Old 05-31-2008, 02:10 PM   #1
Alyce
1st Leg of the Journey

Cataract Surgery
I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I had cataract surgery on my right eye 10 days ago and I am still having a fair amount of blurred vision. The Dr. said some people have clear vision right away and others it takes awhile. I guess I'm not very patient but this is affecting my ability to knit small items like socks which I am working on now. I can see well enough to work on my sweater but the blurriness is frustrating me to the point of feeling depressed.
I guess this is a rant! I just want my vision to be clear so I can knit comfortably again.
Thanks for listening.
Alyce
Alyce is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-31-2008, 03:22 PM   #2
susi
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to susi
hi

my gran had this opp done years ago, as i recall it took her best part of a week to get full sight back. she did say after the opp though that she could see the most beautiful blossom on the treets that wasnt there. so it had its up side for her hehe

hope your sight is tip top soon so you can get back to your socks

susi
susi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to susi For This Useful Post:
Alyce (05-31-2008)
Old 05-31-2008, 09:37 PM   #3
1knittychick
Knitting the Flap

I've had this surgery in both eyes. After the surgery on my left eye, I had a black eye for over a month and my vision was blurred. A different Dr. performed the surgery on my right eye and my vision was good the next day. Have you called your eye surgeon?
Old 06-01-2008, 12:31 AM   #4
newamy
Working the Gusset

My mom has had cataract surgery on both eyes. She followed all post op directions precisely and had perfect vision immediately with the first. She said the 2nd wasn't quite as good but in the end was fine. I think she had a shadow or something with the second.

I'm newamy on
newamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:01 PM   #5
Alyce
1st Leg of the Journey

I have my 3rd appt. next week which will be 2 wks out. I guess I am just a whiny patient (retired nurse). My vision is considerably better yesterday and so far today so I am feeling much better. I still have halos around lights so I try not to look at them. he he.
Alyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:30 PM   #6
Wanda Witch
Turning the Heel

I had the surgery on one eye and my vision was very clear even on the way home looking through the 'shield' and the dark glasses. Now, my DH had surgery on one of his eyes, different surgeon, had a black eye also, blurriness and some pain, which I did not. His vision now is better than 20/20 so it all worked out just fine. Guess it is a combination of surgeon and reaction of some patients. If you are worried I would certainly bring this up on your next post-op visit. Good luck.
Wanda Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wanda Witch For This Useful Post:
Alyce (06-01-2008)