Old 08-29-2008, 08:57 AM   #21
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
It says it comes on in my area...but I've been trying to keep an eye out for it and haven't seen it yet...I'll have to see if it does come on tomorrow as listed

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-29-2008, 09:25 PM   #22
Mike
Working the Gusset

If it is on it is more likely to be on one of the digital channels, mainly Create.
Most cable companies do not carry the local digital stations. So if you have cable you would have to switch between broadcast and cable.

My local isn't carrying it either. They're pretty poorly run. They've bounced Knit and Crochet Today around so much that I can't find it any more.
They've filled their Create channel with a bunch of fake cooking shows, you don't even learn to cook or get any realistic recipes, rather you get to see chefs eating.

YouTube channel
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:46 PM   #23
outdoordrea
Knitting the Flap

I don't have TV where I live, but even if I did, this show isn't on anywhere near me. I wish I could rent the DVD from Netflix, but it doesn't show up there, either. The only choice is to buy it. Not in my budget at the moment.

Knitting Escapade
outdoordrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 05:26 PM   #24
Plantgoddess+
Working the Gusset

I live in the Spokane area and I can't get it. I don't have access to cable so am on satellite and they don't carry it on the KWSU or KSPS channel the satellite company carries.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:00 PM   #25
Arielluria
Instepping Out

So I see season 1 is available on DVD for $40 (13 episodes). For those who have seen it, is it worth it? I'm always looking for good Christmas gift ideas for hubby!
A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal (Proverbs 12:10)
Adopt a pet PETFINDER.COM

Free patternns on My blog or on Ravelry:
Arielluria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:10 PM   #26
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Yahoo to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Skype™ to knitpurlgurl
I get it in the Pittsburgh area.. I actually left a comment on their website about the show. I think the experts they have are all wonderful, but they cram like 4-5 segments in the 20 minutes they have. First, they spend about 2-3 minutes explaining who is sponsoring the show.. Then, they explain what you'll see in the show (another minute or two). Then, they start with one host who introduces either the WEBS or Yarn Market rep (they're literally in EVERY show) and talks about what yarns would work for the day's topic. Then they move on to another host who shows you ANOTHER product-placed rep and a few neat looking designs. Then they spend about 3 minutes 'showing' you how to knit an entire skirt by knitting upside down(camera is facing their body, not behind them) and knitting all of one row. Then they move on to another host.. and then to the last host. Then they spend a few minutes wrapping up the show by explaining what you've seen and heard. Then they spend another couple of minutes thanking their sponsors and guests. It's very jumpy. There's no real time to teach any one method. They are so focused on getting 4 different views: knitting, crocheting, spinning/weaving, embellishing all in EVERY show, that they leave no time for the hosts to really explain any one technique adequately. Also, having the camera face them while the knit ends up showing as upside down and backward to the home viewer. This is really unhelpful to the newbie or adv. beginner knitter.

I miss Knitty Gritty. Ya, some of the designs were a bit out there. I mean, I would never knit a sushi TP cozy.. but the techniques were well taught and the knitting cam was well placed. They took you through a project start to finish. IT was more well rounded.

Okay, rant over.

"Yarn stashes insulate the house."
"Just one more skein can't hurt."
- from Knitticisms
knitpurlgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:10 AM   #27
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,750 Times in 7,120 Posts
Apparently we are finally going to get it next week! Keep checking because it does change.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:54 PM   #28
Arielluria
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by knitpurlgurl View Post
I miss Knitty Gritty. Ya, some of the designs were a bit out there. I mean, I would never knit a sushi TP cozy.. but the techniques were well taught and the knitting cam was well placed. They took you through a project start to finish. IT was more well rounded.

Okay, rant over.
Thanks, I appreciate the in-depth analysis. Doesn't sound like something I want to spend money on.

BTW, Knitty Gritty is now on HGTV Friday mornings 6:30am EST. Check it out! I was missing it too since I don't have DIY anymore. At least it's something! I started a thread on KH about this yesterday: KG on HGTV.
A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal (Proverbs 12:10)
Adopt a pet PETFINDER.COM

Free patternns on My blog or on Ravelry:
Arielluria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:19 AM   #29
Ronda
Instepping Out

Send a message via MSN to Ronda Send a message via Yahoo to Ronda
I'm not sure, but I *think* it's on my PBS station at 6 a.m. on a Sunday. I'm not up at 6 a.m. on a Sunday.