Old 06-28-2008, 11:49 AM   #11
brittyknits
Turning the Heel

1. Try suzeeq's suggestion of putting markers between each pattern repeat-- then you can see if you're coming up with 12 sts in each repeat, which is what should be happening.
2. I don't know how experienced you are, but if you're not totally familiar with YOs, or multiple increases in 1 st, here's what can happen-- it can be hard to see where exactly the stitches are, or are they they loops from below etc. One thing which can help is that when you do the k1 yo k1 all in one st, do it very loosely.
3. So exactly how many sts are you ending up with, if not 111? Is it always the same number, or different numbers?
brittyknits is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brittyknits For This Useful Post:
Lin (06-28-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-28-2008, 12:36 PM   #12
Lin
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to Lin
Hi....I think that I finally got it....I was doing it all separately....k1, then yo, then another k1, then going on to k4....I tried it for the first repeat and ended up with 12 sts...so I think I'm on the right track....Thank you a million times again!

Last edited by Lin : 06-28-2008 at 12:48 PM. Reason: wrong number of stitches
Lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:10 PM   #13
Lin
1st Leg of the Journey

Well...forget that last thread...I've only ended up with 103 sts...short 8....I'm totally confused at this point...thanks to all who tried to get through to my thick head...lol...I guess it is time to put it down and go help my husband outside!
Old 06-28-2008, 01:54 PM   #14
Knit4Pie
Turning the Heel

Remember that you're doing the k1, yo, k1 part of the repeat in one st. So, after you do the k1, k4, here's what you do:

K1 BUT DON'T TAKE IT OFF THE LEFT HAND NEEDLE!! So the new st is on the right needle, but the old one is still on the left needle...kind of straddling the 2. Do your yarn over and knit again into the st. Remember that it's the same one you knit before, but didn't take off. Now you can slip it off the left needle. So, on the first repeat so far, you should have 9 sts on your right needle (k1, p1, k4, and the 3 sts of k1, yo, k1) now you do the last k4 of the repeat, and start over. At the end of the row, you do the p1, k1.

To count again: 1 (from before the repeats) + 108 (the 12 repeat sts times 9 repeats) + 2 (from after the repeats) = 111

If you need more help in doing the k1, yo, k1, please let me know!

Visit my blog Knitting for Patience
Knit4Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knit4Pie For This Useful Post:
Alyce (06-29-2008), Lin (06-28-2008)
Old 06-28-2008, 02:15 PM   #15
Lin
1st Leg of the Journey

Hurray!! Thank you so much!! I got it!! Now, I don't have to do yard work...LOL....Thanks truly!
Old 06-28-2008, 02:47 PM   #16
Knit4Pie
Turning the Heel

Glad it worked for you!

Visit my blog Knitting for Patience
Knit4Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 03:47 PM   #17
Alyce
1st Leg of the Journey

I just wanted to tell Knit4Pie how much I learn from your very clear and simple instructions. I appreciate the fact that it must take some brain work and time to break someone's knitting down step-by-step. Thanks!!!
Alyce
Alyce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alyce For This Useful Post:
Knit4Pie (06-29-2008)