Old 08-09-2008, 08:52 AM   #11
Jaxhil
Working the Gusset

Oh ~ I forgot to answer the question! LOL~yes, with certain yarns I find the Harmonies distracting-even just dark yarns. Good thing I also have the Options (and Denises!)
crystalle (08-09-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-09-2008, 08:55 AM   #12
Lisa R.
Turning the Heel

I'd say it's a matter of personal preference. I love my Harmonies, and do not find them distracting on various colorways...but other people obviously do.

You could always buy an individual pair or tips or a smaller size fixed circ and see how it works for you before buying the whole set.

I'm Knittermom9 on Ravelry
Lisa R. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa R. For This Useful Post:
crystalle (08-10-2008)
Old 08-09-2008, 10:38 AM   #13
brittyknits
Turning the Heel

Plantgoddess+ -- you might find them sturdier than you think. I have both the circs and dpns (and just ordered the straights) and have found them to be extremely strong, even though they're quite light weight. Those stripes and designs on them are not part of the coloring process-- they're strips of wood, laminated together. Now, I don't know exactly how clumsy you are . But you might try 1 set and see how it goes.
brittyknits is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brittyknits For This Useful Post:
crystalle (08-09-2008)
Old 08-09-2008, 11:06 AM   #14
Plantgoddess+
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by brittyknits View Post
Plantgoddess+ -- you might find them sturdier than you think. I have both the circs and dpns (and just ordered the straights) and have found them to be extremely strong, even though they're quite light weight. Those stripes and designs on them are not part of the coloring process-- they're strips of wood, laminated together. Now, I don't know exactly how clumsy you are . But you might try 1 set and see how it goes.
I have already broken both my size 5 tips on my Harmony interchangeables. I have a habit of putting my knitting down beside me and then I accidentally put my hand on the knitting to boost myself up to stand and I snap the needle. I have ordered replacements for both the #5 and #4 tips and repaired the broken tips. I am training myself to put my knitting in a container of some sort when I put it down. When I'm sure I'm trained I may look at the Harmony dpns again.
crystalle (08-09-2008)
Old 08-09-2008, 12:03 PM   #15
brittyknits
Turning the Heel

Let's go with Freebs' suggestion, above, and always blame it on the needles .
brittyknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:46 AM   #16
Jaxhil
Working the Gusset

LOL! good idea
Old 08-10-2008, 01:31 PM   #17
kristaj
1st Leg of the Journey

I have the Harmony set and absolutely love them. I don't even notice the colors while I'm knitting. They are very light and easy to use. I'm getting ready to give the other Options a try, but I have a feeling I'm going to stick with my Harmonies.
crystalle (08-10-2008)
Old 08-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #18
Pegasus97030
Casting On

I love my Harmony needles. I am working on fingerless mittens in which I am using two circulars rather than dp. But when I starting fooling around with the pattern I am using I didn't have two sets of the tips I needed so I am using some bamboo circs I have and the options harmony circs. I kind of like having the two circs different. I rarely forget where I left off. I did however just order an additional set of the tips (mainly because I thought I lost the ones I had .
I haven't had an issue with color (yet), but could see where I might. But I love these so much I think I can deal with it.
Just my humble opinion to add to the others.
crystalle (08-10-2008)