Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2008, 04:37 PM   #1
CountryNaturals
Knitting the Flap

Crochet Borders for Knitting Projects
I've been working on a bulky throw in garter stitch. The knitting came out great, but when I started crocheting the border, it stretched out my knitting along the sides. I was putting the crochet hook along the edge, between the "bumps" which seemed logical to me, but it wasn't working. Since I was using large needles and bulky yarn, it was easy to see my stitches, so I tried slipping the crochet hook into the top of my knit stitches, which did NOT seem right, but I was desperate. IT WORKED PERFECTLY! The springy/stretchy effect that I wanted and already had with the knitted part, is still intact with my single-crochet border. Doing it this way did create a right and wrong side to my work, since the border is now slightly on top rather than being perfectly on the edge, but my work still has the shape I entended, which is well worth the trade off.
CountryNaturals is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CountryNaturals For This Useful Post:
PamJ (10-20-2008)