Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 07:08 AM   #7831
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by G J View Post
Chris, I do have an external HD and have everything backed up...I think! I'm not sure how to back up Outlook....

The man tries! He says he likes to knit socks except for the toes, heels and BO! He should really switch to leg warmers!

Gina - I use Outlook at work and have never backed it up (the IT people back up the files) however Microsoft has a back up tool. Check it out here:

Outlook backup tool

Has Nick heard of tube socks?

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
G J (12-23-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-23-2008, 08:18 AM   #7832
Lieke
Working the Gusset

Marilynn, I love that scarf. Nice and colorful.

My finger is healing nicely. Knitting does hurt a little bit, but not that bad, so I can knit whenever I want again. I've been taking a little break on the masterpaper last week, but I'm working on it again since yesterday. I've got enough participants, so now I'm entering my data in SPSS (a statistical program) to analyse it. Totally boring work. Once I have the data analysed, I'll write the rest of my paper and hopefully will be finished in 2 or 3 months.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:25 AM   #7833
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters

Julie~Did they have the tins? Did you get the quilts ready to go? We also like to go out and look at the lights

Carey~Hopefully after Christmas you will have more knitting time ...Thank you for the card, the girls are too cute!

Carla~I posted this on your blog yesterday but in case others would like to see, on ravelry they are re-creating the wreaths, they are very cute!

Marilynn~The scarf is looking very pretty, I love that colorway!! I love your visitor

Gina~We are trying it was so cold yesterday we had to put the blankets up around the main door again, today is suppose to be warmer ...I can't wait to see the knucks and your socks... that is funny so I take it he won't be knitting anymore socks for awhile

Jackie~aww she looks like she is having a blast!!

Chris~Are you ready for Christmas?

Lieke~I'm glad you finger is healing!!

Christine~Are you resting up for tomorrow?

Sue~Have you been able to get out or is the weather still bad?

Hi everyone!!

Nothing much happening here today but Isaiah may go to the advanced wrestling practice. That way he has another practice under him before his first tournament...we got the gingerbread house made and I posted picts on my blog yesterday. The kids had fun but it took awhile to do I was surprised by that. I figured buying a kit made it faster next year I'll also buy extra candy.

I hope you guys have a great day of knitting and if it's cold and snowy...stay warm

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
Lieke (12-23-2008)
Old 12-23-2008, 09:57 AM   #7834
Lisa1216
Turning the Heel

Morning everyone!! Just a quick stop in to say hello and Merry Christmas to everyone!

Marilyn~I started the same scarf for my DD and it looks just like yours. Definitely an easy pattern.

Gina~Safe travels to the north. Bring lots of warm clothes and boots!

Here is a pic of the Egeblad I'm giving my MIL for Christmas. It made with a double strand of Berroco Ultra Alpaca. I'll have to let her know not to machine wash it!

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

On the needles: Not much
Finshed: Nothing lately
Lisa1216 on Ravelry
The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa1216 For This Useful Post:
G J (12-23-2008)
Old 12-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #7835
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Lisa~ that is so pretty!! You did a great job!

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
Lisa1216 (12-23-2008)
Old 12-23-2008, 11:44 AM   #7836
cacunn
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by dustinac View Post
Chris~Are you ready for Christmas?
Are you telling me that Christmas is coming soon.

I have finished all my knitting but DW's shawl. I was not planning to have it finished, it is hard to carry with me to knit and even harder to knit on while she is in the house. I'll give her what is done and knit on it over the next week.

After, DW poured (she says spilled) ice tea into the keyboard of her laptop I replaced it over the summer as her Christmas gift. On Thursday she will get her shawl and a stocking full of odds and ends for Christmas.
So I guess I'm ready.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:45 AM   #7837
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Lisa, that's GORGEOUS! Great work!

My allergies have turned me into a zombie today, so I'm having a little trouble thinking straight. :P Topping that off, we just got a call at the office from some crazy guy who is apparently headed this way. Very weird. We have all the doors locked.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following User Says Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
Lisa1216 (12-23-2008)
Old 12-23-2008, 11:53 AM   #7838
cacunn
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by Lisa1216 View Post
Here is a pic of the Egeblad I'm giving my MIL for Christmas. It made with a double strand of Berroco Ultra Alpaca. I'll have to let her know not to machine wash it!

It is beautiful,

I will not start another project I have socks to finish.

It is beautiful,

I will not start another project I have a shawl for DW to finish.

It is beautiful,

I will not start another project I have socks to knit for my cousin.

Curse you Lisa for putting this picture in my demented mind. No it is the Holiday Season Lisa it is very nice and will go into my I want to try that list.

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
Lisa1216 (12-23-2008)
Old 12-23-2008, 12:01 PM   #7839
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Chris, you're so funny.

Gina, I forgot to answer your question- the children's christmas program is on Christmas Eve- our church has a service just for the kids every year.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Old 12-23-2008, 12:12 PM   #7840
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

Marilynn, it's kind of hard to tell with all the colors, but your scarf looks about right. I declare, one of these days I will post a pic of mine. I'm probably about halfway through.

Hi all!
I know I've been MIA, but I think I have a pretty good excuse. My brother flew in from Okinawa Wednesday night and is getting married (again - legal was done in May, this is the "party" wedding) on Saturday. So needless to say it's been insane over here, but a good insane. My brother's awesome , and I hope some of his awesomeness rubs off on me. I'm just kind of sad that he'll actually be taking my sil back with him when they come back from their cruise. She's the best shopping partner.

Like I told Marilynn, I've made some progress on my scarf, but not so much over the past few days.

Karina, my book is scifi/fantasy about....stuff. Well, there's a girl.... I haven't really decided how much I'm going to tell people yet.

Ann, even though my brother's been telling me for practically a year straight, I finally realized a couple months ago when this book idea kept growing and became its own reality that I really am a writer. You know, this could probably explain my success in my high school creative writing class. I should probably listen to my brother more often.

"Beautiful yarn speaks to the soul of a knitter." - Shandeh

"The Swatch is good. The Swatch is wise. Listen to the Swatch." - Sandi Wiseheart

The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Violet For This Useful Post:
Karina (12-24-2008)
Closed Thread