Old 07-01-2008, 11:48 PM   #31
fibrenut
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to fibrenut
Hiya krista,
It is perty up in the mountains huh? Plan on riding the bike up there one of these days.
Yer going to Estes Park by way of I-25 I take it. Ft. Collins is just a few miles up further n I think that lambspun is on College (I think). They just had the fibre festival up in Estes last weekend. You should be able to find a decent LYS up there somewhere.

knittycakebaker on ravelry
LOOK TWICE SAVE A LIFE
motorcycles are everywhere!!
Abate of Colorado
fibrenut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fibrenut For This Useful Post:
kristaj (07-03-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-03-2008, 02:10 PM   #32
Sheri
1st Leg of the Journey

I live in Loveland and while I've been to My Sister Knits and Lambspun in Ft. Collins, my favorite shop is in Loveland and is called Woolen Treasures, which is in downtown Loveland. It's not far off from Eisenhower OR Highway 34 whichever you want to call it. I have shopped there for 4 years. I love Monika's products and I highly recommend her shop.
Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sheri For This Useful Post:
kristaj (07-03-2008)
Old 07-15-2008, 06:41 PM   #33
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
Invitation to Join a West Coast Project
Hello Colorado Knitters!

I am spearheading the West Coast Oddball Baby Blanket project over in the Charity forum.

Please take a stroll over there and see if it's anything you would be interested in joining.

Don't worry if you're not into big commitments. This is the project for you!

The way it works is that each knitter knits 4" of a baby blanket, usually 90-100 stitches, using worsted or dk (depending on the blanket) weight, acrylic yarn. You can choose the pattern of your choice, keeping within the three stitch garter edging. Then, when you're done, you send the blanket to the next knitter, leaving the stitches on the needles. Everything travels together.

Each blanket takes about six knitters. You get two weeks to complete your portion. I've found it takes me only one evening...sometimes two.

If you'd like to join us, you can either send me a PM, or you can post a note in THIS thread. I'll watch for it, send you a request for more information, and then we're set to go.

Come join a worthwhile endeavor. You'll be blessed beyond your wildest imagination.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 03:49 AM   #34
kova
Casting On

If I lived in Colorado for two years does that count? I likely will move back in January but I have a long trip planned before then. I never looked at Lambspun but I just I should check it out when I'm in the Fort Collins area.
kova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:22 AM   #35
nanc
Casting On

Hi all! I live in Conifer. I have been knitting for 40+ years. We have a new knitting shop up here and I am loving it!
nanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:36 PM   #36
Sanguiknity
Casting On

Hello Everyone! I've been learning how to knit for the past few months (it's slow going though...) and I live in Denver (10-15 min away from Glendale). I haven't gone to any knitting meetings or anything yet, but I hope to make time for it soon

Mallory
Old 01-19-2009, 08:35 PM   #37
globaltraveler
Turning the Heel

I normally live in the Erie area, even though I've been traveling for over a year.

Anyone in CO doing the knitathon for the Knitting 4 Our Troops hat project this Saturday and Sunday?

OTN: Eyelet Chemise in Handmaiden Sea Silk (colorway: Midnight). Still. And a purple Donegal Tweed set of fingerless mitts, to try out my new Hiya Hiya interchangeable needles.

Latest FO: A shrug for an Anthropologie swap in beautiful Casbah sock yarn, in Cedar, a dark green semi-solid, my own pattern. Also a quick Noro Silk Garden neckwarmer for my friend Aideen, in a vine lace pattern.

My knitting blog, Another Long Yarn
globaltraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:50 PM   #38
mwhite
Instepping Out

Please pardon my temporary hijack of the thread but I'm heading to Denver in mid-August for some much needed solitude and am wondering about places of interest, LYS's and their knit nights (I'm a lace person), comfortable/affordable lodging for 7 days within walking distance of restaurants...etc.... Any suggestions or help is appreciated. I'll be leaving Denver and going to the Colorado Springs area after the first 7 days and will be there until the 28th/29th. Thanks in advance!
mwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:20 PM   #39
cdjack
Turning the Heel

I scrolled through this forum for the Colorado thread to ask the same thing Mary! My dh and I are headed to Co. next month and I was also wanting some yarn store recommendations. We will be in Denver and then we were going to head north towards Loveland or Ft. Collins. Any ideas from y'all would be appreciated!

Courtney
cdjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:20 PM   #40
Lindszoo
Casting On

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and i'm in Parker