Old 04-01-2008, 02:03 PM   #41
jhilinsk
Casting On

I'm in Moorestown, Nj-Burlington County. I guess I could drive over to Mt Holly---anyone any closer to me, though?

Jen
jhilinsk is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-01-2008, 03:11 PM   #42
Howdovely
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to Howdovely
Originally Posted by eroomje View Post
I live in Pompton Plains, aka Pequannock, and am starting a group at the Cafe Buonno on the Turnpike in Pequannock this and every Wednesday at 7 until 9. This week is our first, and I hope we have more than just my friend and myself. My friend is a beginner and I have been knitting a long time, wouldn't call myself an expert, but I do get along okay!You and whatever friends you wish to bring are more than welcome. The coffee shop's web page is http://www.caffebuononj.com/main.html for directions. Our group is new and not yet listed.
Ellen
Hi Ellen!!
I grew up in Pequannock (near Lincoln Park border) so I wanted to say a quick hello! Unfortunately I cannot make it to Caffe Buono, I now live in North Carolina! NJ will always be home to me and I miss it dearly!
Brenda

----> Howdovely
OTN: Pinwheel blanket for me; Camo Teddy Bear for future crib
COMPLETED: Lapghan for me; Baby Sweater #2; Steelers Skull Cap; Baby Sweater #1; 2 Baby blankets; Prayer Shawl for Charity; Bamboo Scarf; 8 Oddball Baby Blankets for Charity; Booga Bag for me; baby blanket for my neighbor; 3 Dishcloths for my sister
Howdovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:12 AM   #43
figaro
Working the Gusset

I guess I should update that we did move but it looks like I am still alone over here! We moved to Phillipsburg, just on the other side of Easton off I-78, the last exit leaving NJ. Anyone near me?

figaro
and also on Plurk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

figaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #44
Spikey
Turning the Heel

Another (former) Jersey girl here! I live in the 'burbs west of Philly now but grew up in Parsippany. My family all still live in North Jersey and we get up there quite a bit.
Spikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 10:10 AM   #45
paiva
Ribbing the Cuff

HEY GALS!!!!!
I'm in Point Beach down in Ocean County....
born and raised, but I did live in Rutherford for a while when I was in college at Montclair.
TONS| of family in the hackensak/lodi rt 46 area so I know it well, but I love it way too much down here where I grew up...
ANY OTHER OCEAN or MONMOUTH CO KNITTERS!?!?!?
---PAIVA!!!
paiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 01:49 PM   #46
Cynamar
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to Cynamar Send a message via Yahoo to Cynamar
I lived in Princeton when I was much younger. LOVED it!!! I loved how old the houses were and I loved my friends and I LOVED being so close to Manhattan!

While there's tea there's hope. - Sir Arthur Pinero

My KH Blog Thread

My Blog
Cynamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 05:01 PM   #47
kateycp2k
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to kateycp2k Send a message via Yahoo to kateycp2k
Mercer County in the House!
Hello from a beginner Garden State Knitter! (Ha! I love how that rhymed without even trying too hard.

I grew up in Woodbridge (Middlesex County) and now reside in East Windsor (Twin Rivers development, for those familiar with EW), very very close to Exit 8 and Hightstown over in Mercer County.

Anyone else call what can be literally considered Central Jersey (cause we're dab smack in the middle of the state) home?
kateycp2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:26 PM   #48
Spikey
Turning the Heel

Hi Jersey Knitters! (I'm a former North Jersey girl myself)

As many of you are aware, knitters from KH have been collaborating to make blankets, lapghans, baby blankets, & preemie blankets for some time now.

The Oddball Baby Blankets project has become so successful that Shandeh has broken it up into regions, and I am lucky enough to be helping to organize the Northeast region.

Our worsted weight blankets are going to Bridgeport Hospital, in Connecticut.

We've just arranged for the Special Delivery Unit at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia to be the recipient of any preemie blankets that we make. For those not familiar, this is a brand new, first-of-its-kind center specifically built in to allow women carrying babies with congenital heart disease or other serious congenital malformations, as well as women whose babies undergo surgery before they are even born! They are doing amazing, life-saving work. More information is available here:http://www.chop.edu/consumer/jsp/div...c.jsp?id=85487 (sorry, don't know how to make pretty links )

The purpose in reaching out to you all is to increase our numbers for these terrific projects. You can see the list of current projects on our blog (link in my sig below) and on the NE knitters thread:http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=81357

If any of you are interested in participating, please PM me with your address and we'll get you on the list. All are welcome, and new ideas for blanket themes are greatly appreciated.

One other really cool thing is that they asked if we could help them find local knitters who could teach some of their patients to knit. They get the occasional patient who is on prolonged bedrest, either after fetal surgery or because of premature labor. They do have a nurse/midwife who knits, and I'm usually around, but they might need more folks willing to show someone how to knit from time to time. They'll provide the supplies.

Any South Jersey knitters interested in teaching basic knitting?
Spikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:44 PM   #49
Cinderangel
Casting On

Originally Posted by paiva View Post
HEY GALS!!!!!
I'm in Point Beach down in Ocean County....
born and raised, but I did live in Rutherford for a while when I was in college at Montclair.
TONS| of family in the hackensak/lodi rt 46 area so I know it well, but I love it way too much down here where I grew up...
ANY OTHER OCEAN or MONMOUTH CO KNITTERS!?!?!?
---PAIVA!!!
Hey Paiva!!

I just joined and I'm very glad to see that there is another Ocean County knitter down here! I live in Brick, right by the Point border.

--Meghan
Cinderangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:43 AM   #50
Cynamar
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to Cynamar Send a message via Yahoo to Cynamar
I used to live in Princeton. LOVE IT!!!

While there's tea there's hope. - Sir Arthur Pinero

My KH Blog Thread

My Blog
Cynamar is offline   Reply With Quote