Old 01-28-2008, 05:20 PM   #11
Sharly
Turning the Heel

It sounds like you are being a good Papa

I don't mean to be an alarmist, but years ago, one of our kitties was behaving similarly (missing the box occassionally), and when we finally got him to the vet (after putting it off way too long because of $$ issues), we found he was severly diabetic. We were in the process of trying to get him regulated when he had a bad episode and did not recover. I will always feel guilty. I guess that's why I'm paranoid about these things now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sharly For This Useful Post:
boyforpele13 (04-28-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-28-2008, 07:47 PM   #12
BinkyKat
Instepping Out

I agree with not putting it off too long. My older cat wasn't much of a water drinker from his dish...but would always want you to run the tap if you were in the bathroom. Because of a friend's description of her little cat's UTI, and my cat's pee'ing outside the box...I took him it. They catheterized him three times (he kept pulling it out!) and 3 days at the vet and he was fine. You don't want to wait too long, but do watch him. If he goes somewhere often...like you see him trot off to do his business several times in an hour and he's vocal (meowing like it's painful)...and perhaps gets mad if you feel his bladder area (the vet showed me how to feel), then take him in because it can be dangerous if left untreated.
Good luck and hope all is well!
Old 01-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #13
bethany
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by boyforpele13 View Post

otherwise I would have immediately put her in diapers. ;-)

Thanks again, everyone!!!!
Oh, little kitty woolies! There's a whole world of opportunity for ya!

OTN: Old Shale Lace Triangle
OTH: blanket
FO: 3 pairs Pocketbook slippers, Kickline socks, baby cloths, 007 monkey, market bag, Ocean socks, chemo cap, 12 Stitch-It! blankets, 9 Charity Oddball baby blankets

: Bethanyg

bethany is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bethany For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2008, 11:50 PM   #14
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
hey everyone!

i know it's been forever, but i promised an update...

kitty got a clean bill of health at the vet (of course I had to leave her for 6 hours because they couldn't get urine so they had to inject her with saline for hours until they finally got a specimen) Even before then, the vet suspected it was behavioral.

He advised more toys, more attention, yada yada, which I was already doing. I went to the pet store because I knew there were hormones and things you could buy to detract or attract, and I had a $35 bottle of said hormone in my cart when I found this bottle of litter box attractant. (It looked like a bottle of parsley for $12) but in reading it, it said to use some special litter yada yada, so I then looked to see if they had that litter. They didn't, but what I found was Dr. Esley's Cat Attract Litter which guaranteed success or your money back. It also came with a booklet with some other suggestions and believe it or not, one day, problem solved!

Here's the link in case anyone needs it: http://www.preciouscat.com

It's miraculous, I swear!
Thanks again for all of the input!!!!

Share Your Life With a Deaf Dog!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
boyforpele13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:35 PM   #15
lelvsdgs
Working the Gusset

I'm so glad you found a solution and it wasn't a medical issue.

When my youngest kitten first began going outside to explore, she would get really mad when we had to bring her inside.(I wouldn't let her out at night because she was so little) She would immediately go and pee on the couch the little stinker. She'd even look right at me and pee... I had to get rid of the couch because I couldn't get the smell out and we had to bring her in and lock her in the bathroom with the litter box for at least 15 minutes. Then she'd be OK. She seems to have out grown it but then again, she comes and goes as she pleases now. Still it was frustrating because it was so obvious she was doing it deliberatley...

http://www.frappr.com/knittinghelp

Knitting is saving my sanity

OTN: Hats, hats and soon, socks!

FO:Hats-about 6 of them and a scarf for a coworker
lelvsdgs is offline   Reply With Quote