View Poll Results: Where did you spend most of your knitting-related time in September?
Knitting Help 90 75.63%
Ravelry 24 20.17%
Other Forums/Blogs 5 4.20%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 04:15 PM   #31
JustAFloridaGirl
1st Leg of the Journey

KH is my homepage. In my browser I always have 3 tabs open, one is ALWAYS on the KH forum. The second tab is on a personal site that I always keep open for ease of access, and the third is the one I browse in. In that third tab, I usually go the rounds of checking my email and whatnot, and then I finally sign in to Ravelry. Meanwhile, as I'm browsing, I'm continuously checking in on KH.

I love KH because it is a more intimate setting. If I have a question, I'll ask it here.

However, I love Ravelry because of the way it lets you organize and search. I also like that a lot of groups are for "knitters who love (insert activity or craft)." For example, I belong to a group for knitters or crocheters who love to cook.
ArtLady1981 (10-10-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-10-2008, 04:23 PM   #32
cdjack
Turning the Heel

I love KH!

I use Rav as a resource, but that's about it. The forums are overwhelming and a few are down right scary.

I check in here several times a day, where as I check Ravelry maybe two times a week.

Courtney
The Following User Says Thank You to cdjack For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (10-10-2008)
Old 10-10-2008, 06:01 PM   #33
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
Thanks to all who shared their feedback with us! We really appreciate your comments! Keep them coming! The Poll is open til Oct 31!

I am reading every comment, and giving your MY THANKS for taking the time to post!

I won't have internet access Oct 13-18. Will be in the mountains with DH, tending camp while he hunts. I knit and cook, that's it! Oh, and I keep DH warm at night in 20 degree weather! Brrrrr.

Artlady at Rav
Old 10-10-2008, 06:12 PM   #34
Wanda Witch
Turning the Heel

I probably check out KH several times a day. I only go to Ravelry when I might want information on a pattern or a particular type yarn to see what and how others perceived it while knitting, etc., but that is all. This site is so friendly, little if any controversary, just a great place to be. I appreciate the fact if you have a question someone will be there to give advice and I really love seeing the finished work of those I feel like I already know.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wanda Witch For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (10-10-2008)
Old 10-10-2008, 06:14 PM   #35
beldaraan
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post
I won't have internet access Oct 13-18. Will be in the mountains with DH, tending camp while he hunts. I knit and cook, that's it! Oh, and I keep DH warm at night in -7 degree weather! Rrrrrrawr!!!.
Fixed

lol, have fun. I haven't camped in ages and I've always loved it. I think DH has a love/hate relationship with camping, but he always seems to hate it when I bring it up as something we should do for fun.
ArtLady1981 (10-10-2008)
Old 10-10-2008, 06:50 PM   #36
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
Originally Posted by beldaraan View Post
Fixed

lol, have fun. I haven't camped in ages and I've always loved it. I think DH has a love/hate relationship with camping, but he always seems to hate it when I bring it up as something we should do for fun.

Artlady at Rav
Old 10-10-2008, 08:09 PM   #37
cristina61
Knitting the Flap

I love the atmosphere here on KH and I check in here regularly . . . but I also spend a lot of time on Ravelry, and that's usually the first place I visit when I get up in the morning and look at my computer.

I'm not very active on the forums there, but I enjoy reading them; there's all sorts of great information there, some knitting related and some not. I know there can be controversial stuff there; I tend to avoid that. But I don't feel overwhelmed by the forums because it's easy for me to pick and choose what I want to read.

When I first decided to join Ravelry (and I waited a long time, believe me) I was certain I would only use it to look up patterns and yarn information. I had ZERO interest in joining groups and chatting on the forums, and I didn't care to use Ravelry to organize my stash.

Then I discovered how much fun it was to photograph my yarn and enter it in my Ravelry notebook. I've joined a few groups, but I'm not much of a chatterbox. I have used the ISO/Destashing group to buy, sell, and trade yarn -- that's a lot of fun!

But I agree that Ravelry and KH are two very different places. I think that when Ravelry was still small people hoped/believed the atmosphere there would stay purely warm and friendly -- the way it is here on our KH forum. Too bad, that hasn't been the case. So it's wonderful to have a place like this as a knitting refuge. Most of the time you'll get nothing but friendly responses to your questions on Ravelry . . . but on KH you can be absolutely sure no one is going to bite your head off!

cristina61 on

** My poor neglected blog is here

RIP Gabby (9/12/2009) -- I miss you SO much. We'll never forget what a sweet girl you were!

The Following User Says Thank You to cristina61 For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (10-10-2008)
Old 10-11-2008, 12:14 AM   #38
redheadrachel
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to redheadrachel
It used to be KH all the time, all day long. Now it's Ravelry all the time. I really should do a better job of utilizing both, but I think I am a Rav girl... it's just really cool.

It's kinda like apples to oranges, I can't say I could pick one that I prefer over the other. Just, Ravelry is really useful to me. This feels more like a community, and Rav is more like an all-in-one convenience place

"An excellent woman, who can find? She is far more precious than jewels . . . She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands." - Proverbs 31:10;13
I'm a knitter for Jesus!
The Following User Says Thank You to redheadrachel For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (10-11-2008)
Old 10-11-2008, 06:38 AM   #39
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Yahoo to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Skype™ to knitpurlgurl
Originally Posted by redheadrachel View Post
It used to be KH all the time, all day long. Now it's Ravelry all the time. I really should do a better job of utilizing both, but I think I am a Rav girl... it's just really cool.

It's kinda like apples to oranges, I can't say I could pick one that I prefer over the other. Just, Ravelry is really useful to me. This feels more like a community, and Rav is more like an all-in-one convenience place
I agree.. apples and oranges. I LOVE the KH community for the true community feel it has. It's not impersonal, vast, and overwhelming. It has so many wonderful resources that KH is indispensable to me. But I love Ravelry for the patterns, the notebook feature.. I wouldn't be able to choose one over another because I love them both for completely different reasons. And I am glad that they are very different.

"Yarn stashes insulate the house."
"Just one more skein can't hurt."
- from Knitticisms
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knitpurlgurl For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (10-11-2008), redheadrachel (10-13-2008)
Old 10-11-2008, 06:50 AM   #40
RuthieinMaryland
Turning the Heel

Location: I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland - GREAT steamed crab country! :o)
KH #1 for me!
Hi!

Since I found KH first, I tend to be most comfortable here. It's of INVALUABLE help when I need to learn a new stitch or ask a question or just hang out with wonderful people!

I'm on KH a couple of times a day. This place is so FRIENDLY, and all of you are so HELPFUL!

I joined Ravelry but it seems so vast - I'm still exploring the various sections and how they work. It's been very helpful to me in looking up patterns and I've enjoyed some of the threads I've read.

But KH has my heart!

Ruthie
The Following User Says Thank You to RuthieinMaryland For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (10-11-2008)
Closed Thread