Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 12:56 PM   #6481
sue in canada
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,270 Posts
Gina: Enjoy the new car. I have had the headaches for a couple of weeks now so I know what it is like. You have my sympathy.

Karina: The sleeves look great. Pretty colour

Jackie: The finger puppets are so cute.

Dustina: Sorry you have a headache too. I think mine are due to the changing air pressure also. I am always worse in spring or fall.

Christine: You certainly had a busy day. Makes me tired to think about it. I am going to another tv show taping tomorrow.

Yesterday I actually did some baking. Haven't had any success in a long time but my Apple Bread turned out well. First time trying the recipe too. I got apples from the farm last week so must use them up. Would like to make apple pies too.
I am still working on my Lucy bag but I did make a couple of hats for the Any charity hat thread. Posted pics last week.

Happy Knitting everyone.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-30-2008, 03:02 PM   #6482
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Karina, your idea sounds amazing and your CPH is SO pretty! I'm waiting to start mine until my cardigan is done.

Christine, we'll be working on them at the same time! Thanks for asking about my dad. The procedure went well and he's home! They'll check in two weeks to see if his heart STAYS beating the way it's supposed to. Hope you're doing well!

Jackie, your finger puppets are SO CUTE! What details! Do you have a pattern? My niece would LOVE to make them!

Dustina, sorry you and the kids are blah. Yuck. Hope y'all are better VERY soon!

Sue, your apple bread sounds yummy! Recipe?

So you know when you change a pattern, you hope for the best? Well, I keep hoping for the best and then having to frog and re-knit. I should just be content to follow the pattern, right?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
dustinac (10-01-2008), Karina (10-01-2008), The.Knitter (09-30-2008)
Old 09-30-2008, 09:07 PM   #6483
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Gina: I'm glad your Dad did well. I will send healing thoughts and prayers for continued progress!

It will probably be after Christmas when I start my CPH. I have finally found an acrylic yarn that I think will look nice knit up as a CPH (Mary Maxim Starlette Ragg worsted weight yarn, Colour Black Ragg). This yarn is very affordable for me so I have decided it is the one I am going to use. Also, I have been told it washes up like a 'rag'.

I have everything else ready to go. My sister has offered to buy the yarn for me for Christmas but I am not sure yet if I will ask for that or something else that is much more needed here (bed sheets as we only have one set). I can't wait to be finished this bed jacket and matching bed socks so that I can start MY CPH!

Hi everyone else

Well I have my independance back! DH's car has been fixed and we went tonight to pick it up. I have my car back and can go where I want when I want or need to. I am happy tonight!

No knitting done today, however I can tell you that when I was up at the trailer last weekend I tried on the bed socks I was going to frog. I figured if I had to frog them it would not matter if stitches fell off the needles when I tried them all the way on (I have got the cuff, leg and heel done and was starting on the foot). My sister and I wear the same size. I thought I had made a huge mistake and would have to rip them out, but after trying them on I discovered that they fit me very well and the heel does not look too big. These socks are knit with chunky yarn and I thought the heel looked huge, but once I got the sock on it looks fine! I don't have to frog the sock after all!!!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
G J (09-30-2008)
Old 09-30-2008, 09:47 PM   #6484
BobbiKnits
1st Leg of the Journey

Gina- So far, I've told everyone that I'm planning on knitting for that they will get something knitted, and they all seem pretty excited, so hopefully they appreciate it!

Oh...I had lots more to say, but I'm afraid I just had a brain fart, so I may post something tomorrow. My camera broke, so even though I've got a few projects well on their way, I can't post any pictures.

OTN: Bold & Bulky mini cardigan, rectangle tunic

My Blog
Old 09-30-2008, 09:59 PM   #6485
knitgal
Working the Gusset

Hello everyone!
Sorry I have been a little absent in the past few days. I have been working and *gasp* knitting a lot.

Josh's uncle died Saturday night. Essentially what happened was that the heart they gave him in the transplant was too good for him after years of low blood pressure and it caused a lot of strokes and aneurysms in his brain. They took him off life support Friday night and it took over 24 hours for him to die. It was hard on the family, but everyone is glad that he is now in a better place where he won't be sick.
Thank you all so much for your good wishes and prayers. It's not my own sadness that worries me, but his wife and daughter's. The funeral is saturday and I changed my work schedule to go.

Bobbi- Hope you get all that knitting done. I find knitting with a deadline stressful!

Christine- Glad you got your car back. You definitely needed it.

Sue- Mmmmm apple bread! Sounds lovely with a cup of tea.

Carey- Hope you get time to knit tonight.

Dustina- Hope you're all feeling better tomorrow. The weather makes everyone feel blahhh! I have had a headache all day too.

Karina- Love the colour of you CPH sleeves- so pretty! I love pink.

Jackie- Love the little finger puppets, they're so cute!

Julie- Lucy sleeps in my lap while I'm knitting or on the computer too. It's nice until my leg falls asleep! Hope you had a great day with the kids!

Hi Jess, Tami, Lisa, Carla, Chris and everyone else

Okay, so now for what I've been knitting. I started this yesterday and finished it this morning. It probably took about 8 hours start to finish and I LOVE it! We have very similar hats at work and I scoffed at them and said "I can make a BETTER one than that!". So here is my Spring Beret (Please excuse the self taken photos, I was home alone!). It's hard to see the pattern due to the black yarn, but check out the photos on Ravelry and it's a really pretty leaf pattern.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	SpringBeret.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	50227  Click image for larger version

Name:	SpringBeret2.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	50228  Click image for larger version

Name:	SpringBeret3.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	50229  

OTN: Corona, Miter square blanket, Charity blankets
FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to knitgal For This Useful Post:
dustinac (10-01-2008), Karina (10-01-2008), The.Knitter (09-30-2008)
Old 10-01-2008, 12:30 AM   #6486
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

That hat looks so good on you Ann. What a beautiful model for a pretty little hat!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
knitgal (10-01-2008)
Old 10-01-2008, 12:46 AM   #6487
fibrenut
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to fibrenut
Hiya kids,
Knitgal, I am so sorry to hear about your loss, we just went through that last year with my hubbies mom. She passed from cancer that matasticized into her brain and spinal chord.

In other news, WOOHOOO!!!! I finally got it done, 420 yards of fingering weight, sock yarn yumminess!!!! I promise pics coming tomorrow, gotta wait for the sun to come out n all that stuff ya know. Also gonna post pics of my mom's shawl WIP and some of my handspun goodies. I posted a new pattern on my blog for top down mittens using the sherman sock method for the tip will post pics on there as well.
I've got some yummy fiber on the way too, some merino silk blend, some alpaca merino blend and some straight up merino, yummmmmm!!! More sock yarn is on it's way. Then maybe I'll actually start knitting some actual socks

Right now on the spindle I've got some luscious tussah silk and on the wheel making some fat yarn for that cute little pattern for a bunting for our newest grand. I found the pattern for that in a new knitting mag called, "Fons & Porter's Love of Knitting"
Well enough I guess for now, I'll try to post more often. So ya'll don't think I fell off the planet or something.

knittycakebaker on ravelry
LOOK TWICE SAVE A LIFE
motorcycles are everywhere!!
Abate of Colorado
The Following User Says Thank You to fibrenut For This Useful Post:
knitgal (10-01-2008)
Old 10-01-2008, 10:23 AM   #6488
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
everyone!
Ann, love the hat.
Gina, trust the pattern-you'll be done before you know it.
Christine I haven't forgotten about the photo, promise! I took one on my cell last night & it's not good, too dark & I dont have a flash on my camera...maybe I can get one tonight at dinner? I'll have my camera then. Wont be long before you're onto your CPH.
Dustina, hope y'all feel better real soon!
Tami glad to see you posting, missed you...did you make your 'getto' wheel, or did you buy it? I wanna make one!

Carrey that's gonna be fun knitting with that. I've never knit with that kind of yarn before, the closest was the homespun or whatever from Lion Brand-didn't like that much, but it sure made a nice soft blanket.

Yesterday morning I got some homework read & so yesterday afternoon during nap time I knit a wine cozy for my Aunt that's intown through Monday, hopefully it iwll be dry today & I'll take it to her this afternoon, it's the felted wine bottle cozy from knitty. I used patons merino in blue for the base & about 15 rows up & then added in some fun fur I had on hand to make it purdy. Here's a photo of that...

Ok I forget who all I was going to reply to, sorry!
I have to get hot on a stocking cap for my for Saturday so I'll talk to y'all later!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (10-01-2008), dustinac (10-01-2008), fibrenut (10-01-2008)
Old 10-01-2008, 10:34 AM   #6489
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

That looks great Julie. Have fun today!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
cacunn (10-01-2008), jberry16 (10-01-2008)
Old 10-01-2008, 10:37 AM   #6490
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Gina, glad your dad is doing well so far! I will continue to keep him in my prayers.

Christine, yay for your car back, and yay for not having to frog the socks!

Bobbi, LOL I have brain farts all the time....

Ann, so sorry to hear about Josh's uncle. Will keep his family in my prayers as well. The hat is lovely and so are you!

Tami, Fons & Porter has a knitting mag?! I love their quilting stuff, but haven't checked out their site in a while since I've been obsessed with knitting and haven't done any quilting in a while. Can't wait to see the yarn!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
cacunn (10-01-2008), fibrenut (10-01-2008), G J (10-01-2008), knitgal (10-01-2008)
Closed Thread