Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 09:58 AM   #7781
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Well, we are getting a storm here today. Lots of snow coming down. We are supposed to get up to 20cm today. NO I will NOT be shovelling at all today. I have strict instructions to stay inside and mind my business!

DH and I went out last night and got some red tights so that I can play Ms. Kandy Kane (see picture below for Ms. Kandy Kane, Head Elf of the North Pole) tomorrow when he is "Santa". The ones I had won't go around my butt. That's what happens when you have whiplash, can't run around like normal, it all goes to the butt. At least the top still fits me.

He's feeling better but now my cough has come back. It's very frustrating that this bug is lasting so long.

No knitting for me lately. My neck/shoulder has been sore and my head aches. I've been reading a book a day and doing my neck exercises three times a day and it is not helping, grrrr!

I got my presents wrapped the other day so all we have to do now is buy the food and we are done! I haven't decorated the house yet. We'll do that tomorrow after we come back from Santa's workshop.

Have a great day! For those of you getting snow, be careful! If you can, stay inside and knit today!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ms Kandy Kane.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	51276  

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (12-19-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-19-2008, 10:01 AM   #7782
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Originally Posted by sue in canada View Post
Good Morning everyone,

Knitting Daily has 5 free sock patterns to download today if you are interested.

Will read and post again later.
KD doesn't seem to like me very much...I wanted their ornaments they had in the fall magazine and had a week to go through with them over my PW...and now this morning it's back to telling me the same thing...they really need to fix that

Christine~Love the picture, you look great. I hope you two get better soon and shake that bug free. Take it easy

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (12-19-2008)
Old 12-19-2008, 10:47 AM   #7783
Lieke
Working the Gusset

Dustina, love the scarflet

Gina, DBF just keeps asking me to join him playing WOW, which I like, but it takes away a lot of knitting time. I just love to be home alone and knit, it's more relaxing than with DBF at home. No pressure to do anything else and only me, my knitting and a good movie.
Get well soon with your hip, neck and sholders. Just take it easy, you've only got one body and you have to live with it.

I did some knitting on Avast yesterday. It's really coming along now. Tomorrownight is another knitting night for me, so hopefully, I can get the yoke done then.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lieke For This Useful Post:
dustinac (12-19-2008), G J (12-19-2008)
Old 12-19-2008, 11:36 AM   #7784
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Dustina, YES, I wish they would keep that "boys are yucky" attitude till after HS! I love the scarflet!

Lieke, my DH played WoW for years... he finally broke that addiction and now he plays Eve instead. I used to get so mad that he spent hours and hours every night on the computer... now I'm like you, I enjoy my time to myself!

Christine, I just love the elf outfit! I hope you and DH can stop sharing that bug and start getting better soon!

Ann, I hate those closing/opening shifts right in a row like that- it's hard to adjust your body to that kind of schedule. But, these days, it's good to have any kind of job.

Karina, I hope your kiddos will quit sharing their bug! Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Gina, glad to hear you are doing better after your injections! When my allergies get really bad I get cortisone shots for them- the relief is so great that the shots don't bother me!

Chris, I love those needle sizers! I might have to ask for one of them for my birthday. I wish knitpicks would make one with their harmony wood!

Carla, stay safe and warm in the ice storm!

Julie, aww, that's so sweet about your grandma! Mine passed away last summer and I miss her so much. I hope your kiddos are getting over their bug, especially poor little Katie!

Hope I didn't miss anyone! I tried to get some knitting done on my scarf last night at Abby's ballet class and Em's gymnastics class. Unfortunately, I messed up the same lace row THREE times, and kept having to go back and try to fix it. GRRR I hate when I do that. Anyway, I finally got it fixed and got a couple of repeats done.

Tonight we're going to my parents' house to have pizza and then make Italian christmas cookies. Yum!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
dustinac (12-19-2008), jberry16 (12-19-2008), knitgal (12-19-2008), The.Knitter (12-19-2008)
Old 12-19-2008, 07:08 PM   #7785
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Karina, I love that pattern! Those are some cute slippers! Yes, the injections were painful. Truthfully, I felt better yesterday. Today, my hip hurts again. Some of the things I've read says that it can be painful for a couple of days after the lidocaine wears off until the steroid kicks in and the swelling in the bursa goes down.

Dustina, were you able to get out? It's 78 degrees here today!

Christine, you look adorable! You've got the legs for tights!
Just a thought, but reading really bothers my neck. Maybe that's contributing to your pain. My doc said yesterday to wear the cervical collar while I read or knit or watch TV to keep the neck in a perfectly neutral position without having to use any muscle.

Carey, you should suggest the needle sizer to KP! I bet they'd do it!

Today was my last day of work for two weeks!

Hi to everyone else!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
dustinac (12-19-2008), Karina (12-20-2008), The.Knitter (12-19-2008)
Old 12-19-2008, 07:57 PM   #7786
mare-nitt
Turning the Heel

Hey everyone, when all else fails read the Sock KAL thread. It always makes me feel better. This thread has everything, from knitting projects and tips, to fixing a computer and everything in between. I love it.
Well, I have been sitting and looking at my knitting projects all week. I started the slipper socks pattern from Bear Toes and when I started them I looked at another pattern to find my good cast on directions, well in doing so, I cast on the wrong number of stitches for the pattern and didn't notice it until I got to the foot part. Don't ask me how I did that, (my heel turned out real nice too) but I couldn't believe it, so I fogged it and put the yarn away. Ughhhh!
So, I haven't touched knitting since. But I have suffering from insomnia all of a sudden, (they tell me it is one of those women things that happens), well it stinks. Three days with little sleep does not make a person feel good. I have tried all kinds of things, I wait until I am really tired to go to bed, get to sleep and at 1 am, I am wide awake, with no more sleep in site.
So, at night after work, I look my knitting and I just don't have the energy to pick it up, and I miss it. I now know I will knit socks and my other knitting will be to keep at sweaters, slowly. I even asked Santa for Sweater Wizard. If I could just get back to getting a good nights sleep!
Sorry, to go on about this. But reading everyones posts, really makes me feel better, the energy is amazing on this thread.
We had 8 inches of snow again today, and another 4 inches due Saturday night. It will be a White Christmas this year for sure.
Keep Knitting and Chatting
Marilynn
http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/n...albumview=grid
Old 12-19-2008, 07:58 PM   #7787
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

Gina, I got you beat! Today was my last day at my current job. I'll really miss the kids, and some of my co-workers, too, but I'm glad to move on. I realized the other day that I finally get to follow my heart (now that I know what that is ). I've been working on a book, and now my imagination won't be completely drained every night and I'll be able to actually work on it. I'll want to work on it. Of course, I'll have to get a job (or two) to pay the bills, but what else is new, right?

The only thing currently OTN is the Harlot's handspun scarf in mmmmmalabrigo (charrua). It's looking really good. I'm almost done with the first cake.

Did I mention that I got some killer gifts this year from my kids? One girl brought me a fresh-from-the-oven apple pie on the first, and a complete dinner today. Yep, I'm gonna miss those kids.

"Beautiful yarn speaks to the soul of a knitter." - Shandeh

"The Swatch is good. The Swatch is wise. Listen to the Swatch." - Sandi Wiseheart

Old 12-19-2008, 09:00 PM   #7788
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Mare-nitt at night turn your lights down low, put on elevator music and knit something very repetitive. Keep knitting and think about nothing but the music and knit 2 purl 2 k2 p2. Be careful that you don't fall asleep on your needles.

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
mare-nitt (12-20-2008)
Old 12-19-2008, 09:20 PM   #7789
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

Mare-nitt, you really should try the handspun scarf. It's my mindless knitting. In fact, I'll just give the pattern to you now. And in case someone thinks I'm claiming it as my own (um, no way could I come up with something this simple and awesome at the same time ), it's the Yarn Harlot's pattern.

CO a multiple of 4 sts + 2 (you will always knit the last 2 sts)
k2, k1tbl, p1 (repeat until you run out of sts)
k until you don't want to k anymore

This thing is easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy.

"Beautiful yarn speaks to the soul of a knitter." - Shandeh

"The Swatch is good. The Swatch is wise. Listen to the Swatch." - Sandi Wiseheart

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Violet For This Useful Post:
Lisa1216 (12-20-2008), mare-nitt (12-20-2008)
Old 12-19-2008, 09:26 PM   #7790
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Mare-nitt: Late at night when the family's all asleep, you can find me counting stitches instead of counting sheep! I found that comment on someone's signature on KH a while ago and I just love it!!!

For me it's a menopause thing. I get perhaps an hour or an hour and a half at a time, then I get a hot flash that soaks me and then wakes me up, and I'm awake for a few hours trying to get back to sleep. DH has taken to wearing one of those black beauty masks to bed so he can sleep when I turn on and off the light to read myself back to sleep. I have sympathy for you. With the whiplash right now I am dreaming of knitting while I am awake at nights. It would be less boring then reading.

Here's a for you.

We got huge amounts of snow today as well. I have no idea how much, but it's a lot. They say 20cm but I don't know how much that is in inches. I hate metric! Anyways, the therapist, the doctor and my DH won't let me shovel. The couple next door shovelled for us this afternoon. They only did our side of the driveway, not the people upstairs' part. Doofus upstairs has not yet left for Mexico. He showed up at 5:30 tonight and parked in our nice clear spot because his spot is full of snow from this storm and the one on Tuesday night. He was here Tuesday night but left at 2:30 in the afternoon on Wednesday but didn't bother to shovel so I told DH not to shovel his side. DH has just gone and told him to move his van out of our spot and grab a shovel. He moved the van across the end of the driveway so we can't get back in and then went back inside the house. I can hear him moving around up there. That person would let a 60 year old man shovel snow while he sits on his a$$ in the warmth. I will be glad when Monday comes and he is gone for two weeks. We are NOT shovelling his part while they are gone. That man can arrange for someone to come and shovel for him. Contrary to his beliefs, we are NOT his servants!

P.S. Half an hour later.....My DH had politely asked him to move his van and grab a shovel. He went back inside his house and I can hear him up there playing on his computer. He is a JERK. 32 years old and would let a man that will be 61 in three weeks shovel all that snow. By law we have to make sure the sidewalks are clear so that is what DH is doing now, with no help from the person who signed the contract and agreed to keep the snow shovelled off the sidewalks. Grrrrr!!!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
mare-nitt (12-20-2008)
Closed Thread