Some of you have probably already heard of this:
I'm probably too late getting started on this, but I'm gonna give it the old college try. The shawls must be completed by July, so I'm really cutting it close.
I'm using a vintage wool pompadour I got on eBay a couple years ago. It was in a vintage crochet kit to make a simple top. I haven't known what I was going to make with it, and when I read about this project, I knew it would work perfectly.
The shawls are supposed to measure at least 20 x 66 inches, so I'm sure I have enough yarn. (I have 7 ounces according to my postal scale)
Here is what I've gotten done so far: