Old 07-06-2008, 12:52 PM   #1
LRHBeads
Casting On

Term "Holding Back"
I am attempting to crochet one of Patricia Kristoffersen's Victorian Spiral Dollies. I was crocheting up a storm until I reached round 21.

Round 21: (slip st, beg sh) in next sh,*[ch3, 2 sc in next ch sp, sc in next 5 sc, 2 sc in next ch sp, ch 3, sh in sh, HOLDING BACK ON LAST LOOP- dc in next ch sp, insert hook under next ch sp, pull up thread, dc in next ch sp, YO, draw through all 4 loops on hook], sh in next sh; rf* 14X; rf [to] 1X; join.

It is the direction in red that I can't seem to find any directions on how do this and I've looked in all my crochet books and googled the term with no luck.

Could one of you brillant crochet ladies helpme with some instructions on how to do this step.

Thanks!!

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-06-2008, 07:12 PM   #2
mathwizard
Turning the Heel

holding back
I assume that all the sh are really st. It means don't complete the stitch using the last loop on the hook but use that loop in the next part "dc in next ch sp, insert hook under next ch sp, pull up thread, dc in next ch sp, YO, draw through all 4 loops on hook]" I hope that clears it up for you. By the way I would love to see the finished doily. I am in the process of doing a doily myself and am changing the pattern because of my thread choice.
Past Portfolio reviewer for Crochet Guild of America
mathwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:51 PM   #3
LRHBeads
Casting On

It wasn't a typo. Sh stands for shell in the directions. Thank you so much for the info. I can now go on an hopefully finish this one tonight. I'll post a picture for you as soon as I finish. Thanks again for your quick reply. You ladies here on this forum have helped me so many times. You are awesome.