Old 01-06-2009, 05:34 PM   #31
beaniacle
Casting On

I had sinus surgery a few years ago after antibiotics, antifungals, and decongestants did nothing to help my chronic sinus infections and pain. One of the bones in each side of my sinuses was filled with air, causing an obstruction. I felt better almost immediately after the surgery (I could actually breathe through my nose!), and my recovery time was only about a week. My throat was actually more sore from the breathing tube used when they operated, than my nose/sinuses were from the actual operation.

I hope your pain goes away, and I think you should seriously consider the surgery once your arms feel better.
beaniacle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beaniacle For This Useful Post:
Indygirl (01-06-2009)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #32
Indygirl

Beaniacle, Thanks for your concern about my health problem. After my arms and shoulders are better, I am going to get the surgery on my sinus. The Dr. said it was an in office type surgery he would be doing on me. He showed me the x-rays. He said it looked like sometime in my life I had been hit in the nose. It has pretty much closed up that one side. no drainage or breathing from that side I guess.
BTW. I tried to knit two rounds on a sock I was knitting on before this all took place. The top of my arms hurt so bad. I had to put it back away for now.
happy knitting
Old 01-06-2009, 07:08 PM   #33
Indygirl

about this thread
Mod's, do we need to move this thread? Not sure if It should be in this topic.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:12 AM   #34
KnittedRose
Ribbing the Cuff

I'm so sorry to hear of your reaction to this med. It sounds awful, not being able to knit makes it even worse. I would suggest asking your Dr. to put you on some other medication. Sometimes I wonder what the FDA is thinking when they approve some of the drugs that are out there. I wonder how they would feel about this drug if one of them was experiencing the arm pain you are? Hope and pray things are better for you soon.
KR
KnittedRose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KnittedRose For This Useful Post:
Indygirl (01-07-2009)
Old 01-23-2009, 10:08 AM   #35
Indygirl

I'm starting to knit a little each day now.
Well, My arms and shouldes are some better now. I have started to knit a little, I can't do much at a time though. I had a pair of socks on the needles for my D.D. for Christmas. I already had one finished. I had the other one down to the heel flap. I have knit about 1/2 in' at a time. I have about 1 in' to go before starting the toe now. If I knit for very long my arms and shoulders start to hurt and burn again.
When and if I get these finished I will post them on here.
I'm getting so impatient about not being able to use my arms much. If I do much cleaning they stat up again. I've been doing it anyway though. Someone needs to do it. I don't have any choice in that matter
Hopefully soon I'll be back to knitting full speed again.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
RuthieinMaryland (01-25-2009)
Old 02-05-2009, 10:44 PM   #36
Indygirl

Just to let everyone know. My arm's and shoulder's are getting better each day. Today I knit about 4 or 5 in' on a scarf and it didn't hurt. I'm so excited I could just
I'm trying to not overdo at first. I put the socks away. I think those were harder to work with than anything else. I tend to pull the yarn tighter when knitting socks.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:46 PM   #37
Marria
Working the Gusset

That's awesome! I'm so glad you have been able to knit again without pain.

OTN: Dollar and a Half Cardigan, Oddball charity projects, Celia, Trellis
Marria is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Marria For This Useful Post:
Indygirl (02-05-2009)
Old 02-06-2009, 05:30 AM   #38
globaltraveler
Turning the Heel

Hooray! So glad to hear it. Smart not to overdo it at first!

OTN: Eyelet Chemise in Handmaiden Sea Silk (colorway: Midnight). Still. And a purple Donegal Tweed set of fingerless mitts, to try out my new Hiya Hiya interchangeable needles.

Latest FO: A shrug for an Anthropologie swap in beautiful Casbah sock yarn, in Cedar, a dark green semi-solid, my own pattern. Also a quick Noro Silk Garden neckwarmer for my friend Aideen, in a vine lace pattern.

My knitting blog, Another Long Yarn
globaltraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to globaltraveler For This Useful Post:
Indygirl (02-06-2009)
Old 02-06-2009, 08:28 AM   #39
losnana
Working the Gusset

Glad you're feeling better. Please don't overdo!!
Indygirl (02-06-2009)
Old 02-06-2009, 09:36 PM   #40
sgtpam
Turning the Heel

GOOD NEWS!

I know it's hard to stop when you finally get going again...but, like the others said.....DON'T OVER DO IT!

sgtpam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sgtpam For This Useful Post:
Indygirl (02-06-2009)