Old 08-03-2008, 02:55 PM   #461
Debkcs
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,192 Posts
Thanks Robyn, I'd (obviously) never seen those before.

"All good things and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights who cannot change."
James 1:17
Debkcs is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-03-2008, 04:00 PM   #462
astonh
Turning the Heel

Beautiful packages everyone! I can't stop drooling over here How groovy are those "wool needles"? And Riss, that green yarn is too cool.

My swap partner should be receiving her package Tuesday, if the mailman was telling the truth, so if you've not received your package yet... start stalking your mailperson. There's a "treasure" headed your way!

FO: Garter Stitch Baby Kimono, Baby Roots Cardigan, Knitted Baby Hat, Custom Adjustable Felted Guitar Strap, Flirtation Cozy, Modified Knit Coffee Sleeve, Scarf, My So-Called Scarf, Baby Converse Shoes, Balaclava, Various Dish/Wash Cloths

www.trowelanderror.blogspot.com
Oh...and I'm heajames on Ravelry
astonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #463
knitting4-2girls
Ribbing the Cuff

Libbie-so glad you got your package and like it. Hope you liked the "dragon" theme. I have to admit that the blues and greens just kindof came together. I looked for yarn that spoke to me and that's what you got!! Have fun. I think I'm gonna have to get some of that alpaca/tencel yarn myself. I loved it!!

knitting4-2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:17 PM   #464
*KnitPixie*
Turning the Heel

I am so glad you like your package Beth!!

We could learn a lot from crayons:some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names,
and all are different colors....
but they all exist very nicely in the same box.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*KnitPixie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:47 PM   #465
*KnitPixie*
Turning the Heel

Now for pictures of My WONDERFUL swap package from My WONDERFUL pal Foxyie. I didn't post for a few days because I was way to busy rolling around in all of this lovely

My pal totally spoiled me rotten. She hand -dyed yarn for me in one of my favorite colors Deep Teal using Lamb's Pride superwash bulky as a base. She also bought me the Juliet pattern that I have been longing to knitfor some time and now I have the perfect yarn to use for it. She also hand painted that beautiful fairie picture you see to the right..Isn't it gorgeous?! Oh and as you can see from the picture I was the lucky one to recieve the gorgeous handspun yarn called hummingbird.. she posted it earlier in this thread as a tease I also have some nice dragonfly stationary which I really needed. Included there is also some cotton and dish cloth patterns so I will be a busy knitter in the coming days. Oh and a pretty smelling vanilla candle I already used , a "I knit" pin and needle holders. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOXYIE!

We could learn a lot from crayons:some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names,

Old 08-04-2008, 01:20 AM   #466
Foxyie
Knitting the Flap

you are very welcome!! I hope the colors of hand dyed work well with that pattern!

and this is the yarn i sent.. not the exact one i posted before.. i thought this one went much better with the theme.. i carded all of the colors i think of when i think of hummingbirds into batts and then spun it and plied it with metallic thread and added beads that reminded me of ladybugs..heh

i'm so glad you enjoy everything! have fun with it all!
Foxyie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:27 AM   #467
*KnitPixie*
Turning the Heel

Yes thats a way better picture of the handspun..it is gorgeous!

Old 08-04-2008, 11:42 AM   #468
astonh
Turning the Heel

Foxyie... Your handspun yarn is BEAUTIFUL..

KnitPixie... Can I come roll around in your beautiful teal yarn? That looks DELISH!

FO: Garter Stitch Baby Kimono, Baby Roots Cardigan, Knitted Baby Hat, Custom Adjustable Felted Guitar Strap, Flirtation Cozy, Modified Knit Coffee Sleeve, Scarf, My So-Called Scarf, Baby Converse Shoes, Balaclava, Various Dish/Wash Cloths

www.trowelanderror.blogspot.com
Oh...and I'm heajames on Ravelry
astonh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to astonh For This Useful Post:
Foxyie (08-04-2008)
Old 08-04-2008, 01:15 PM   #469
Debkcs
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,192 Posts
That teal is just beautiful,it does seem to glow, right through my old computer screen. I'd like to roll around in all those yarns for a bit, and my fingers want to pet yarn in the worst way.

"All good things and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights who cannot change."
James 1:17
Debkcs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Debkcs For This Useful Post:
Foxyie (08-04-2008)
Old 08-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #470
Sanibelle
Turning the Heel

OK Now I am getting really nervous. I mailed my package to my partner over a week ago and have not heard that she rec'd it. I hope she is just on vacation! Partner if you read this, please let me know if you have gotten your package or not.

Sanibelle is offline   Reply With Quote