Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 11:58 AM   #7611
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Julie, I usually keep the kids home too unless there is a really bad symptom - no sense in spending the copay money when there's not much they can do, anyway. I don't give tylenol or ibuprofen either, though, except sometimes at night to help them sleep. I figure your body heats up to kill the bugs, so I try to let it do its job.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
cacunn (12-11-2008), jberry16 (12-11-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-11-2008, 12:12 PM   #7612
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
DH is suffering. His cold is back in full bloom. I told him to stay away from me because other than the cough mine seems to be leaving me. The cough is still there and it really hurts my neck sometimes when I get into a coughing fit.

Other than that we are ok. I got a call from the woman upstairs this morning asking me if we were moving. I told her no. She says she and her husband are separating and he is moving out. He is looking for a place close by to be near the children. They thought if we were moving he could move in here. Joy oh joy! The last I heard they were buying a house together. This soap opera just keeps on going and going!!!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
cacunn (12-11-2008)
Old 12-11-2008, 12:24 PM   #7613
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Christine, have you tried mucinex? If you get the mucinex dm it will help get the crud out of your chest, but also help quiet the coughs that aren't productive. It's wonderful stuff.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
cacunn (12-11-2008), The.Knitter (12-11-2008)
Old 12-11-2008, 01:16 PM   #7614
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Just talked to DH and asked him to pick some up on his way home from work. Hopefully he will be able to find it! Thanks for the tip Carey.

cacunn (12-11-2008)
Old 12-11-2008, 01:23 PM   #7615
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Christine I assume that the seperation of the 'family' upstairs is probably for the best, however it sounds like maybe she's not moving? Maybe they'll move back to Mexico? Should we pray for that? Just pray they dont get stuck in NM!
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (12-11-2008)
Old 12-11-2008, 01:25 PM   #7616
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

Just a quick check-in - I really should be cleaning on my sick day instead of Ravelring and KHing and listening to Socks in the City , but, well, ya know.... Pray for me over the next couple of weeks as I find a new job. I'm not even going to use the word "try," because I know that this TA job is ending so I can start the job that God has saved out there for me because it is a much better fit. I'm not worried one bit, but I still live with my parents sigh, and the first thing that comes to there minds is my wonderful track record with finding replacement jobs when one ends. I know how much I've completely changed since then, but they can't see inside my head. The good thing is that now so many new interests/loves, passions, and abilities have revealed themselves so I think my chances of gaining new employment very soon are actually very good. I'm totally confident that God will provide. But like I said, pray - especially that my parents won't give me the hardest time ever and make it a little difficult to be myself with this new-found confidence.

When I have a little more time, I'll go back and check out all the posts I've missed.

"Beautiful yarn speaks to the soul of a knitter." - Shandeh

"The Swatch is good. The Swatch is wise. Listen to the Swatch." - Sandi Wiseheart

The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Violet For This Useful Post:
cacunn (12-11-2008)
Old 12-11-2008, 01:37 PM   #7617
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
YOu got it Lady V! All will work out in the end.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (12-11-2008), Lady Violet (12-11-2008)
Old 12-11-2008, 01:42 PM   #7618
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Julie: her soon-to-be X won't let her go to Mexico without him because he says she won't come back (he brought her here from Mexico), so they are all still all going to Mexico for Christmas, leaving on Monday. He is looking for somewhere close to here to live so that he can be near the children. The wife says she doesn't care where he goes just so long as he goes. He does not believe that she is actually kicking him out. He claims he and his children should not have to pay for the rest of their lives for one mistake he has made. Apparently he was gambling a while back and she told him if she caught him again he was gone. She caught him again. Imagine a person on welfare using the money the government gave him to feed and house his kids on gambling? She IS making the right decision. He also has been diagnosed with ADD but refuses any treatment for it. She is very upset by that. If he would get treatment, he would be much easier to be around. Anyways she is determined to make him leave although she is scared. She says the financial burden is what scares her the most.

cacunn (12-11-2008)
Old 12-11-2008, 02:41 PM   #7619
Karina
Working the Gusset

Dustina - hope your drive was OK. The thought of doing the driving is always worse than actually doing it. It was for me anyway when I first started to drive. I really want to cast on a pair of socks, but I have so many things on the needles that it is a bit of a joke now so have made up my mind to finish a thing or two before I get out my sock needles. I actually have so many things on the needles that I just last week had? to buy another 5 sets of Options tips and 3 more cables. could not stand the thought of not having needles free just in case.

Leike I do love those socks as well. can't wait to see your cardigan and Avast.

Emily - congratulations on passing your exam. I have no idea what you and Julie are talking about most of the time so I think even a D is most impressive. Post photos of your Christmas dress If you get time to make it. sounds like you are going to be very busy making your presents.

Lady V - I hope your parents will be patients with you in your search for that perfect job. I am sure you will get it. Look forward to hearing all about it.

Christine - that same cold is sweeping the UK as well. everybody has been sick in this house but we are all getting better except for Kamilia who's cold has now turned into an ear infection. Maybe the answer is to stay close together and share all the germs and get well together?? Hope you all feel better soon.

Julie I hope Jacob feels better soon. did you get to go to knit night?? best of luck on Saturday, will be thinking of you.

Carla- Great projects I really like the hat. Thank you for the link to the Yarn Swift, Will most likely be me making that as Ron is pretty useless with a power tool.

Gina - glad your DH is getting better. Hope you find the perfect pattern for your MIL.

The kids are getting very excited about Christmas now. I think Kameron might just have a total melt down soon.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:44 PM   #7620
Karina
Working the Gusset

Just thought I would share this with your all. Maisey had a rehearsal for her playschool Christmas play. Was a bit chaotic but very cute.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Maisey Christmas dress.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	51210

this is the little Miss in her costume. She is so cute, but then I am slightly biased
Closed Thread