recommendations. I have a friend whose son lives in Fort Collins and she says that Lambspun must not be missed, but that is way out of our way and not sure DH will go for that. We will be camping in EP for 5 days and then on the return trip will stay two nights in Colorado Springs. Appreciate any suggestions, absolutely no LYS near me so am jumping at the bit to get to one.