Old 09-27-2008, 10:11 PM   #11
crazykntter83
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to crazykntter83
Yeah, I'm thinking about going with knit pick options, the nickel plated ones. I got a lionbrand catalog the other day, and they said they had a set of interchanables. Anybody used them? I've heard the boye isn't really all that great, so that's deffinitely out.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-28-2008, 09:33 AM   #12
WandaT
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,479 Times in 1,441 Posts
I have a full set of KP Options and love them - I also have some random Harmony tips and love them. You can't beat the price and their customer service rocks too!

Wanda T
My Blog
My Ravelry
WandaT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WandaT For This Useful Post:
crazykntter83 (11-14-2008)
Old 09-28-2008, 10:24 AM   #13
Plantgoddess+
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by sgtpam View Post
I read something about the kp options earlier today and looked at the web-site... Knitpick nickle plated interchangeable set is on sale for $60.00 w/free shipping. I thought I read before something about people not liking the lengths of the cables that came with them. Any thoughts, I think I’m ready to buy these… I like my needles really smooth.
I have the Harmony interchangeables. It comes with 2-24" cables and 2-32" cables. I have 3 of those cable in use right now. I have also purchased separately 2-40" cables and duplicate tips in sizes 4-6 since those are the sizes I use the most. I haven't needed the 40" cables yet, the 24" and 32" do everything I need right now.
I also love the caps they give you with the set, so you can take your needle tips off and use them on another project without your UFO falling off the cable.
I continue to add to my set as I find more that I need, but I haven't for a second regretted my purchase.
crazykntter83 (11-14-2008), sgtpam (09-28-2008)
Old 09-28-2008, 10:35 AM   #14
bjhac2010
Casting On

I just got my set of KP nickel plated last week. I'm very happy with them. They're so much more cost effective than Addi's... although I so love the Addi's.
Unfortunately, both the 24 inch cables are damaged. I emailed CS yesterday morning about exchanging them, but haven't had a response as of yet. I've read so often they're CS is great, so I'm sure I'll hear from them tomorrow.
At any rate, even though I need those two cables replaced, I am happy I bought them and am very much enjoying them. They're almost as fast as my Addi's and the tips are sharper, which is a bonus to me!
bjhac2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bjhac2010 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2008, 12:12 PM   #15
BarbG
Casting On

Originally Posted by crazykntter83 View Post
I've been eying all the circular needle sets, and I'm wondering what you guys would recommend. I'm either gonna get a set for my b-day or christmas, so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
I've just begun teaching myself how to know. I have a set of the Boye interchangeables and now a set of the Knit Picks Options. I love the KP Options. There is no comparison. They are extremely smooth and I love the fact that the tips are sharp. I don't seem to have the problem of the yarn splitting as much since the tips are so pointy. I think the price is great also.
BarbG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BarbG For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2008, 07:57 AM   #16
Quietheart
1st Leg of the Journey

I wanted to love Knit Picks, I really did.
But the way I knit I push on the tip of the needle a lot to move stitches and they were just too sharp and left bruises and a lot of pain on my fingertip. So just be aware of that incase you knit that way too. I tried using bandaids a while, but that was a pain to keep reapplying everytime I plunked down to knit for a moment, and I tried to change how I knit, forget it LOL
While Addi Turbos are sharp they aren't as sharp as knit picks and I don't have the same problem. But the interchangables are going to be way out of my price range.
And I love my Denise interchangables.
I also like Susan Bates silverado circulars. These are not interchangable, but the price is so low that it's feasible to buy whatever you need. And I have found them to be really nice.

Kath
Quietheart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Quietheart For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2008, 11:15 AM   #17
Miss Kittie
1st Leg of the Journey

I my KP Options!! I have a few Harmony tips, too. They are the only needles I use.
I lied, I do use DPN when I needed....
Old 09-30-2008, 11:18 AM   #18
nadja la claire
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by heatherg23 View Post
I absolutely love the Knitpick nickle plated interchangables. It's like knitting with butter. It is so smooth and so easy with the nickle plated. I get the interchangables because if you get more than one you can switch the cable if you need a larger one or vise-vers and switch the needle sizes along with it. I love em.
Ditto I mine. They're the BEST!!!!!!!!!

Claire

My Yarn Stash is a Treasure Chest

nadja la claire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nadja la claire For This Useful Post: