Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 12:21 PM   #7841
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Jackie, what great pics! Looks like Jayne had a great time!

Chris, thanks for the MS backup link.
Believe it or not, Mike wants to try socks again, but this time, top down. No bind off and no turkish toe. We'll see! He's on his own b/c I've never done top down! But I have Sensational Knitted Socks and he's going to try the class sock first.

Lieke, glad you can knit again! Data entry can be SO boring! Too bad you can't knit while you do it!

Dustina, stay warm! I wouldn't want to get out in that snow! We're heading towards it, so I'd better be ready.

I washed and blocked a couple of wool sweaters I made that have grown. I hope they shrink up a bit. Is there a way to do that besides felting? I don't want to ruin them, but the Andoa sweater I made DH is HUGE on him and my CPH has grown, too.

Lisa, that is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! WOW! I'm SO impressed! Nice to hear from you again, but now I know where you've been--off knitting LACE!!!!

Carey, stay safe! Have you notified the police of the weirdo on his way? Might be a good idea! YEARS ago, I was in a craft/fabric store with my sister and a crazy guy came in. He grabbed scissors and came after people. The staff rushed everyone into a back office and locked the door. Scary stuff! Prayers are going your way!

Chris, finish your socks and your wife's shawl! No new stuff for you, mister! Don't even think about it. (you know you want to)

Lady V, congrats to your brother! So nice that you and your new SIL get along so well!

Now that the sweaters are blocked and more scones are made (Poppy seed lemon this time) I think I'll sit and knit for a few. I still have to figure out what to make for my MIL or try to translate the pattern.
Lieke, can you translate patterns from Dutch to English?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
dustinac (12-23-2008), Lady Violet (12-23-2008), Lisa1216 (12-23-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-23-2008, 12:33 PM   #7842
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Thanks Gina although we have only seen a skiff of snow, mostly we are dealing with ice...it looks like we will have icy Christmas this year instead of white ...I Hope you guys see some snow! I wish I could help you translate that, it's very pretty

Lady Vi~Congrats to your brother, can't wait to see your scarf

Chris~ I've wanted to start that for the longest time but other stuff keep jumping in front of it...after you give it to her then it won't take you as long to finish 'cause she will know and be waiting for it...you won't have a reason not to work on it in front of her either

Carey~eek that doesn't sound good, keep the doors locked and let us know when everything is ok

ETA: No wrestling today, Isaiah is in bed with a low grade fevor...hopefully he feels better before Thrusday or Friday when we leave for WV...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
Lady Violet (12-23-2008)
Old 12-23-2008, 12:38 PM   #7843
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Jackie I wont order anything until after Christmas, what colors are you wanting? It takes 1 skein for a scarf & 1 skein for a hat (from what patterns I've seen on Ravelry). Let me know & I'll gladly help you out.

Carey be careful-crazy guy with doors locked doesn't sound good.

Lisa that's beautiful!!!!!!!!! machine wash would be bad. Make a BIG note & pin it to the beautiful thing, "Please dont machine wash me, it will ruin me."

LadyV, enjoy the wedding.

Dustina we made gingerbread houses frm kits a couple years ago & it was a pain in the butt! Sometimes this time of year they have a contest on foodnetwork tv where people compete & build fantastic gingerbread mansions-incredible! ETA Dustina hope Isaiah feels better!

Gina sorry about the computers. That sucks! How did your CPH grow? I need mine to, wonder if I wash it since it's all sewn tgether? hummm You can shrink wook (really fast) in the dryer

We've had some rain & some snow this morning and now it's clearing up but still raining, wierd how that happens. I updated my blog this am, got a B in chem classes (both of them) & finished 2 quilts-for the cute story, go to my blog; not typing it again here. ps my kids seem to be ok, little cough's but that's all. Katie's eye looks MUCH better.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
dustinac (12-23-2008), Lady Violet (12-23-2008), Lisa1216 (12-23-2008)
Old 12-23-2008, 03:58 PM   #7844
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
OK, apparently the scary guy thing turned out OK. I haven't gotten the scoop yet, but all the doors are open again. The lawyer he was calling apparently knows him, so... hopefully I'll get the real story sometime. Yes, we did call the police this morning. What a morning!

Julie, I'm glad your kiddos are feeling better! Emily has pink eye... last night she woke me up 3 times because she couldn't get her eyes open! Poor baby. I gave her some antibiotic drops last night and again this morning, and she's already looking and feeling better.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Old 12-23-2008, 04:31 PM   #7845
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Carey, poor Emily. If you'll take a pretty wet warm washcloth ad hold it on the eye for a min then wipe it away it will get rid of the 'gunk'. Also be sure you're putting drops in BOTH eyes-and wash her towels, pillow cases etc once she's been on the antibiotic drops fo 24 hours. Don't want that crap to spread-it's AWEFUL! I have had pink eye SOOOOOOOOOO many times.
glad to hear the 'scary dude' didn't show up.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:34 PM   #7846
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Yeah, that's what I did with her, poor thing. When she was a baby she had pink eye almost constantly... finally figured out she had a blocked tear duct! So they opened that up at 11 months old and she never had it again till now. I figure that's a good run.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Old 12-23-2008, 04:43 PM   #7847
Lieke
Working the Gusset

Lisa, Egeblad looks gorgeous.

Originally Posted by G J View Post
Lieke, glad you can knit again! Data entry can be SO boring! Too bad you can't knit while you do it!
That'd be so nice and I'm sure I'd get the job done more easily. But well, I need my hands for the entry part, so no knitting.

Originally Posted by G J View Post
Lieke, can you translate patterns from Dutch to English?
Yes, no problem. Pm or email me the pattern and I'll look at it as soon as possible.

Well, I'm not sure if I'll be online befor christmas, but if I'm not, everyone a merry christmas, hopefully with all your family around and with a lot of love.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lieke For This Useful Post:
dustinac (12-24-2008), G J (12-24-2008), jberry16 (12-24-2008), Karina (12-24-2008), Lisa1216 (12-23-2008)
Old 12-23-2008, 05:54 PM   #7848
mare-nitt
Turning the Heel

Abbily, thank you for the shawl pattern, I think when I am ready, I will try to make it without the fringe. The scarf yarn was called Art Deco a German Yarn, it came from my stash I think I paid 4.50 per skein for it.
Jackie, nice pics of your vacation, looks like a fun time was had by all.
Gina, yes that is a porcupine, he is not welcome in our yard, we have two dogs. That would be trouble waiting to happen.
Lisa, that is so beautiful. (I am sticking with my scarf, easy, kniting, no thinking )
Ann, my DH told me today they are having a pot luck at work tomorrow, so I will make your Shortbread cookies. They sound fast.
Tonight I will try the warm milk and see what that gets me, hopefully a nice herd of sheep jumping over a fence one at a time, slowly, till I fall asleep.
Happy Knitting. I have 5 days off work to enjoy the holiday.
Marilynn
http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/n...albumview=grid
The Following User Says Thank You to mare-nitt For This Useful Post:
Lisa1216 (12-26-2008)
Old 12-23-2008, 10:40 PM   #7849
sue in canada
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,270 Posts
Dustina: The gingerbread house looks great and I’m sure your children had a lot of fun making it. I love the biscuit warmer. I would love to receive that especially with biscuits and jam to go with it.

Lisa: That is amazing. You did a fantastic job and MIL should love it.

Carey: Glad the scare turned out okay. Hope Emily’s eye is better soon.

Jackie. Great pics.

Chrs: Look forward to seeing the finished shawl.

Lady V: Have fun at the wedding.

Ann: I hope you get some time off from work to spend with the family.

Christine: Hope you and Santa have another good day tomorrow.

I am already sick of winter. I did get to do some last minute shopping yesterday and groceries this morning before it started snowing again. Tomorrow we are predicted rain. I hate this crazy weather but I know we are a lot better off than a lot of places. This is the first time since 1971 I think, when all of Canada has snow. The west coast is having a terrible time. My son was snowed in for a few days in WA. All my wrapping is done. I did make an extra dishcloth this evening to add to one gift. The tree pattern doesn’t show too well in the pic.

In case I miss everyone tomorrow, I would like to wish you all a wonderful Christmas and for everyone traveling, stay safe and have fun.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:25 AM   #7850
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
hi
Morning,

It's Christmas Eve here today, stay warm and get ready for the countdown..... MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.

Julie - When u r ready to order, give me a knock-knock, we can order together, i trust you in e choice of yarn.

Dustina - How's yr gingerbread house ?

Marilynn - Get a good nite sleep and welcome Christmas

Gina - for Mike for wanting to venture into top-down socks. I did my first pair top-down sock, using lion brand, magic stripes sock yarn, with dpns, and there will be a second sock syndrome .

Sue - dishcloth.

Carey - How is Emily today ?

Lisa - thats a very beautiful piece of work

Chris - Ready for Christmas

Lady V - have fun in the wedding.

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jackie Lim For This Useful Post:
Lady Violet (12-24-2008), Lisa1216 (12-26-2008), sue in canada (12-24-2008)
Closed Thread