Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 08:34 AM   #5011
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
I lost my post (forgot to copy it first)...now to remeber what all I said

Good MOrning socksters

Gina~I would be upset about that too...I really hope they send you the money...Congrats on the socks and short row heels

Lieke~Thanks for the tips on the cotton

Sue~I'm glad you are feeling better and I think kitchen towels would be really nice. I have so much of that yarn...I really need to use it up

Julie~Those are very pretty...I would be afraid to use them and have them on display

Lisa~wow that's a high tax...I would prolly only buy from the part that was in the 8something range and stay away from the 9something

Christine~Enjoy your rest today, you deserve it!!

jess_hawk~I seen where they are/were having bad storms...glad no one was hurt and you are able to start the clean up process

Bobbi~Good Luck on the job

Chris~I agree with GJ on a timeshare thing...but I get to go first 'cause I'm closer to ya (jk)

We are in the 70s today after being locked up with 90s and muggy...I'm all excited...and tomorrow the low 80s YAY!!!

I went to knit night last night and worked on the S.O.S socks that are taking FOREVER to finish...I'm just not enjoying the 2socks on 2circs thing...today I'm going to work on Isaiah's 2nd sock.

I hope you all have a great day of knitting

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
jess_hawk (07-23-2008), The.Knitter (07-23-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-23-2008, 09:14 AM   #5012
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Holy cow, those spindles and ball winders are gorgeous! Julie, I think you should go for it, you're entitled to splurge every once in a while!

Christine, welcome back! Rest up, my friend.

Bobbi, good luck with the job! I hope you get good news!

Jess, I'm glad your storm damage wasn't *too* bad. Our coast is getting hit by Hurricane Dolly right now, but I'm far enough away that all I'll get is possibly some rain.

Gina, sounds like your DH is doing great on the socks!

Everyone else, HI! I hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday.

As for me, I'm going out with my handbell friends tonight for some much needed 'me' time, so that will be nice. I'll probably take my knitting with me (because everyone knits in bars, right?) so I can get some work done on these shawls.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2008, 09:18 AM   #5013
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Originally Posted by fibrenut View Post
Julie,
I went n took a peek at those n OMG.... those are some awesome looking spindles. I really, really, really like that tibeten one with the little gems in it n stuff. That one is gorgeous.
I think that those ones with the big $$$ are the ones that has 24K gold in the design. I like that one with the red dragon too!
I've done a bunch of research and the Golding spindles seem to be the best weighted & the most loved, just fyi. And the only seller on Etsy that I heard of was Butterflygirldesignes & viking santa...I didnt care too much for his, b/c he can't type & that always makes me wonder, and then I didn't see any notches on Butterflygirls so, I'm sure there's a way, but how do you keep it from not just spinnnin around n around n around? I'm seriously thinkin of getting one of those spindles. Jacob just told me that I need to make more yarn so I can make him some mittens...sounds like a good enough excuse to me to get one
Old 07-23-2008, 09:40 AM   #5014
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanks Christine I think I'll order it now, yay! just have to decide which one to get? when I buy things I think of it as my payment for doing things around the house and with the kids.

Lisa that wouldn't work, asking about the $ of race parts bc my FIL has bought everything for that car-it's 'his' but Brian drives it b/c my FIL is way to big (6'4ish & easily 300lbs or +)

Christine welcome home! get some rest, if you don't check in for a couple days it will be ok, just don't wait 3. We love reading your posts & seeing that cute puppy avatar.

For those of you dealing with mid-west storms & "Dolly" please be careful & know that we're here watching the weather in dry country hoping for some rain.

Bobbi congrats! What's the name of the Daycare? (I think when Jess abbreviated Aus she meant Austrellia b/c she was there for school a while back-before you joined the forum)

OK well after being gone for 2 days today I'm going to knit the last sleeve! gosh darnit! I was able to knit about 20 rows last night & easily have another 64 to go before I'm done with the decreases & then another 16 after that...I'd love to get that done today and block them so I can seam the CPH up, it's driving me crazy not having it done & not getting to work on it. Tomorrow I probably wont check in in the mornin since I have my wonderful yearly PAP, o boy! jk. But I told DH that he's keeping all 3 kids (yes, all 3) and I'm going by myself. He kept all 3 last night long enough for me to go to Target to get them some more soap/shampoo b/c we forgot it on Sun & when I came home he was brushing their teeth (1/2 hour early) and putting them to bed...guess he got a burst of energy & fun from the older 2 and wasn't going to put up with it at 8pm, which is good...I just think it's funny b/c if I'd been here I would have still been the 'incharge' parent & he would have just backed me up...but they were in bed by 8:15 or so & had to skip their baths b/c they decided to run in the house. Too bad too b/c the soap/shampoo I got smells really good & I wanted to use it :(
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2008, 09:42 AM   #5015
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by G J View Post
Chris, maybe we could go in on timeshares for it...you buy it, and send it to each of us to share for a time!

Originally Posted by dustinac View Post
Chris~I agree with GJ on a timeshare thing...but I get to go first 'cause I'm closer to ya (jk)
Mommy MOOMMMYYY Gina and Dustinac won't let me play with my toys - I don't want to share any more.

Originally Posted by Abbily View Post
As for me, I'm going out with my handbell friends tonight for some much needed 'me' time, so that will be nice.
Strange when I tell DSWMBO that I am going out with some friends she says that I'm going out with those ding-a-lings again. Should I tell her that I'm going out with some handbell friends? Maybe if I knit her a hat I could pull the wool over her eyes?

Good Morning - One and all

Old 07-23-2008, 10:00 AM   #5016
Abbily
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
Strange when I tell DSWMBO that I am going out with some friends she says that I'm going out with those ding-a-lings again. Should I tell her that I'm going out with some handbell friends? Maybe if I knit her a hat I could pull the wool over her eyes?
Hee hee, we call each other ding-a-lings, so maybe that would work for you! Of course, she might expect to actually see you play the handbells at some point...

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

Old 07-23-2008, 10:31 AM   #5017
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Ah yes, it's nice to be "home". You people brighten my day! I was having awful withdrawals up in the great north where no internet is available to me. I'll be back here for two weeks and then DH and I get two weeks at the trailer. The first week it's just us and Boots, the second week we have the DGD for "her week". She cried last night when I would not bring her home with me. I have many pictures of my DGS's vacation and I will post some today or tomorrow!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

Old 07-23-2008, 10:35 AM   #5018
jberry16
Instepping Out

Tami have u seen these foot spindles?
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (07-23-2008)
Old 07-23-2008, 11:02 AM   #5019
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Welcome back, Christine! HOpe you have time to relax and knit today, and not just do laundry and catch up at home!

Bobbi, I can't wait to find out about the job for you! WTG! DD is working for a Montessori day care for the summer. It's good experience for her, but many of the kids are spoiled and lack good manners and social skills. And Montessori seems a bit weird to me. They don't encourage imaginary play! In fact, it's not allowed! How odd is that?!?

Lisa, how's work? It's nice that you have time to post, even though you're busy!

Chris, I couldn't find the "click on the link that looks like" part of your instructions. And quit yer cryin! We'd let you have it back once in a while!

Dustina, you'd think we'd all remember to copy our posts before we hit "submit reply", but I still forget, too!

Carey, I've always loved the sound of handbells. Have you played long?

Julie, Can't wait to see your completed CPH!
The Following User Says Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (07-23-2008)
Old 07-23-2008, 11:34 AM   #5020
Abbily
Instepping Out

Gina, I've been playing handbells for 21 years. Wow, now I feel old...

Closed Thread