Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 01:56 PM   #7431
lizardknits
1st Leg of the Journey

Hi guys,
can I join?
I want to try my first pair of socks in a month using silver's sock class
(im currently too busy with finals and studying to wOrk on much else besides the commisioned project that I am making for an early christmas present .... my cousin and his wife are due with their first child on December 20th )
I got some superwash wool (Jojoland Melody) from an RAK, but I need another skein of it so I can make two socks. I think I might get the other skein when I visit a friends house for a party cuz her house is by a place that sells the yarn. ...

otn- a beautiful turquoise blanket in moss stitch (for previously mentioned cousin's coming second child, due late july 2012)
FO- a few hats in the round(just taught myself to join without twisting)
to try next- an entrelac blanket with yarn someone gave my mom
something else fun- making a blanket in the round

Last edited by lizardknits : 11-29-2008 at 01:57 PM. Reason: i cant spell

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-29-2008, 04:37 PM   #7432
knit2btied
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to knit2btied
Hi Lizardknits! Welcome to sock-world!

Happy knitting!

Old 11-29-2008, 05:12 PM   #7433
Lieke
Working the Gusset

Dustina, I was so sorry to hear your cat was lost, but I'm really happy he is BACK

QOTD: Well, I think it doesn't matter for any of you, but I always buy my bra's at hunkemuller. They're about 20 euro's, so not to bad.

Lady Violet: :c hair: That one is so funny, thank you for the laugh!

Gina, that's just %^&$$%%. You should take the new version of firefox. You can safe the tab's you've opened when you close the browser. That way, it'll never get lost again.

Lizardknits, welcome to this KAL! You're always free to drop by if you need advise, there's always someone who can help.

Well, tonight will be a LONG night for me. I'm just checking here because I want to stay awake. Here in the Netherlands is a comic, who has been on TV for 25 years and he's having a marathon-show. It's from 8.30 PM untill 8.30 AM tomorrow morning. Since I really like his shows, I'm determined to watch as much as possible. I'm sure I'll never never ever make it untill 8.30 AM, but I'm going to see how long I'll manage to stay awake. My knitting will help me to stay awake. By the way, I'm half watching him at the moment as well.

I'm going to knit tonight: Laminaria, Avast and maybe some socks. I'm still working on my anklets, but I ran out of yarn, so I'll frog the heel in the first sock and knit it in another color heel in both socks. I don't feel like frogging, but I really have to. I'm also working on some stockinette stitch socks (for relaxing in the train) in Panda cotton from Chrystal Palace. The yarn for Laminaria and the Panda cotton socks are from the Kit 'n Kaboodle swap. I'll try to make pictures soon (maybe later tonight). Well, I'm going to watch again. Happy knitting al and maybe untill later this evening.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lieke For This Useful Post:
dustinac (11-30-2008)
Old 11-29-2008, 09:13 PM   #7434
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Hi Socksters,
Not much knitting for me today. I spent an hour on the phone with my niece last night, though. She's my knitting guru and she helped me fix a mistake on my Hey Teach four rows back. She's only 14, but she is SO good at figuring out how to fix mistakes and she can even help me over the phone. So I was saved frogging. I should have called her last time when I had to frog 14 rows!

Instead of knitting, I went shopping with MIL and DD. They're both marathon shoppers. I'm exhausted! Once we got home, I still had to fix dinner for everyone.

Thanks for your sympathy with losing my search stuff. FIL has no idea how much work it took! I found a few in my history. Thanks for that tip, Julie.

Ann, you must be tired! From someone who shopped today, thanks for working retail! In one store, there was a woman literally yelling at the clerk and I thought of you. It's SO unfair to yell at the staff who are doing their jobs the best they can!

Jess, did I read correctly that you found the part you need?

Lizardknits, welcome!!! I used Silver's tutorial to learn socks, too. Let us know when you need help or show us your progress or share your life! We're a really chatty bunch and LOVE anyone who knits--socks or otherwise! Do you have a real name we can call you, or do you prefer LizardKnits?

Lieke, have a fun knitting marathon!

Hi to the rest of you! I'm boycotting dishes and knitting!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
jess_hawk (11-30-2008), knitgal (11-29-2008), Lieke (11-30-2008)
Old 11-30-2008, 12:07 AM   #7435
fibrenut
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to fibrenut
WOOHOOOOO!!! Dustina, glad your kitty decided to come back home!!
O man, GJ I have a crap fit when the kids decide to go to MySpace on my computer. I don't trust that site as far as I can throw my hubbiness (that ain't far).
Did ya know that Firefox has this way kewl feature for when you close it? (Well on the latest version anyway), It'll ask if you want to close and save the tabs you were on or if you just want to close it or if you want to cancel. Also if it got shut down unexpectedly (as in power outtage) it'll open back up the tabs and windows you had on it when it got shut down. Kewl huh? I don't know what version you have but the latest one has these kewl gadgets.
You also might try bookmarking (if not on ravalry) and if you are on ravalry, just fav those patterns. Makes it soooo much easier to find em later. I know, I know, captain obvious here.

knittycakebaker on ravelry
LOOK TWICE SAVE A LIFE
motorcycles are everywhere!!
Abate of Colorado
The Following User Says Thank You to fibrenut For This Useful Post:
dustinac (11-30-2008)
Old 11-30-2008, 12:23 AM   #7436
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Lizardknits! hi! of course you can join; the more the merrier!

Ok well suhi is different & I had fish burps for a while, ick. still do actually, and it's been 10 hours since I ate the darn stuff. We ordered the California rolls, the Caterpillar (I think thats what it was) & then raw yellow tail ... O & we had some masi soup or something like that, tasted like fish broth with seaweed & tofu...never eaten either before & Mom loves it so I shared 1/2 mine-wasn't that crazy about esp after I noticed it seperating. So I was adventerous & enjoyed the rolls, not so much on the raw yellow tail & the soup not so much. But I will go again, Dh hasn't ever had it either so we have a $50.00 gift card to use for his bday, & today's total after tip was only $26.00; 15% tip. Dh is alergic to avacado though, so we'll have to give him something else.

Tami glad to see you posting, whatcha been up to?
Old 11-30-2008, 05:43 AM   #7437
Karina
Working the Gusset

Dustina So glad you cat came back, I can imagine your relief. Have fun with your family.

Lizardsknits welcome to the KAL. Has been a while since I knitted socks. May have to wait for Christmas before I get time to cast on.

Leike Love the lace Shawl. Saw it before I had done any lace knitting and thought it looked to scary. may have to go and look again. Be careful knitting lace when watching TV. Experience speaking here. frogging lace is a nightmare.

Julie I hate to admit that my 13 year old daughter is more adventures than I. She loves sushi as do her dad. but my son and I have not felt the need to try it. The thought of raw fish makes me want the heave.

Your Black Friday shopping made the news over here. a member of staff at a Wal-mart died I think by being trampled or squashed by shoppers who waited outside a shop that opened 5 in the morning. how mad it that. I think the only time people over here are really manic is when they wait outside Harrods in London for days waiting for their new year sale to start.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:03 AM   #7438
Lieke
Working the Gusset

Well, I gave up at 4 am, and now I'm really tired. The lace wasn't really hard, only had to tink a few times, but not more than a few stitches. I can fix most mistakes without tinking or frogging. When it got later in the evening, I switched to Avast, I became to tired to think or even count properly (avast is only stockinette knitting atm, so no counting or thinking needed). DBF came home about 2.45 am and we watched a while together, no knitting involved there, I was way to tired to even move . But I had a great evening, it was hilarious, that's why I managed to stay awake that long. I didn't knit on my socks, didn't feel like it.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:43 AM   #7439
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Leike that why I like VCRs I'm way past my all night move marathons prime. Especially since I got one of the recorders with a hard drive. With 80 some hours of recording I can get a 24 hour marathon.

Sleep well and enjoy.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:48 AM   #7440
Lieke
Working the Gusset

Ah, well, I can watch rest of it on my computer. It's on the internet now.

Closed Thread