Old 07-21-2008, 02:28 PM   #131
kellybigeyes
Knitting the Flap

Moxiemade... I love the dishcloth. The stitch is beautiful!! I think it would be a great idea to do a blanket called "Butterfly Kisses". I think is would look wonderful if we did either pastel colors or maybe even bright colors.

I am also kellybigeyes at http://www.ravelry.com/
kellybigeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kellybigeyes For This Useful Post:
MAmaDawn (07-21-2008), Moxiemade (07-21-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-21-2008, 05:33 PM   #132
LBECK
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to LBECK
I will not spray any of them that might not be a good idea as far as the hospital is concerned anyway. It was just that I didn't want to send it to anyone if it smells bad.

Originally Posted by MAmaDawn View Post
If it's coming to me please do NOT spray it with Frebreze.. That and lysol I do have issues with.

My husband used to smoke but not in the house. But letting it sit in the sun should air it out enough. Was that what you did Holly?

I have added you all now that have asked and tried to vary where you are at so you don't get all of them at once. I'll post a list of them later. I think we are just about covered now.

OTN: Several WIPs
Crocheting baby items for a gift shop.

I am yarnin4aproj on Ravelry.

" May every stitch you knit bring you a little closer to that calm, clear space in the center of your soul. --- Earth Heart Designs"
LBECK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LBECK For This Useful Post:
MAmaDawn (07-21-2008)
Old 07-21-2008, 05:54 PM   #133
HollyP
Working the Gusset

No Lisa, it wasn't you!

I agree we should probably refrain from spraying anything on the blankets for the babies' sake. I'm willing to wash them before I donate with unscented baby detergent. I don't have kids but my dog has really bad allergies and that is all I can use on his bedding with out causing him to break out in hives.

To air the blankets that I have gotten that smelled like smoke I put out on my clothes line during the day and let them sit overnight in my sunroom with the windows open. It seemed to get rid of the smell. I try to avoid using chemicals when ever I can due to my own and my dog's allergies. I sun/air a lot of things before trying anything else.

Southeast Baby Oddball Blog
HollyP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyP For This Useful Post:
LBECK (07-21-2008), MAmaDawn (07-21-2008)
Old 07-21-2008, 05:58 PM   #134
LBECK
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by HollyP View Post
No Lisa, it wasn't you!

I agree we should probably refrain from spraying anything on the blankets for the babies' sake. I'm willing to wash them before I donate with unscented baby detergent. I don't have kids but my dog has really bad allergies and that is all I can use on his bedding with out causing him to break out in hives.
Good I was worried about that because I try no to knit for other people when he is smoking. Most of the time when I am knitting he is in bed. That is because it is after work between 8 and 11 pm. lol

" May every stitch you knit bring you a little closer to that calm, clear space in the center of your soul. --- Earth Heart Designs"
Old 07-21-2008, 06:01 PM   #135
LBECK
Knitting the Flap

I am not having any luck get my buttons to work. I can get one but I cannot manage to get more than that. I have tried to put them on flickr but I don't know what to do from there and I am dummy 101 about this kind of stuff.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:42 PM   #136
MAmaDawn
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by LBECK View Post
I will not spray any of them that might not be a good idea as far as the hospital is concerned anyway. It was just that I didn't want to send it to anyone if it smells bad.

That's a good point about not spraying them cuz of the babies too.

And I don't know how to get them up from flicker, I just don't know flicker. I've used it a few times but I don't know my log in or password anymore.

I don't know if you want to use photobucket, but I posted how to get it up from there.

I'm sure though someone can tell you how from flicker.

Wife to GooB; Mom to Tori (7) and Belle (4) Jeremiah (2)

MamaDawn there too
My Little Shop
MAmaDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:46 PM   #137
misha rf

That works for me!

Also: We have cats, but I make a point of keeping any charity projects bagged. This is actually more for my sanity than anything else. (Not that they ever mess with my knitting, but it would be my luck that they'd pick one of these projects to eat.)

I'm also sensitive to smells. I've had to air out other blankets before I could work on them. (Which, in my house, means spreading it out in the closet so the cats can't get to it.)
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
MAmaDawn (07-21-2008)
Old 07-21-2008, 09:13 PM   #138
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,908 Posts
Originally Posted by LBECK View Post
I am not having any luck get my buttons to work. I can get one but I cannot manage to get more than that. I have tried to put them on flickr but I don't know what to do from there and I am dummy 101 about this kind of stuff.
There is a link in my signature on "how to post photos". You can use the same procedure to add images to your signature.

I use Flickr all the time.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shandeh For This Useful Post:
LBECK (07-22-2008), MAmaDawn (07-21-2008)
Old 07-21-2008, 09:16 PM   #139
Howdovely
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to Howdovely
Originally Posted by Shandeh View Post
There is a link in my signature on "how to post photos". You can use the same procedure to add images to your signature.

I use Flickr all the time.
I know that girl who standing next to you! haha. What a great day that was!!!

----> Howdovely
OTN: Pinwheel blanket for me; Camo Teddy Bear for future crib
COMPLETED: Lapghan for me; Baby Sweater #2; Steelers Skull Cap; Baby Sweater #1; 2 Baby blankets; Prayer Shawl for Charity; Bamboo Scarf; 8 Oddball Baby Blankets for Charity; Booga Bag for me; baby blanket for my neighbor; 3 Dishcloths for my sister
Howdovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:24 PM   #140
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,908 Posts
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote