Old 07-20-2008, 02:55 AM   #721
Limey
Turning the Heel

Hi Alicia

I'm very glad to know that your back is on the mend and you're getting back to 'normal', or at least, what passes for 'normal' on this thread.

Thanks very much too for cracking on with the hats - every one of them will be needed and much appreciated by Save the Children.

Unless you see stackable boxes in a shop, please don't buy any yet because I'll check out some office supply companies first and get back to you. Sometimes they're cheaper than High Street prices.

I've not been able to make as many hats as I would have liked these last couple of weeks but I finished this one and I'm halfway through another mock cable hat - just love that pattern!

All the Best

Ellie
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0283-1.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	49205  
Limey is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-20-2008, 03:07 PM   #722
bajanKnit
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Limey View Post
Hi Alicia

I'm very glad to know that your back is on the mend and you're getting back to 'normal', or at least, what passes for 'normal' on this thread.

Thanks very much too for cracking on with the hats - every one of them will be needed and much appreciated by Save the Children.

Unless you see stackable boxes in a shop, please don't buy any yet because I'll check out some office supply companies first and get back to you. Sometimes they're cheaper than High Street prices.

I've not been able to make as many hats as I would have liked these last couple of weeks but I finished this one and I'm halfway through another mock cable hat - just love that pattern!

All the Best

Ellie
Hi Ellie
Thank you for your well wishesand thank you for helping me with my storage problem.

Your hat looks nice!

I have another 2 hats almost finish and another cast on unfortunately I have 4 hats that are the same color, but I don't think they will mind. Off to go soak up some sun it's warm today. (note to self get it while it's here).How is the weather in your neck of the woods?

Caio
Alicia
bajanKnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 06:59 PM   #723
Limey
Turning the Heel

Hi Alicia

What's the weather like? Dreadful!! I live about a mile and a half from Birkdale Golf Club - you know, that green stuff where people crowd around to see a bloke hit a tiny ball with a stick.

They've been holding something called the 'Open' here and the wind just hasn't eased up at all. Damn near gale force at times.

You must have stashed that sunshine in your suitcase and sneaked it in because we've not seen much at all, or at least, when there has been any, it's still cold on the coast here.

Will get back to you about the storage boxes.

Thanks very much for knitting the lovely hats - and it doesn't matter a bit if some are the same.

All the Best

Ellie

Last edited by Limey : 07-21-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:55 PM   #724
Limey
Turning the Heel

Hi Folks

I've posted the latest information from Save the Children at the top of the thread.

There are more photographs from Tibet on the following link plus how one little hat helped a four-month-old Tibetan baby boy, who has had pneumonia.

http://www.savethechildren.org.uk/en/5072_5584.htm

There's a wonderful picture of Tibetan mothers with a box of hats - I keep looking at it to see if I can spot any of ours.

BTW, Save the Children are looking for stories for their campaign of how people held Knit-Ins, or got together to knit hats.

I've wondered if we should let them know about our thread ...

What do you think?

MANY THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE WHO CONTRIBUTES TO THE APPEAL

All Best Wishes
Ellie
The Following User Says Thank You to Limey For This Useful Post:
momwolf (07-23-2008)
Old 07-23-2008, 07:07 AM   #725
Limey
Turning the Heel

Hi

This is the third mock cable hat I've made and it just had to be a nice blue because I already knitted cream and pink, not to mention being totally fed up with these endless grey skies of summer - bummer It's all Alicia's fault, bringing back a stash of sunshine and then she goes and loses it. Tut! and Tut again!

This shade reminds me of Greece, so if you don't mind, Jen - I'll have a bash at making that lovely Greek Key design you did.

Think my next hat though will be a Dolly Mixture - I totally forgot about a small pastel stash I had with a sugary pink and a lovely mauve - so I'll get cracking
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	100_6137.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	49246  
Old 07-23-2008, 10:54 PM   #726
momwolf
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,136 Times in 707 Posts
Cute hat Ellie!!! I will start up some more hats for you tomorrow night.

momwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 06:26 AM   #727
bajanKnit
Knitting the Flap

Quote:
It's all Alicia's fault, bringing back a stash of sunshine and then she goes and loses it. Tut! and Tut again!
Why thank you Ellie I am so flattered that you think I am the reason for you knitting such a gorgeous little hat. I gladly take all the blame. And by the way I haven't lost it I am just giving it out in installments because I don't want it go too soon.

Later
Alicia
Old 07-25-2008, 01:07 PM   #728
momwolf
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,136 Times in 707 Posts
Ok I did as I promised,Are you happy now Ellie
I used the yarn you sent me
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	DSCN2291.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	49281  

momwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:08 PM   #729
ritaw
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,391 Times in 1,296 Posts
Julie that hat looks amazing . I love the little frill at the bottom . It adds a little bit of chic .
momwolf (07-25-2008)
Old 07-25-2008, 02:33 PM   #730
bajanKnit
Knitting the Flap

Hi guys here are a few hats don't let your eyes fool you they look the same but they are not.

Sorry for the awful pics camera acting up.