Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2008, 12:14 PM   #1
Crycket
Working the Gusset

Send a message via Skype™ to Crycket
Depressed Friend
Hello all

I have a friend (yes a friend, not a "friend") and she has the lowest self esteem I have ever seen on someone....

She seems to only be happy in a relationship which she systematically destroys because she is overly needy. (the old, you can't love someone fully until you love yourself deal...)

It is a vicious cycle, and I know the only way she can break it is to start loving herself...but she just seems to be sinking deeper and deeper....

The problem is, no matter how much you love your friends, there comes a time when it is too tiring to continue holding them up. The constant "you are a good person, you look great etc..." is wearing, especially when it seems to fall on deaf ears...

How do you get someone to start believing in themselves, without pulling yourself under trying to help?

Growing old is mandatory, growing UP is optional!
Crycket is offline   Reply With Quote