View Poll Results: Where did you spend most of your knitting-related time in September?
Knitting Help 90 75.63%
Ravelry 24 20.17%
Other Forums/Blogs 5 4.20%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 10:59 AM   #41
Lucy78green
Turning the Heel

Send a message via ICQ to Lucy78green Send a message via MSN to Lucy78green
In my Firefox tabs I have both KH and Ravelry, and I open all tabs when I turn the computer on and flick between the two. However, once I've checked all the forums, at the minute I find there are more time wasting opportunites on Ravelry such as making up random things to look for in the pattern search, see what else everyone is making with the yarn you've stashed etc. Also some of the forums I am in there are geographically closer to me than most of you guys so I can get good local info there too! I still check both repeatedly when I'm online...

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-11-2008, 11:01 AM   #42
Ginnyb
Knitting the Flap

I go here to KH first thing. I haven't been on here as much lately, but I love it and miss it when I am not checking in..

Ginny
The Following User Says Thank You to Ginnyb For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (10-11-2008)
Old 10-11-2008, 04:19 PM   #43
jodstr2
Instepping Out

evenly split btwn here and ravelry. I don't post here much but I read a lot of stuff.

on needles:
Noro Striped Scarf
Lacy Ribbed Socks
Monkey 8

jodstr2
The Following User Says Thank You to jodstr2 For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (10-11-2008)
Old 10-12-2008, 05:23 PM   #44
tokmom
Turning the Heel

People are friendly here and very patient.
I feel like my posts don't get lost.

future plans: Afghan, baby blanket and a cabled...something ;hats and mittens to follow for kids.

Tokmom on Raverly
The Following User Says Thank You to tokmom For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (10-12-2008)
Old 10-12-2008, 11:01 PM   #45
marlajap
1st Leg of the Journey

I'm almost embarrassed to say that I haven't spent as much time here since I joined Ravelry and discovered the forums there. Although the many different forums can seem a bit impersonal at first, I have found such amazing resources that are important to me. I'm especially fond of the Sheepless forum, for instance, Karma Yarn Swap (which is a bit addictive), and the localized forums for my area, among others.

Still, even though I spend a whale of a lot (too much) of time on Rav, I still wind up coming back here every little while just to catch up on the posts. :D
blogging at http://knitvspurl.wordpress.com
The Following User Says Thank You to marlajap For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (10-12-2008)
Old 10-13-2008, 12:34 AM   #46
miss_molly
1st Leg of the Journey

I guess any such poll held on the Knitting Help site will put this site at the top, because Knitting Help is where people go for... help! ... and for the forums. Its an entirely different sort of site from Ravelry and a lot of the people who would vote Ravelry are probably there instead of here.

I voted Ravelry for a few reasons:
1. I don't seek help so much as inspiration, and Ravelry is amazing for the inspiration it provides.
2. I keep records of my projects on Ravelry.
3. I enjoy marvelling at what others have created and discovering new patterns and ideas.
4. I research yarn and patterns on Ravelry.
5. I've bought yarn from people's stashes on Ravelry, which is wonderful for me here in Australia - to be able to obtain yarn that isn't available here, and in the process have a friendly chat with someone far away.

The forums are better on Knitting Help, but forums were never a huge attraction for me even before Ravelry. I do browse them selectively though, and have received some excellent help here.

I tend to often shy away from the Knitting Help site because it is so darn SLOW! I get frustrated waiting for new pages to load and links to work. Actually, today is the first time I've been on Knitting Help for weeks as I've been overseas, and it does seem to be faster, so hopefully there has been a miracle worked in my absence and from now on it won't be as sluggish a site.

Whilst away, I was able to access the Net for limited periods, and Ravelry was the one site I automatically HAD to go to.

sofiecat
The Following User Says Thank You to miss_molly For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (10-19-2008)
Old 10-13-2008, 11:22 AM   #47
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

I barely check ravelry these days, that said i didn't check KH very much last month. I haven't done much knitting lately, got Uni stuff going on and knitting has taken a back seat to assignments - which i should get back to now that i've checked in. Final year, no end to the work.

The Following User Says Thank You to rachejm For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (10-19-2008)
Old 10-13-2008, 11:40 AM   #48
Denise in Michigan
Turning the Heel

I agree 100% with Hildy!
ArtLady1981 (10-19-2008)
Old 10-13-2008, 01:20 PM   #49
MAmaDawn
Working the Gusset

Over all I know I was here more... there may have been days that I was there more, but it was things like updating my patterns, yarns, etc... I do post there some... but I prefer here

Wife to GooB; Mom to Tori (7) and Belle (4) Jeremiah (2)

MamaDawn there too
My Little Shop
The Following User Says Thank You to MAmaDawn For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (10-19-2008)
Old 10-13-2008, 01:28 PM   #50
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,779 Times in 7,145 Posts
I voted KH of course after all I am a mod and wouldn't be of much help here if I spent too much time on Rav.

However, in reading the posts I think maybe the poll could have been more specific. Maybe not so much where you spend your time, but where do you most participate. I spend a lot of time Ravelry, but the majority of it is browsing patterns, yarns, etc. While I have posted in a few forums there 99% of my participation is here. This feels like home to me and Rav is a place I visit.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (10-19-2008)
Closed Thread