Old 04-21-2008, 09:50 AM   #1
susi
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to susi
teaching dvd
hi all

i am still trying to lean how to crochet. im even more desperate to learn than ever now as i have found the most beautiful jumper that needs crocheted sleeves and hood. there is no where i can learn to crochet locally. i learnt to knit on here on the brilliant videos. if anyone knows of anything like that rather than a dvd that would be better.

thank you

susi
susi is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-21-2008, 02:02 PM   #2
PamJ
Knitting the Flap

Hi Susi,
You might try YouTube. They have so many videos on learning to crochet, and you can look at various people to see which one explains things best for you. I like watching the same concept taught by several people as I learn it. It helps to get different views, and sometimes one person can explain or demonstrate in a way that I understand better.

Here are a few I looked at, but there are many. Bethinktx1
askauntesther tjw1963

You can do a search for these or a general one for crochet. There are always related videos on the side to try others.
PamJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PamJ For This Useful Post:
susi (04-27-2008)
Old 04-22-2008, 01:47 PM   #3
mathwizard
Turning the Heel

help
Have you checked at your LYS to see if there is anyone who can help you? You might see if there is a crochet guild chapter in your area that might help you. Good luck!
mathwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mathwizard For This Useful Post:
susi (04-27-2008)
Old 04-23-2008, 12:48 PM   #4
lancilot
Casting On

Help!
Hi, Susi!

When starting, I found lots of helpful resources by browsing crochet books at Barnes-Noble, then checking out the ones I felt looked most helpful from the library. And many of these, I wound up buying for my personal library of resource books. User comments for various crochet books listed on Amazon, were a helpful guide to finding the most helpful resources.

One book that was especially helpful at the start, is Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet...The Happy Hooker by Debbie Stoller. After checking this out of the library a couple of times, I eventually bought my own copy.

And, as already mentioned, YouTube is a great learning resource.

Enjoy!
lancilot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lancilot For This Useful Post:
susi (04-27-2008)
Old 04-27-2008, 08:29 AM   #5
susi
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to susi
hi

sorry its taken me so long to say thank you but i dont get acess to the internet often now a days.

i have no local libruary i can use as i live in france and my French is awful ( great i know hehe).

i will have a look at youtube.

i will definatly be investing in stich n bitch crochet then. i dont get back to the uk very often to have a look at books. and short of buying them from good old play.com and rebgreting it after thats my only other option. an expensive way lol.

stitch n bitch is a def one though

thanks again. hopefully i can post a piccy of the jumper i have my heart set on sooner rather than later. after some blankets etc to learn on hehe

susi
susi is offline   Reply With Quote