Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2008, 10:19 AM   #1
Marni
Knitting the Flap

FO: Mother Bears #3 & #6
This is Bear #6, Freddy Bear. He was double-knit feet up inside out up to the sweater where I switched to dpns because the yarn is self striping. Sounds weird I know, but it was faster than double-knit right side out since there's all that yarn positioning to do.

Now meet Charlie Bear. He was knit flat and seamed together. Why did I torture myself with the seaming? Because a friend of mine was talking about how relaxing she found seaming. Yah, about as relaxing as sitting on the beach during a hurricane. Anyway, I finished bears 4, 5 and 6 before I finally finished this poor guy; tells you a thing about me and seaming. He doesn't even look right Oh well.

The bears knit in the round are larger than those seamed so there's more bear for your buck. Although the ones I've completed with double knitting were done on size 2 circs and size 6 dpns for the sweater they are considerably larger than the bears totally knit in the round on size 7 dpns. The flat knit one, Charlie, is small compared to Freddy who was in the round.