Old 06-07-2008, 06:47 AM   #31
Hygiene Mama
Knitting the Flap

Yes, that sounds right. You'd have to get the crowns redone to make a bridge and your crowned teeth may already be fragile (if you had root canals on them, they definately wouldn't be in very good shape.).....so that makes sense.

I Finally have a ravelry page:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/SandyRDH
Hygiene Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hygiene Mama For This Useful Post:
Pat in Ca (06-07-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-08-2008, 02:42 PM   #32
bjc1050
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Pat in Ca View Post
I won't have any $ left for Ruth Chris.. LOL
Me either. I was shocked by a $50 bill at Ruby Tuesday several years ago just for DH and me. We haven't been back since.

http://crochetbydayknitterbynight.blogspot.com/

Gen 8:22

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease
KJV
bjc1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bjc1050 For This Useful Post:
Pat in Ca (06-08-2008)
Old 06-09-2008, 03:42 PM   #33
VictoiseC
Instepping Out

Holy Ship! I CANNOT believe you posted this Pat! I have been in absolute shock for 2 weeks coz 2 weeks ago I got seafood poisoning, causing me to black out 6 times, fall down and knock MY NEW CROWN OUT. I just got my two front teeth crowned at Christmas after putting it off for almost 10 years. I was so happy with them. Then I found out I had broken the right front tooth root, and I am going in for the beginning of getting the implant tomorrow morning. (6 to 8 months of waiting yup)

I was actually laying in bed this morning at 11:30 unable to move I am so scared. I know it's stupid but god, it just sounds so INVASIVE. I also cracked my other new tooth and that will have to be replaced but the root was ok. No insurance coz I just go them done this past Dec. I am so glad you posted this because I've been so whacked out I couldn't even come here and talk about it. (I also broke my finger).

The dentist I saw, a very good one, said the other two bridges I have wouldn't even be done today because root implants are such an advanced technology... no need to destroy good teeth on either side for bridges any more. Not that that applies to you.
So it's a good thing I guess. ha That is such a bummer that he chipped your other tooth, I can't believe that. Wow. I guess accidents happen to the best of us though

I've actually been praying to get through this like I might die or something. so again, thanks for posting here and it was really good to read the other opinions.
You are not the only baby.

VictoiseC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:02 AM   #34
debknits
Casting On

Pat get the implants, this is coming from a dental assistant for over 30 years. I have seen so much improvement in implants over the years. My husband has just started two implants. I think he was a little hesitant at first, but he had no pain. I think the down side is waiting 6 months for them to heal, so the crown can be done. The Mercedes Benz of dentistry.
The Following User Says Thank You to debknits For This Useful Post:
Pat in Ca (06-14-2008)
Old 06-14-2008, 12:56 PM   #35
Pat in Ca

victoiseC. how did the implant go?
Thanks for all the good info, guys!! I got my tooth pulled (not too bad cause I told them to put me OUT) I don't remember a thing.. now I have to wait 3 months for it t heal so they can jam that implant in there.. then I have to wait more time before the crown can be put over the implant.. all the while chewing on one side of my mouth..
I am eating slower because I can't chew as fast, so I keep hoping I will lose weight,, but so far , no luck..
VictoiseC.. How did it go? I hope you did not have any pain...I didn't see your post til today..am curious.. did you get the implant or were you just having your tooth pulled?
Old 06-14-2008, 12:59 PM   #36
Pat in Ca

Debknits... that is a good way to describe it.. the Mercedes Benz of denistry.. cause it cost as much as a Mercedes..lol
Thanks for the professional opinion.. it really helps to get the opinon of someone who works in your profession..