Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2008, 01:39 PM   #1
WildMountainHoney
Turning the Heel

Designers wanna help a design newbie combine patterns?
Ok, so here's the deal. I have enough holly berry red shine yarn from knitpicks to make a hip lenght 3/4 sleeve sweater.

I though about and have even bought Something Red but I really want lace. So I looked at Titania but I'm both short and curvy and all that lace just seems like too much. I also really like the eyelets and subtle lace neck on the Isabella Tank but I would want the lace to continue all around the neck, and a smaller panel of the same lace on the back.

My question for those more experienced - is this all of this going to work together? Do I just have to dive in and see?

I want:
The front lace panel from Isabella, but a V-neck and smaller (maybe just 3 inch high) panel in the back, with lace "halves" going all around the neck (I am envisioning knitting front and back separately, and grafting at the shoulders, so the direction of the lace halves will "switch" at a stockinette/grafted shoulder line, unless I can figure out how to "graft" lace )

I also want the eyelet row under the bust from Isabella.

I then want ribbing like in Something Red, to gently flare/swing over my hips (did I mention I'm curvy? My hips are like 10 inches bigger around than my waist - so I'm thinking positive ease at the waist, but still likely negative ease at the hips even w/the swing ribbing) and I also want to start ribbing just above the elbow and use the same flared ribbing for a slightly flared/bell sleeve .

What do you think? Any tips/ideas/pitfalls you see?

TIA!

OTN:
Bayerische Socks by Eunny Jang in Knit Picks Risata (for ME!)
in queue: Swirl glittens; lacy raglan for me; new cabled sweater for dh

WildMountainHoney is offline   Reply With Quote