Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 10:32 PM   #6781
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Thanks Bobbi, nice to know others are having problems too. However I still think it's a bunch of crap that we're in America, taking classes in American colleges & we still feel like we need a translator to understand 'their' English! O dont get me started...
stepping off soap box now before it grows bigger.

Jackie I'm almost done with the raglan increases, 2 rows left then I'm onto the 7 rows on the back & the sleeves, 4" or so & the the ribbing all around...I'm too tired tonight to do anything...ready for bed now actually. But wanted to jump on here real quick for one last time.

O what a day...Mom said to just lay low for a while & "we'll have to talk to her later" so I'm staying out of it...though I did email her lots of pretty cake pics that a bakery could do for her, because lets face it I'm no where near that experienced...Tami is!
Tami, o Tami??? whatcha doin? are you lost in fiber heaven?

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-20-2008, 10:44 PM   #6782
sue in canada
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,270 Posts
Good Evening All.

Dustina: Great looking socks

Julie: Cute family pictures. It will be hard to get out of your sister's wedding party but just tell her up front that you cannot buy an expensive dress. Such a waste to be worn for a few hours.

Carey: Your girls look cute with the painted faces.

Christine: Your costumes look fantastic.

Lieke: Glad you have your sock knitting mojo back. I need inspiration for that too.

Jackie and Bobbiknits: I have made those cards for my friends that knit and have given them to swap partners. They are made with scrapbook papers and the knitting is done on small needles and transferred to toothpicks.. Thanks for the compliments. I make all my cards now, never buy from a store.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:22 AM   #6783
fibrenut
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to fibrenut
Hiya peeps,

Yeah, I've been busy spinning my life away. I'm out of fibre til my next shipment arrives so I'm (drum roll please).........knitting sox. Yep, yep yep, knitting up some sox I started before all this spinning stuff began. LOL Got the first one done and halfway through the next one.
How's yer spinning coming along Julie? That first skein (the one on your avatar) is just gorgeous. Have you knit anything with it yet? I knitted a pair of mittens with some of mine. The pattern n some pics of it are on my blog. I borrowed from the Sherman sock pattern for the tip as they are top down n not cuff up. Here's a pic of em.
I got a new job which I am just loving. (My boss is such a fun person). I work in a Cajun restaurant either bartending, waiting tables or helping in the kitchen. It's great fun.
Well, back to browsing topics n knitting sox.
Luv ya guys!!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	blue merino mittens.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	50523  

knittycakebaker on ravelry
LOOK TWICE SAVE A LIFE
motorcycles are everywhere!!
Abate of Colorado
The Following User Says Thank You to fibrenut For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (10-21-2008)
Old 10-21-2008, 07:45 AM   #6784
Lieke
Working the Gusset

Julie, I agree with Gina. I think your sister can't make you spend money you don't have.

Originally Posted by Jackie Lim View Post

Lieke - Glad that you have found yours. Where has my mojo gone to It must have taken a long vacation somewhere somewhere...
Well, mine took a 2 month long vacation, so don't worry. Yours will come back as mine did.

My first sock is almost done...but then the train arrived, so I didn't have time to finish it. Now I think of it, I think I lost my mojo when I stopped traveling that much. Now, I have to travel a lot again and it makes me want to knit again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lieke For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (10-21-2008)
Old 10-21-2008, 09:30 AM   #6785
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Christine - you are going as a wench - I read the post quickly and thought you were going as a wrench. I just could figure out how you were going to get a spanner costume.

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (10-21-2008)
Old 10-21-2008, 09:39 AM   #6786
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Christine, you and DH look great!

Julie, I totally agree with you on the language thing. My calculus teacher in college was middle eastern and I couldn't understand a thing he said... I got an A in calc in high school, and a D+ in college. :( Anyway, good luck! As for the wedding- it's good your mom seems to agree with you on the dress thing. I don't think I'd back out, but just make it clear (as you already did) that you can't spend that kind of money. It's her wedding- if she wants you in it and wants you wearing that dress, she'll have to find a way to finance it. Also- considering you're in it, your children are in it, and you may be making the cake and/or taking photos- I'd say you have met your quota of wedding gifts already! Don't feel obligated to spend even more money buying shower and wedding gifts.

Lieke, YAY for sock mojo!

Jackie, I'm sure yours will be back soon, too.

Gina, maybe Emmalyn will be the one to get him to stop smoking!

Tami, those mittens are gorgeous!

Hi everyone else! Sorry, I know I missed responding to someone...

The girls and I are going to the dentist this afternoon, so hopefully I'll get some knitting done while I'm waiting. I've got SO many errands I need to run this week, hopefully I can get one or two of them done this afternoon after the dentist appointments. I need to go vote!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
fibrenut (10-21-2008), jberry16 (10-21-2008), Lieke (10-21-2008), The.Knitter (10-21-2008)
Old 10-21-2008, 10:21 AM   #6787
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters!!

Sue~ I love those cards do you use a book?

Tami~Great mittens!! So you don't make the lovely doughnuts anymore? I'm glad you like your new job!!

Julie~I would prolly tell if it's 200.00 you are going to have to get it for me if you want me in your wedding...if not then I'm sorry to say I prolly can't be in it with raising a family right now it's just impossible for me to do that.

Christine~Great outfits!! The boots look great with it

Jackie~I hope your knitting mojo comes back soon

Lieke~Glad your mojo is returning

Steve~aww I hate that for your wife...I hope she feels better soon!!

Gina~How far are you into the fronts? I'd prolly leave, your prolly the only one that will notice (unless it bugs you then frog back 'cause you will wish you had)

Carey~I hope you get some knitting time today

Hi everyone!!

I know I'm missing alot this moring but I'm just frustrated today. I've been having issues with Isaiah being bullied at school.

He started acting out here at home which is not him and he told me a few were picking on him in the class room, then I found out from another mom that it was really at recess and by another boy...he was being pushed against the fence, kneeing them in the privates, and other stuff.

So I asked Isaiah when he came home and he just broke down and cried and cried...so I contacted the teacher told her what was going on and where on the playground. She told me that area was hard to supervise (which didn't settle with me 'cause why have the tires if you can't watch them)...so I then sent a note to her and the principal...we told Isaiah to take a stand for himself...well last week he had enough and hit the boy in the stomach...he didn't get in trouble at school 'cause no one seen it of course!

Anyways Isaiah has been telling me it's ok now, mommy...(although he told me this before and I found out it wasn't his reply well I thought it was my problem to handle on my own)...so this morning I talk to a mom who's son is being bullied the same way Isaiah is. She told me her child woke up with a stomach ache this morning and not wanting to go to school. He then started to cry so his mom knew something else was going on and found out that yesterday was a really bad day for them at recess...of course when I asked Isaiah yesterday he said it went ok...

I'm sooo upset what else am I suppose to do? I could see this maybe if they were older kids and a lot of kids at one time...but it's 7 and 8 year olds...I expect my kids to be watched after on the playground ya know? I mean if a kid doesn't want to go to school 'cause of recess something is wrong! I'm so mad...I was going to go down there this morning and talk to the principal but figured I better calm down first.

I'm going to go down and sit in my car during recess and see what the parents are doing that have recess duty and the teachers...then I'm going to the principal again...if that doesn't work I guess I go to the board of ed? I have no clue just don't understand why someone isn't in the corner with the tires watching or they take the tires out! (Isaiah has been told to stay away from the tires but yesterday 2 boys drug him back there so the other boy could handle him)

I'm also going to see if the n'bor up the road would watch Roo for me so I can do recess duty...I had asked early but was told couldn't bring Roo...well I hate to leave her with anyone ya know? but I think I need to be there a few days

whew sorry for the rant I just feel like I don't know what to do right now with that situation...on knitting news I finished by block so now I can knit what I want guilt free

I hope you all have a great day of knitting

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
fibrenut (10-21-2008), jberry16 (10-21-2008), Lieke (10-21-2008), The.Knitter (10-21-2008)
Old 10-21-2008, 10:34 AM   #6788
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Dustina: So sorry for your son, bullying is not nice. I would also try to talk to the Mom of the kid doing the bullying and see if that helps? Here in Canada they have zero tolerance for that kind of stuff, but it still happens anyways.

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
dustinac (10-21-2008)
Old 10-21-2008, 10:44 AM   #6789
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Dustina, that's TERRIBLE! That is absolutely not acceptable, and at age 7 or 8 the school should NOT be saying it is your son's responsibility to handle himself. I would go watch myself so I would have first-hand knowledge of the situation, then I would go to the principal's office and not leave until something was done. Then I would make SURE that it really happens. And if not, I would file suit. I am NOT a litigious person, but this is your son's health, both mental and physical, and the school is apparently not upholding their responsibility. If you allowed that to happen in your home, your child would be taken away. There is NO way it should be allowed in school.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following User Says Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
dustinac (10-21-2008)
Old 10-21-2008, 10:47 AM   #6790
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Dustina: if you go to watch, take a camera and catch them in the act of violence. It sounds like it's more than one child though. You mean those beasts actually dragged him through the playground to where the tires are so the other one could beat him? AND no teacher or volunteer noticed that? DISGUSTING!!! It's time for major action!!!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
dustinac (10-21-2008)
Closed Thread