Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2008, 11:40 AM   #1
northernlights
Casting On

Sweater neck question
I so much appreciate all the help you experienced knitters provide. I've read through the threads of neck shaping, but still feel insecure about how I've done mine. (It's my first pullover sweater). Here's where I'm at. I've divided the neck stitches on this raglan type sweater so that I have the center 12 stitches on a holder and 10 stitches on each sweater side. Now here are the instructions:[b] Working both sides at once continue to dec 1 st at each raglan edge every K row twice more and at the same time bind off each neck edge 3 st twice and 2 st once.[b]
Maybe I did it right, but I'm not sure. I'm knitting each side with a different strand of thread and decreasing at the edges. My question is about the bind offs. Do I bind off at the beginning of each of the 2 sides? Then the bind offs on one side are on the shoulder edge and the bind offs on the other side are on edge closest to the middle of the sweater. Seems uneven. But I don't know how to bind off except at the beginning of a row. I've read multiple posts and checked a couple of knitting books, but I'm still not sure. Thanks in advance!
northernlights is offline   Reply With Quote