Old 07-14-2008, 04:13 PM   #11
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

I am *not suggesting* that this is the way to go.
Between the ages of 11 and 14 I wanted to dye my hair vaious colors and pierce sveral areas... mom wouldn't let me, but I did it anyway. I was forever in trouble, but she didn't hate me *shrug* Now that I look back at pictures, I should have listened to her about the hair....
When I got my eyebrow pierced at 20, I didn't tell her... granted I was at college, but it still took her like 3 days at home before she noticed. At that point, it was too late.
When I got my first tattoo ( I was just about to turn 23 and already married), I told her I was either getting a tat of a big hairy penis between my breasts or the word "juicy" on my butt, I couldn't decide.... then when I came hme with a turtle on my left sholder blade, she said "cute!!!"

That said, cartlige piercing hurts more than regular piercing, and takes longer to heal. Don't plan on riding any rollercoasters for the next 3 months. Also, have you even thought about how much you hit your ears when you brush your hair? If not, you'll notice for sure after it's pierced.

Further, at 30, my ears have a total of 15 piercings between them, and I maybe wear earrings once a month, int he first 3 holes only. Unless it's a job interview, then the first holes only.

I personally, think the stigma on tattoos and piercings is fading, BUT, your mother is only looking out for your best interest, and I think you should heed her word. For now.
sugarfunpouch (07-15-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-14-2008, 04:18 PM   #12
kristaj
1st Leg of the Journey

I am glad that you are respecting your mom's decisions. As someone who grew up with dirty blond hair (now brown) I can understand you wanting to dye it blond. Everyone is right though, when you dye your hair it gets very expensive and very damaging. Not something you want to start at such a young age. If you want to naturally add some blond to your hair (won't take you to a true blond, but will eventually turn lighter) you can rinse your hair with lemon juice every time you wash it. I used to do this and it looked like I had been out in the sun all summer.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:09 AM   #13
Puddinpop
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Puddinpop
You sound like a very sweet girl. Personally, I don't like cartlidge piercing. I am old, though (52). My daughter got this done. She is now 22 and doesn't have the cartlidge piercing anymore. She also, got her tongue pierced at 18. Doesn't have it now, though. I hated it. I also, worried about her doing damage to her tongue. The point I am trying to make is that it must not have been that great, because she doesn't have them anymore. No matter what the youth likes, a lot of adults hate the look. Some do judge by your look. They might start treating you differently, because of it. I try not to do this. Please try and see where your mom is coming from and realize that she loves you and wants the best for you. You will always be better off if you keep the communication open with your mom. You probably won't know how much she loves you until you have your own children and see how you feel about them. Hang in there. We all know how tough it is to be a teenager, especially for girls.
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Puddinpop For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2008, 03:16 PM   #14
kellee0302
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to kellee0302
Piercing, etc.
Originally Posted by sugarfunpouch View Post
Thanks guys! Yeah my mom would totally flip if I went and pierced my ear behind her back!!! I probably should wait, my mom says when I'm 18 I can do it because well technically I'd be emancipated and she can't control me I think was the point she was trying to get at.
If you go on my myspace you can see the pink hair mascara I put in. I'm waiting to do the extensions after I get my haircut...around mid August...
I believe I have the link for it in my signature...
Thanks again for the help guys you give awesome advice!
I was 15 when I had my ear pierced in the cartiladge, and I did it after my mom said no. That resulted in a huge argument. It ended up infected and caused all sorts of problems and seemed to take forever to heal. And sad to say after all that I can't remember the last time I actually put an earring in that piercing. Listen to your mom I know it seems like they have no clue but later on you will look back and what she said will make perfect sense. I've had extension but they weren't pink, they are great because when you're sick of them you can have them removed and you won't have to have them redyed like your own hair. Much better investment, if they are the same as the one's I had they are reusable. Post pics when you have them put in.
The Following User Says Thank You to kellee0302 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2008, 05:38 PM   #15
sugarfunpouch
Knitting the Flap

Thanks again XD
Thanks again for all of your advice guys I do get what you are saying and totally understand the point you are trying to make.
when i can resize the pictures, ill post them i promise. They are just with the hair mascara stuff, btw.
Obama is my candidate for the election!
sugarfunpouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:17 PM   #16
sugarfunpouch
Knitting the Flap

Okay my mom said I could do the whole lemon juice thing every now and then so thanks for the suggestion! Just gotta make sure i dont get it in my eyes XD
Old 07-18-2008, 06:03 PM   #17
sugarfunpouch
Knitting the Flap

argh more help! :( haha
I bought this hair mascara, Amuse Hair Mascara (Highlights for Hair)
wondering if anyone else has this, and if you know the colors they have let me know! I've spent the past hour on google trying to find it but I can't. :( Let me know! thanks in advance.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:04 AM   #18
knittingymnast
Working the Gusset

Hmm. Never heard of that brand.

My mom says no more than 1 hole in each ear but im going to skip a grade if not 2 and go to college way early. I'm going to do 2nd piercing 3rd piercing 2 cartiliges on 1 ear and 1 on the other. Plus i want my eyebrow pierced, my lip twice and a monroe.
knittingymnast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:23 AM   #19
Cynamar
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to Cynamar Send a message via Yahoo to Cynamar
I'm the mom who won't let my daughter do those things. She's 15. Sorry, I understand your pain but you will be able to do what you want in five years. In the meantime, be nice to your mom. She has her reasons even if she doesn't express them very well and she has a right to say no.

While there's tea there's hope. - Sir Arthur Pinero

My KH Blog Thread

My Blog
Cynamar is offline   Reply With Quote