Old 04-29-2008, 06:28 PM   #71
evona
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Pat in Ca View Post
OK.. so if you are against drilling for our own oil, against building more refineries..against building more nuclear plants, I think we all agree that wind and solar and ethonal are useless..
maybe there is something in the future that will provide us with an alternative for our energy needs.. I myself think it is crazy to wait..
Actually, in an earlier post I had mentioned that IMHO I think we need to get over our fear of the word nuclear and develop more nuclear power. I might be in the minority but I actually think that development of nuclear energy and education in the field is the best way to alleviate problems with older plants as well as our dependence on oil.

evona is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-29-2008, 06:33 PM   #72
evona
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Pat in Ca View Post
Just my opinion..Oh.. and by the way, I don't want to destroy the earth, I feel that the earth provides the crude that has helped make it possible for the human beings on this earth to live better lives.. as I say, I hope I don't offend anyone.. I see things differently that most I guess..
I am not offended and I hope no one else is either Healthy debate is good. My arguments are opinions as well. I certainly don't have a degree in any of these fields, but when I do I'll get back to you

Last edited by evona : 04-29-2008 at 06:34 PM. Reason: misspelling
evona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #73
Pat in Ca

I have heard that France is leading the way with nuclear power..I have to look it up, but I have read that they meet most of their energy needs by nuclear plants...

Also, Knitting Guy... thanks for letting me know about the difference between Sour and Sweet Crude...I have a friend that works at Valero (one of the evil oil companies lol) and he said that they (Valero) has invented more sophisticated refining techniques and that much of the oil they refine is of the "lower quality" sour crude.. he said that that type is what we are getting from the Gulf of Mexico find... now that's what I'm talkin bout!! good ole American know how.. we can lick this problem if we put our minds to it!!
Old 04-30-2008, 12:34 AM   #74
Pat in Ca

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art..._drilling.html

This article will be in Newsweek.. it is dated today..I thought it was very good..