Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 01:15 AM   #4721
BobbiKnits
1st Leg of the Journey

My socks are looking wonderful I'm so happy with them! I just finished the heel. I think they're going to be a bit small for me though, but that's ok, I'll just have to find someone with smaller feet than mine. I already have an idea in mind for my next ones though...I think I'd look nice in some knee high rugby socks.

OTN: Bold & Bulky mini cardigan, rectangle tunic

My Blog

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-12-2008, 11:14 AM   #4722
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Originally Posted by BobbiKnits View Post
My socks are looking wonderful I'm so happy with them! I just finished the heel. I think they're going to be a bit small for me though, but that's ok, I'll just have to find someone with smaller feet than mine. I already have an idea in mind for my next ones though...I think I'd look nice in some knee high rugby socks.
Bobbi's been bit by the sock bug!!!!

Jess "what do you do with a baby" give them sour things and watch their reaction jk. (that was the Chris in me)
Babies are super easy, it's when they get bigger and talk that I think they're hard. But maybe that's just me. When they're newborns you spend lots of time staring at them in awe. Then about 6 weeks old they start to coo & smile. 3 moths they liket o hold toys and look at things & study them. About 4 months they start rolling over & 5-6 months start sitting up on their own & playing with toys. Then you get to where Caitlin is, 7-8 months they start scooting/crawling (not all babies crawl though) and then they start pulling up on things and walking around furniture and before you know it they're off walking around bythemselves and getting into everything. I could keep going on through the ages, but don't want to bore anyone. I kids & always have. Originally I wanted 6, Dh only wanted 1 or 2 - we have 3 & I feel complete (though #4 wouldn't break my heart-just hurt financially) No I'm not prego, just love babies.

everyone!!! I'm now 6" into the CPH fronts!
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
jess_hawk (07-13-2008)
Old 07-12-2008, 11:39 AM   #4723
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters!!

Carla~I can't wait to see the baby surprise jacket (are you working on the SKP sock? I skipped it )

Lieke~I wondered about the sock and if I would be bored out of my mind...can't wait to see yours

Marilynn~ Love the socks!! Welcome the addiction

Bobbi~I'm sorry you had to re-start but we have all been there, yummy looking pie!! Those brownies sound really gross but I've been wondering if it works...let us know

Lisa~Love the photo idea

Gina~Have fun and YAY for the yarn

Ann~I never had trouble with LK but just really didn't like how it was handled with mom...their prices are GREAT

Julie~I don't have a close relationship w/MIL ...cause we just say enough to be friendly in front of the kids...so I have no issue with just sitting and knitting in front of her when they visit

Sue~ Thanks for letting us know you made it there safely!

Chris~

Christine~I can't wait to see it

jess_hawk~Can't wait to see your pictures

Nothing much planned for today but cleaning out the closets upstairs...JD is going to help me so I woke up like ok let's get it done...he told me he ordered me to just sit and knit (he was teasing he doesn't order me around)...take it easy and then tonight since the closet will still be there we will get started ...

The kids are already enjoying the outdoors...I'm going to wash my hair, start some clothes, and the dishwasher...then I guess I'll go sit on the swing and work on a sock (nope not the SOS sock that I should be working on, but another test knit )

I hope you all have a great day of knitting

ETA: I've been looking around online for some like preschool things for Roo this coming year...I found this site that sells kits but they will only sell kits for 3 children (I would be getting the Brite Kids fun pack)...It's not much would be about 13.00 a month for each child...only thing is I only have ONE child that needs it lol...so was wondering would any of you be interested in the other 2 kits? I just hate to see the other 2 kits go to waste...or does anyone know of a different program?

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog

Last edited by dustinac : 07-12-2008 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Preschool stuff
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
jess_hawk (07-13-2008), knitgal (07-12-2008), Lisa1216 (07-12-2008), mare-nitt (07-12-2008)
Old 07-12-2008, 01:07 PM   #4724
BobbiKnits
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by dustinac View Post

Bobbi~I'm sorry you had to re-start but we have all been there, yummy looking pie!! Those brownies sound really gross but I've been wondering if it works...let us know
They turned out really really thick, and surprisingly pretty chocolatey, too. You can't tast the veggies at all. There is a recipe on Oprah's website, if anyone wants to try it.

My Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to BobbiKnits For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (07-12-2008)
Old 07-12-2008, 02:53 PM   #4725
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
For those of you who helped me pick a pattern and for those of you who support me while I am knitting and organizing, thanks very much from the bottom of my heart.

Here is a picture of the finished blanket, Teddy Bear Love. I just love this blanket. Do you know what I noticed? The section below mine (mine are the hearts) the knitter has put the words "teddy bears" right into the blanket. This is one really terrific blanket. So much love and knitting knowledge went into this one. I just love it!!!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Teddy Bear Love Top small.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	49079  Click image for larger version

Name:	Teddy Bear Love Bottom small.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	49080  Click image for larger version

Name:	Teddy Bear Love Finished small.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	49081  

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

Old 07-12-2008, 04:00 PM   #4726
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Christine, that looks awesome! The blanket is beautiful, and I love your part!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following User Says Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (07-12-2008)
Old 07-12-2008, 04:19 PM   #4727
Karina
Working the Gusset

Christine that is an amazing blanket. Well done to everybody who works so hard on these blankets.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:25 PM   #4728
BobbiKnits
1st Leg of the Journey

Well, ladies, my first sock is officially completed. I'm not sure if I'll make a match for it (since no one around here will be able to wear it), or if I'll just move on to some socks for myself. But either way, my 4 month old niece was kind enough to model this one for me. You'll have to excuse the blurry picture, I got lazy and just used my camera phone.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	sock.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	49085  

My Blog
Old 07-12-2008, 09:09 PM   #4729
mare-nitt
Turning the Heel

They look like they turned out nice, and that is a cute little foot they are on.
I never even thought of socks for babies. Hmmmm
http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/n...albumview=grid
The Following User Says Thank You to mare-nitt For This Useful Post:
BobbiKnits (07-13-2008)
Old 07-12-2008, 09:21 PM   #4730
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Bobbi: That is a nice sock. You did a great job on it.

KAL Members: It is with the greatest pleasure that I can tell you all that it was the unanimous decision of all the knitters who worked on Teddy Bear Love that this blanket should go to Rabbitrescuer's son Austin. It will be mailed to him on Monday or Tuesday of next week along with a few puzzles and things for he and his brother to occupy themselves once Austin is feeling up to it.

That's what this group is all about! Although I certainly would not have wished this fate on anyone, in our group or otherwise, I am pleased that a member of our own KH group will get some comfort from the work of our Canadian Oddball Baby Blanket KAL.

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
BobbiKnits (07-13-2008)
Closed Thread