Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 12:30 AM   #7901
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
hi
morning,

How's everyone after the Christmas big feast ??

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-29-2008, 12:38 AM   #7902
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Jess, what a great picture!
Julie, congrats on the spinning wheel!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following User Says Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (12-29-2008)
Old 12-29-2008, 12:44 AM   #7903
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

mmm, sorry, not my picture! It is great, though - beautiful, Lady Violet!
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to jess_hawk For This Useful Post:
Lady Violet (12-29-2008)
Old 12-29-2008, 03:25 AM   #7904
fibrenut
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to fibrenut
Well dang, finally got all my knitting done and the gifts distributed for this year (yeah finally)!! So I figured I'd see what was up n all that stuff, Congrats Julie, as one raveler has on her ravatar, welcome to the dark side, we have cookies . I think you'll do fine with the fidelis, Irish tension isn't as bad or as hard as some would have us think. You'll get the hang of it. The secret is to start it sorta loose and then work your way up. And yep you most certainly can spin sock yarn on those. I do on mine all the time and I only have ONE ratio.I think my ratio on my wheel is 6:1. When I spin lace weight or fingering weight it just means I get more exercise.
It's all in the tension, the more tension the less time you have for twist to travel, good for heavier weights of singles. The looser your tension the more time you have to add twist, therefore good for finer weights of singles. Yeah you'll have to peddle LONGER but Not faster.
Guess I'll post some pics of some of my latest creations from my handspun. I do have some sox on my needles of my handspun. Here they are (or at least some of em)
First pic. left to right,
sox from Rio deLaPlata yarn (yeah yeah, I know)
red scarf for my sis, red superwash
ear flap hat, manly colors of merino, alpaca
cream brown cabled hat, from a layer cake batt of , alpaca, shetland, CVM, Rambouillet, and a dark finewool
Next pic is of my mom n dads scarves,
golden one (ya'll remember this yarn don't cha?), half spun on my spindle, half spun on on the wheel, lace weight singles, superwash
dark blue, superwash singles, worsted weight
Lastly
2 scarves, The green one is merino, the rainbowish one is merino/silk both from JulieSpins etsy shop.
Hope that all ya'll are doin fine and that everyone is having lovely holidays.
Luvs ya kids!!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Debs family gifts.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	51367  Click image for larger version

Name:	mom n dads scarves.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	51368  Click image for larger version

Name:	two more scarves.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	51369  

knittycakebaker on ravelry
LOOK TWICE SAVE A LIFE
motorcycles are everywhere!!
Abate of Colorado
The Following User Says Thank You to fibrenut For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (12-29-2008)
Old 12-29-2008, 05:43 AM   #7905
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by sue in canada View Post
Julie: Wow you have all your decorations put away already. My tree will stay up until next weekend.

We don't put up decorations until mid December and they stay up during the twelve days of Christmas.

And for the fourth day of of Christmas I give ya'll:

Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

Old 12-29-2008, 05:51 AM   #7906
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by fibrenut View Post
Guess I'll post some pics of some of my latest creations from my handspun. I do have some sox on my needles of my handspun. Here they are (or at least some of em)
First pic. left to right,
sox from Rio deLaPlata yarn (yeah yeah, I know)
red scarf for my sis, red superwash
ear flap hat, manly colors of merino, alpaca
cream brown cabled hat, from a layer cake batt of , alpaca, shetland, CVM, Rambouillet, and a dark finewool
Next pic is of my mom n dads scarves,
golden one (ya'll remember this yarn don't cha?), half spun on my spindle, half spun on on the wheel, lace weight singles, superwash
dark blue, superwash singles, worsted weight
Lastly
2 scarves, The green one is merino, the rainbowish one is merino/silk both from JulieSpins etsy shop.
Hope that all ya'll are doin fine and that everyone is having lovely holidays.
Luvs ya kids!!
Lovely work

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
fibrenut (12-29-2008)
Old 12-29-2008, 09:11 AM   #7907
Ishie
Casting On

Evening all (gosh. just a minute before midnight...lol)!

I've had fun today knitting a small 2x2 ribbed pouch for my cousin's camera today. He was so happy with it! Took me a while to get the hang of knitting with sooo many other lil cousins running about, I had to frog the thing at least 8 times a few rows after the cast on.He and his family are staying over for the next two nights.

I'm planning in making another pair of toe up socks in the next few days with the yarn I got yesterday. The last ones I had turned out alright, but does anyone know of a good invisible increase? I had trouble with my first pair using what Cat Borhdi refers to as LA-RInk and La-Link increases (theres a video on youtube on these).
Old 12-29-2008, 10:58 AM   #7908
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Whoops, sorry Jess!

Violet, great picture!

Tami! Great to see you! Those are some gorgeous knits!

I finished my lace scarf yesterday afternoon, got it blocked, and I'm wearing it to work today! Mmm, it's so soft and wonderful, if I do say so myself. This is a horrible picture, but it will have to do for now.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
fibrenut (12-29-2008), Lady Violet (12-29-2008)
Old 12-29-2008, 11:18 AM   #7909
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Thanks Tami! your work is beautiful!!!!!

Carey that scarf!!!! Where'd you find the pattern?

Well I also ordered some roving last night before I went to sleep, WhorlingTides from etsy had one that was only $9 for 4oz, so I grabbed it, after shipping it was just under $14-gotta have some more roving to spin on my wheel whenever it comes! right?
As for the Christmas decorations already put up; well it's because they're out just after Thanksgiving and we have to move the furniture around in the living room and move some into Jacob's room so it was time to have things back to normal. Not to mention Lucky is attack cat on the tree-the tree we 'had' was one my Mom/Grandma bought in the late 90's and it was expensive then & really nice, all the branches hinged on it and Mom put the lights on it so that they'd never come off-really, it took her at least 4 hours to put them on the tree. Anyway the kitty ruined the bottom 1/3 of the tree & so the bottom part looked like Charlie Brown's Christmas tree and the top looked beautiful, too bad that was only about 3' worth of tree. I tried to take the lights off so we can use them on next years 'real' tree (Brian wants a real one next year) so anyway that wasn't working so I picked up the 6'+ tree and stuck it in the garbage can outside & the trash man picked it up on Saturday. Still haven't told Mom yet, and probably wont-one of the branches hinges was gone so we would have had to find a rivit or something alike to make it fold up agian & well it just looked trashed; damn cat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
Abbily (12-29-2008), fibrenut (12-29-2008)
Old 12-29-2008, 11:52 AM   #7910
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Julie: sorry to hear the attack cat got your tree! Congrats on the spinning wheel. I hope you have fun making your own yarn. Now you will have to learn how to dye the yarn and make hand dyed sock yarns. Wow!

Carey: that scarf is gorgeous. Good job!

Chris: My house is being overrun with birds and I don't know if I can handle anymore of them. Looks like I'll have to buy some corks and plug up their butts!

Ishie: glad your cousin liked his pouch.

fibernut: lovely stuff you knit for Christmas presents. They all look fantastic!

Jackie: One more feast to go. We always have ham and scalloped potatoes with all the trimmings for New Years Day.

DH is at work today. It's nice and quiet here. I am going to knit some more on his sock.

I spoke with my girlfriend who is the person that sold me my camera in April and she said to kiss it goodbye because if it is saying "lense error" (which it does) the camera is toast. She is bringing me another one tomorrow. She says I would pay more for fixing it than it was worth. Anyways, I get the new one tomorrow morning because she is going to Ottawa to visit her mother and will stop here on the way. I will make them coffee and cinnamon rolls for breakfast for their trouble of coming out of their way to deliver the new camera to me. Now all I have to do is tell DH that I have to buy another camera!! This is the second time I have dropped this camera (it must have been cursed), but the first time it was turned off so I got off lucky and it was ok that time, just had a few dings in it. Not so lucky this time, dammit. Oh well, that's the life of a klutz......

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
Abbily (12-29-2008), fibrenut (12-29-2008)
Closed Thread