Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 02:50 PM   #81
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,880 Times in 3,001 Posts
Originally Posted by rachejm View Post
Room for one more?

I've just started a log cabin blanket, not following a pattern or anything, just making it up as I go along. Hopefully a KAL will give me the push I need to keep going.
Always room for one more!!!

Artlady at Rav

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-30-2008, 03:05 PM   #82
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,642 Times in 7,044 Posts
Crochet or knit is fine, Robyn! And technically I think you can do ANY blanket if you don't want to do log cabin. That project just sort of snowballed when so many people liked it.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
robynbird (12-30-2008)
Old 12-30-2008, 08:16 PM   #83
robynbird
Turning the Heel

I like the Log Cabin - I made a lapghan which I love. I want to make big blankets to cover our beds. And I may just have enough yarn to do 'em! LOL

Mom to Missy & Zach & Baby Girl due in December
Wife to Gene

Old 12-31-2008, 05:49 PM   #84
weezie
Ribbing the Cuff

I picked out my yarn today... I hope I have enough. I'm going to use Caron Simply Soft in pastel colors, yellow, green, lavendar, and white, for a baby-type blanket and make the baby size log cabin. I've been using these yarns for some preemie hats and think there should be enough, but if not, I still have some pink and blue that I also have for the preemie hats, so can throw some of that in there, but thought I'd try to keep it more gender neutral. I'll probably donate the blanket to a children's charity I'm knitting for when it's done as I don't have any new babies on the way in my family or friend circle... but you never know what might come up. If it goes fast and turns out nice, I'll probably make one for my grandson who will be a year old in February... he looks great in darker colors, so will probably stay way from pastels for him.

I'm excited to get going on this and if I weren't going to a hockey game tonight, I'd probaby cast on and get started... maybe after the game and as I watch the ball drop on TV tonight. This is my first KAL and I'm really looking foward to participating and seeing how this KAL thing works.

Happy New Year to you all!!

Sandi
Old 12-31-2008, 06:10 PM   #85
Lieuvena
Knitting the Flap

I can't wait to start this! I've been trying to decide if I wanted to order the Knit Picks interchangeable needles and didn't know if I should get the Harmony or Options, so I ordered a cable and then just one set of each type so that I could try them both out to see which ones I liked. Well they came in today! I'm so excited to try them out! I'll probably knit this with both and by the time I'm done I'll know what ones I like the best and order them.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:30 PM   #86
Karina
Working the Gusset

lieuvena - I have found that I use both the harmony and the options. the options for cotton or silk because it tend to stick to wooden needles even the harmonys. but I use harmony now for socks and lace to keep control of the stitches better.

Off to dig out my hibernating log cabin and yarn so I am ready tomorrow. Thought I would try to do one strip a day, I started a traditional log so will just carry on adding to it.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:30 AM   #87
ruthknit
Casting On

My first KAL
Hi! Can I join in too for my first ever KAL?! I have a great stash of Debbie Bliss yarn that tries to escape every time I open my closet door!

I have the Mason Dixon book so I can work from there, trying to do a bit every day sounds like a good idea!

I made 'joining a KAL' one of my New Years Resolutions for 2009 and this seems like a great way to start the New Year!
Old 01-01-2009, 01:35 PM   #88
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,642 Times in 7,044 Posts
Anyone can join, Ruth!

I wish I could start now, but I'm going out of town for 4 days so it'll have to be next week.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Old 01-01-2009, 03:54 PM   #89
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,880 Times in 3,001 Posts
Hi fellow knitters!

This "planning" thread is now closed to further comments. We can, of course, read through it...there are lots of good notes made...but we'll post future comments in the actual January KH-KAL seamless blanket project! beginning today!

So then, let's roll! :kni tting:

Artlady at Rav
Closed Thread