Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 12:29 AM   #7401
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

Hey Everybody
I've not been around in a while, hope everyone is doing well. Sorry everyone is sick, Julie!
I want to share the links to newest sock designs that I just posted on my design blog.
Here ya go:
A Touch of Whimsy Socks (cuff down, picot edge, lace/cable cuff design, folded cuff, short row heel, St. st foot). A fun knit!
A Touch of Whimsy Socks version two (cuff down, long leg, lace/cable leg/instep design, heel flap/gusset construction). Similar pattern, different sock construction - fun, fun!
A Lotta Whimsy Socks aka A Touch of Whimsy Socks Version 3 (toe up, short row heel construction. Different design on front and back-lace and cables all around). One of my fave socks so far.
And.....
Rhythm Man Socks that I designed for my honey, Lonnie - he so loves his handknit socks and I'm way happy to knit them (toe up/short row heel/slipped st. design) fun, quick knit for the man in your life

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!!

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rebecca For This Useful Post:
Abbily (11-28-2008), cacunn (11-27-2008), jberry16 (11-27-2008), Karina (11-27-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-27-2008, 07:39 AM   #7402
Karina
Working the Gusset

I hope everybody in the US have a happy and healthy thanks giving.

Everybody is taking turns to be sick here at the moment and at the moment it is my turn. I am sure I will be back to normal in a couple of days.

Emily your quilt is so amazing, puts a smile on my face every time I think of it. just love happy bright colours.

Christine hope you feel better soon. Boots is so cute in his Christmas outfit.

Dustina sending you big hugs. hopefully your cat will smell the turkey and come running home.

Gina Glad your DH made it through his surgery and is feeling better. Make sure everybody pitches in with the clearing up, if you are doing all the cooking.

Julie glad the kids are feeling better. Only a few more weeks of studying, I am sure you will do really well.

Rebacca your socks are lovely. I love the little picot edging detail. Thanks for sharing.

I had such a lot of things to say to you all but it has all gone out of my head.

the computer I am using at the moment is nearly 10 years old. Although only the case is actually that old, My DH upgrades it every couple of years. he belongs to the AV Forum UK and most of the gear comes from there second hand. very cheap. most of the stuff we have for the home cinema comes from there. I know there is a US AV Forum. WE have found it well worth it. We hardly every buy new blu-rays anymore, we usually trade. you will not believe how many people go out and buy the latest films and then trade them on once they have watched them once or twice for a lot less than what they are new.

We don't celebrate thanks giving here in the UK. But I am thankful for having you all here to talk to and share my knitting with. I have not been posting a lot lately but I am always reading and love to hear what you all are up to.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:28 AM   #7403
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Hi everyone!

Thank you for all the kind words...he still hasn't returned. I haven't been on the computer much with him coming up missing & the stress of family this year (wanting us home for the holiday)...I've just kinda been blahh feeling. I haven't even been really knitting, since he was knitting buddy.

I wanted to come on today and let you all know that I'm thinking of you all and I'm so thankful for the friendships here. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. It looks like we may go in tomorrow (wv) so I might not be back on till Sunday. I decided to give in when Gideon did come up missing I figured maybe that would get my mind off of things...instead of sitting up here crying at the drop of a hat. I have really surprised myself with my reaction and I think JD is really shocked first time I've cried this much ummm EVER

I'm still holding onto hope that Gideon is somewhere and will be home soon. I've been door to door on a couple of streets, it's still be played on the radio, been the shelter past 2 days to make sure, the vet's office knows, and any other way I can get it out I have. Just seems so odd that no one has seen anything...

Thank you all again and I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
G J (11-27-2008)
Old 11-27-2008, 09:46 AM   #7404
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Dustina do you think someone took him & isn't saying anything? Did he have a microchip or collar on or anything like that? I hope he comes home. have you set food out for him?
Lucky is microchiped, did that the first day we learned he didn't belong anywhere; he has a collar too, though he doesn't go out, not allowed to.
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
dustinac (11-28-2008)
Old 11-27-2008, 10:32 AM   #7405
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Dustina: Hugs to you Hon. I hope Gideon comes home soon!!!

Try putting up posters in all the local stores and the laundromats too! Put posters on the hydro poles as well. If someone sees them perhaps they will know where he is and call you or bring him home!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
dustinac (11-28-2008)
Old 11-27-2008, 01:31 PM   #7406
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Dustina I hope your buddies comes home soon.

DSWMBO&A is down with it coming out of both ends. We were going to have everyone over to our house for dinner. However, didn't want DSWMBA around the new cousin (3 months) and her little brother.

May all your turkeys be juicy (US) and may everyone have a fine day.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
Abbily (11-28-2008), dustinac (11-28-2008)
Old 11-27-2008, 01:39 PM   #7407
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

Happy Thanksgiving all!
Enjoy your feasts, but don't forget to save room for all the Christmas parties coming up.

To jump on the seeming bandwagon, dad gave me his lovely cold. I wish he had just given me his Mac instead.

"Beautiful yarn speaks to the soul of a knitter." - Shandeh

"The Swatch is good. The Swatch is wise. Listen to the Swatch." - Sandi Wiseheart

Old 11-27-2008, 02:01 PM   #7408
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Dustina, I'm so sorry that Gideon hasn't come back yet. WE'll keep praying that he does. Christine's ideas of posters at the laundromats and places like that are good!

Karina, I've already decided that I'm not doing dishes. THankfully, DH has done some already, so the turkey is in the oven and the kitchen clean at the moment.

Chris, what a bummer that your DW is sick! Does this mean you do the cooking?

Violet, at least your dad shares! THere's hope for the computer yet!

I'm looking for patterns for MIL. I told her I'd knit her a sweater if she bought the yarn and pattern and I approved of it! She's VERY short-waisted and wide-hipped, so I'm trying to find something that flatters her face. She wants a cardigan with a round or V-neck with no collar and long sleeves. I'm searching the 256 pages that Ravelry has. Anyone have a good pattern that she might like?

Happy THanksgiving! I can smell the turkey roasting. Soon the sweet potato casserole will go into the oven....I'm hungry! I'm thankful, too! Thanks for being such wonderful friends!
The Following User Says Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
dustinac (11-28-2008)
Old 11-27-2008, 03:54 PM   #7409
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by G J View Post

Chris, what a bummer that your DW is sick! Does this mean you do the cooking?

Yes - But we took all the food for Thanksgiving to Anna's cousin and they are cooking there. However, I was preparing the turkey for brineing and would have been in charge of it. Because of the size of the group much of the food was pre-prepared.

We have always shared kitchen duties.

maybe it was my cooking that made her sick? I guess she will have to do all of it from now on.

Last edited by cacunn : 11-27-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:38 PM   #7410
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

Dad's leaving now to pick up our Thanksgiving dinner from the Barrel (that's Cracker Barrel for those of you not in the know ) - but not before he came to give me an update on my laptop. I left it with him last night and he did all sorts of who knows what on it. Looks like those Apple classes are coming in handy - even on my Compaq. Now there are only 5 things on my desktop. I can actually run itunes again!!!!! It's taking a minute or two to come up, but that sure beats the mess out of getting that lovely message that says there isn't enough memory to run the program.
Hmmm. Maybe old school just became cool again. At least until I get that Mac Book.

"Beautiful yarn speaks to the soul of a knitter." - Shandeh

"The Swatch is good. The Swatch is wise. Listen to the Swatch." - Sandi Wiseheart

Closed Thread