Old 09-26-2008, 09:12 AM   #1
Lindsey H
Knitting the Flap

allergy-free brownie recipe
In reading recipe threads I see that there are others who are cooking allergy-free foods so I thought I would share this recipe. I found it on Allrecipes.com. I made some modifications based on suggestions in the ratings. The first time I made these I used 3/4 cup oil and 3/4 cup applesauce. The next time I used 1/2 cup oil and 3/4 cup applesauce. I did not detect any difference and my ds4 did not either. I also reduced the sugar to 1 1/2 cups each time. Here is the link http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Brownie...ee/Detail.aspx
Ds likes these but they are messy like many other items made without gluten and eggs. (smilies courtesy of ds)

For success in science or art, a dash of autism is essential. -- Hans Asperger
Lindsey H is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lindsey H For This Useful Post:
auntcrafty (09-26-2008), Mariblue (09-30-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-26-2008, 10:00 PM   #2
auntcrafty
Knitting the Flap

You are so sweet to share this recipe! Yes, GF cooking is challenging!

"....that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love... Colossians 2:2
auntcrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:14 PM   #3
bambi
Working the Gusset

Looks intriguing. I got these two recipes off the weight watchers message boards but I haven't yet tried them:

Choc Cake Gluten Free

Chocolate Cake

1 1/2 Cups semisweet choc chips
1 can chick peas/garbanzo beans
4 eggs
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 T powder sugar

oven 350 Grease 9 inch pan. Melt choco chips in micro. Combine beans and eggs in food processer or blender until smooth. Add sugar and baking powder pulse. Add melted choco. Blend until smooth. Bake 40 mins. Dust with powder sugar. It is so good. Everyone ate it and didn't know it was chick peas. My friend can't have gluten she loved it!

1 can (15 oz) of chickpeas, rinse well
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
2 T cornstarch
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350. Spray or oil a 9" cake pan. Cut a piece of parchment (I used wax paper) to fit the bottom, place in pan, spray again.

In Processor: process well the chickpeas, eggs and vanilla until well blended and beans are finely pureed. In separate bowl mix all the dry ingredients, then add to the bean mix and process about 1 minute until completely blended.

Pour into cake pan. Bake 45 - 55 minutes, check first at 45 to see if done. Mine took 50 minutes. Cool around 10 minutes then invert onto plate, remove wax paper. Let cool well. May be topped with powdered sugar or frosting.

Easy frosting: Melt 3 oz. of good dark chocolate, then add in 2 T margarine or butter, mix well. May add little vanilla or powdered coffee. Let sit a few minutes to thicken a bit mre, then pour over the cake. To have it set hard place in fridge.

Bambi
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote