Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
MerigoldinWA
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,737 Posts
Haiku in Teal
This pattern is called Haiku and I got it free from Knitty. I started it last winter to see if it was easy enough for a beginning knitter. I found it again the last week or so and finished up the last sleeve and got the buttons on it. for me. I'm not good about getting back to stale projects.

It is designed using your own yarn and gauge and you plug it into the pattern. I thought it was very easy and I like the boxy design. In the picture my neckline looks all wonky but it wasn't really.

The yarn is Lion Brand Wool-Ease and it is teal despite the picture. The design seems slightly Oriental to me and I got buttons that had that feel. They are gold and have a little bluish flower etched on them. DH had a hard time getting good pictures. The closeup he did in the computer's scanner, the color is off, but you can see the buttons a little better than any other picture he got.

I gave the sweater to a friend's granddaughter.

[IMG][/IMG]

And the scanner closeup----

[IMG][/IMG]