Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 10:29 AM   #7411
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Originally Posted by Lady Violet View Post
Happy Thanksgiving all!
To jump on the seeming bandwagon, dad gave me his lovely cold. I wish he had just given me his Mac instead.
hate to tell you (though you prolly already know, since you're smart) that you got your dad's cold by playing on his germy keyboard/computer.

Keep us posted Dustina...

Anyone do any 'black friday' shopping? Not me, didn't sleep well last night, too tired maybe? or maybe the 'decaf' tea wasn't really decaf? Anyway it's gonna be a pretty & cold day here today so I'll load the pics I took (didn't go too crazy) on the blog in a few then eat breakfast & then clean the house. Tomorrow Mom is taking me to lunch (not sure why) I'm excited b/c we've never done that-at least that I remember. Just the 2 of us! I know we're going for sushi, never had that either. Any suggestions of what's good or to stay away from? I know she'll help me since she loves it, but htought I'd get y'alls feed back too.

Happy everyone! Only 27 days till Christmas!
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
dustinac (11-28-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-28-2008, 12:21 PM   #7412
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

I'm working tonight, but fortunately no shopping this year.
Dustina, hope you find your kitty!
Julie, sushi is awesome. I'm a fan of squid and octopus, although the octo isn't as good in the midwest. If you're not so adventurous, crab salad rolls, california rolls, and tuna salad rolls all have cooked fish products. For the very adventurous, there's usually some that have roe... or try the squid or octo (I think I heard the octo has to be cooked in the US). I find the raw salmon to be rather bland. Other than that, if it looks good, try it! That's how I found out the squid is so good. I saw it going around on the bar, and thought, "That looks good" but I'd had raw squid (not on sushi) before and not really liked it... eventually I tried it and loved it!
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
Old 11-28-2008, 01:53 PM   #7413
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanks Jess I'll keep that in mind, & fill y'all in tomorrow!

Well since I was up early this morning, not to shop, but because Katie was wide awake at 5:30ish. I cleaned the kitchen up at 6, then started some laundry, then swept & moped the floors, then vacuumed the living room. Then I took a shower & bathed all kids. Now I'm tired & ready for nap time.

Ladies and OT QOTD: Do you like Victorias Secret bras? There's one style I like, that I bought a LONG time ago & they dont carry it anymore, and now all the bras seem to be $40+ ouch. Just curious where you buy yours. If you dont wanna say on here I understand, you can pm me if you'd rather.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:23 PM   #7414
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by jberry16 View Post
hate to tell you (though you prolly already know, since you're smart) that you got your dad's cold by playing on his germy keyboard/computer.
If that's the case, it might actually be worth it.
He got me a portable hard drive this morning as an early Christmas present. I'm transferring all my photos now. When I first started, it said it was going to take 43 minutes. Haven't looked at it since then. I'm too busy "checking my email" on the Mac. On top of all that, he said I had to be well enough on Sunday at 2 to go to an Apple workshop. I'm putting together a photobook for my brother on Okinawa for Christmas using iphoto so this is perfect. Wow. He really does catch on! I love that man.

QOTD: Sign up for emails, or go in and buy something cheap and give them your email. I've gotten I don't know how many coupons lately, but it's quite a few. You also get them in your mailbox. Free cotton undies and $10 off (usually) the bra of your choice. It always cracks me up because my mom is the one with the VS credit card and I'm the one who gets all the coupons.

p.s. I'm down to 23 minutes now. YAY!

"Beautiful yarn speaks to the soul of a knitter." - Shandeh

"The Swatch is good. The Swatch is wise. Listen to the Swatch." - Sandi Wiseheart

The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Violet For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (11-28-2008)
Old 11-28-2008, 03:07 PM   #7415
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
He is HOME!! JD went outside today and was walking back up the driveway and there he sat on the porch and he is FINE!! Just a little hungry and tired. I have no clue where he has been but he smells like a wood burning stove. We live out to ourselves int he woods but the people around us on up the street all knew we had him and he went out to do his business. I had stuff everywhere about him so I have no clue...I really think someone had him and he got away today? or they figured out they better since I've been bothering everyone for 4 days! but he is home and now I gotta go do a blog post and pack up the car... I'll catch up later gaters

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
cacunn (11-28-2008)
Old 11-28-2008, 03:14 PM   #7416
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

YAY DUSTINA AND GIDEON!!!!!!!! I know you are so happy and relieved, and we're all right there with you. It's a world-wide welcome home party!

"The Swatch is good. The Swatch is wise. Listen to the Swatch." - Sandi Wiseheart

The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Violet For This Useful Post:
dustinac (11-28-2008)
Old 11-28-2008, 03:17 PM   #7417
jberry16
Instepping Out

Yea Dustina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad he's home! I think someone took him in too. So glad he's back. I'd have been sick too.
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
dustinac (11-28-2008)
Old 11-28-2008, 04:44 PM   #7418
sue in canada
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,270 Posts
So happy he is back home Dustina.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:23 PM   #7419
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

Old 11-28-2008, 07:34 PM   #7420
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by Lady Violet View Post
Beware if you are down wind of a piper.

Closed Thread