Old 07-21-2008, 10:48 PM   #101
Plantgoddess+
Working the Gusset

I have had my Harmonys for several months and made several projects with them. I am very happy with them. They are great for slippery yarns, yet smooth enough that I don't feel they slow me down at all. I have added some 40" cables and doubled up on the size 4's and 5's since I managed to sit on my knitting not once but twice and broke my size 5's. I have learned to put my knitting in a container when not being worked. I have also used the end caps for a project on hold in order to use the tips on another project, I find that very helpful. I will probably order some option tips in sizes I use the most. I am completely satisfied with my purchase.
G J (07-22-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-21-2008, 11:15 PM   #102
tokmom
Turning the Heel

Can you show me which ones are your talking about on KP? I type in rainbow swirl and it takes me to the regular harmonies.

future plans: Afghan, baby blanket and a cabled...something ;hats and mittens to follow for kids.

Tokmom on Raverly
tokmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:39 AM   #103
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,890 Times in 3,011 Posts
KP "Harmony" needles are one and the same as "rainbow swirl"!
Harmony is the actual name given to them by their creators, KnitPicks...and the words 'rainbow swirl' are just visual descriptive terms!

These are Harmony's aka rainbow swirl!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:27 AM   #104
fireflyknitter
1st Leg of the Journey

I've had mine for about 6 months now (has it really been that long??) and I've had no problems with them-- knock on wood! I love my Harmonies, for me they are the perfect needles! A little grip, a little slip, and oh so purty!

fireflyknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fireflyknitter For This Useful Post:
G J (07-22-2008), RuthieinMaryland (07-25-2008)
Old 07-22-2008, 12:01 PM   #105
tokmom
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post
KP "Harmony" needles are one and the same as "rainbow swirl"!
Harmony is the actual name given to them by their creators, KnitPicks...and the words 'rainbow swirl' are just visual descriptive terms!

These are Harmony's aka rainbow swirl!

Ahh, I get it. I have those. And I love them. I won't knit on anything else. I hope to have every dpn set as well. I love how pointy they are. I don't have splitting issues with bamboo yarn like I do if I use bamboo needles. I personally think it was money well spent.

future plans: Afghan, baby blanket and a cabled...something ;hats and mittens to follow for kids.

Tokmom on Raverly
tokmom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tokmom For This Useful Post:
G J (07-22-2008), RuthieinMaryland (07-25-2008)
Old 07-24-2008, 12:24 AM   #106
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

I have some questions about these needles, hopefully you all can answer!

1. Are the harmony needles as smooth as the addi bamboo?

2. Do the harmony and options fit the same cords? (so, theoretically, could I put a wood tip on one end, and a metal tip on the other?) I'm asking because I may want to order SOME nickel plated needle tips (if i get the harmony set), and don't want to buy extra cables if i don't have to....
Old 07-24-2008, 01:59 AM   #107
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,890 Times in 3,011 Posts
Originally Posted by Hildegard_von_Knittin View Post
I have some questions about these needles, hopefully you all can answer!

1. Are the harmony needles as smooth as the addi bamboo?

2. Do the harmony and options fit the same cords? (so, theoretically, could I put a wood tip on one end, and a metal tip on the other?) I'm asking because I may want to order SOME nickel plated needle tips (if i get the harmony set), and don't want to buy extra cables if i don't have to....
Hi Hildegard!

I can't answer question #1. I have never tried Addi Bamboo, however, I will tell you that Harmony's are a smooth as glass.

Yes, the cords are all the same...for Harmony's and the Nickel.
Yes, you could put a Harmony on one end and a Nickel on the other end of the same cord. No, you will not need to purchase any additional cords or end caps or the little key thingies.

I have both sets, and I use them all the time, Harmony's for some things, Nickels for other things. I think it is the best investment I have ever made. I wish OPTIONS had been around before I invested hundreds and hundreds of dollars in Addi's, Crystal Palace's, Lantern Moon's, etc. etc. as well as the full set of Denise Interchangeables.

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
Hildegard_von_Knittin (07-24-2008), RuthieinMaryland (07-25-2008)
Old 07-24-2008, 09:49 PM   #108
Phaedra
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to Phaedra
I know I said before that I would not buy anymore Harmony needles----I need to retract that. My size 2 (2.75mm) fixed 16" circs. are my absolute favorite sock needle. I just had to adjust my hand/yarn tension. My love of knitting is that it is soothing, and with a very smooth needle and join (not to mention the flexible cable ) Harmony is really wonderful. And I do plan on getting larger size tips.
Phaedra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phaedra For This Useful Post:
G J (07-24-2008), RuthieinMaryland (07-25-2008)
Old 07-25-2008, 05:23 AM   #109
jdee
Working the Gusset

I have a set each of nickel and harmony, and also two of each sock size in the fixed circulars. They are still my favorite needles, and I'd recommend them to anyone.

Visit my blog at www.jdeeannsblog@blogspot.com
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew as steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
jdee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdee For This Useful Post:
G J (07-25-2008), RuthieinMaryland (07-25-2008)
Old 07-25-2008, 11:53 AM   #110
RuthieinMaryland
Turning the Heel

Location: I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland - GREAT steamed crab country! :o)
Harmony Wood DPN's
Hi, folks -

I just got in a set of the Harmony Wood DPN's. I haven't knitted with them yet, but they are gorgeous and I can't wait - silky smooth (NOT raw wood) and the colors are NOT fluorescent, but very subtle blends that I don't think will clash with yarn choices, at least in most cases. I suspect they'll just provide a good differentiation between needle and yarn.

Although I'm still drooling over the pic of the wood circ's!!! WOWSER! I'll put something up on the wood dpn's soon and report back. I'd like to get more info on how they knit and how they wear. Also, the kit has six needles in each size so you're not left hanging if one happens to break - a nice thought from KP.

Happy knitting -

Ruthie
RuthieinMaryland is offline   Reply With Quote