Old 01-04-2009, 09:01 PM   #21
DeAnzaJig
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Shandeh View Post
I want to make either a sweater or vest for my hubby, because he LOVES sweaters.

I've found a few patterns that I like, but most of them don't have his size.

He's a big guy - bouncer size. (Size 3X) Love him!

Your husband is a cutie!

My husband wasn't interested in a vest (he doesn't even own one), but if this sweater works out, I am so going to knit him one. I think almost all men look good in vests.

DeAnzaJig is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-04-2009, 09:06 PM   #22
DeAnzaJig
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Melanie77 View Post
Hi,

New member here and I'd love to join you. I'm hoping that participating in a KAL will allow me to finish my husband's sweater!

I was hoping to finish this sweater by Christmas, but I decided to work on other things instead like making him socks. I've finished decreasing the armhole and almost done with the back. I'm using Wool-ease in grey, two strands at the same time. It's nice, because this sweater knits up fast. He doesn't want me to add the zipper though. To see a picture of this pattern, go to:

http://www.patonsyarns.com/patternbook.php?PBS=500840

It's the two strand pullover.
Join!!

I the pattern you're working on! It looks so nice and warm. I am way too familiar with Wool-Ease gray at this point, and will get to know it even more so, as my project continues.

I haven't attempted any socks yet. How did yours turn out?

Old 01-04-2009, 09:10 PM   #23
DeAnzaJig
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Marria View Post
When were you thinking of starting? I am actually planning to knit the Wash sweater for my hubby, but I have some other UFOs to wrap up first...

If it's after the 1st, I might join you!
I started a few days before Christmas, when I left to go on vacation. I needed something for the long ride. Join the thread as soon as you've wrapped up your UFOs. I finished up several before I started, so I could focus all my knitting time on this monster sweater.

I the sweater you picked out. The cabling is awesome! I wish I could have convinced my husband to go with a cable or two...although I'm happy I can at least do a little color work on the sleeves with my pattern.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:15 PM   #24
DeAnzaJig
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Jaxhil View Post
Hi! That's a great looking sweater-I would love to join as well, but I also have a couple things I'd like to finish first~ a Moss Grid Towel for my Dsis and a shawl I've been working on for months for my DMom. Neither should take long if I put my mind to it and just do it.

I was wondering if it has to be this sweater? I bought some yarn already for another pattern (if I could only remember which pattern that was! ). It's LB CottonEase. My DD has a sweater out of it and it's holding up very nicely so I'm pretty sure it's going to be a good choice (crosses fingers!).

My DH is a big and tall guy too, and I was thinking of socks for *that* reason ~LOL!!
It doesn't have to be the sweater I'm making. Whatever pattern/yarn you pick is cool. This thread is just to keep the motivation going through the miles and miles of knitting that will need to be done to finish any husband's (especially a big and tall one!) sweater.

I almost went with CottonEase, because my husband didn't want a very heavy sweater, but I wasn't sure how it would hold up. Thanks for posting that your DD's held up, in case I ever decide to do another sweater for my husband.

The Following User Says Thank You to DeAnzaJig For This Useful Post:
Jaxhil (01-07-2009)
Old 01-05-2009, 01:49 AM   #25
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,906 Posts
Originally Posted by DeAnzaJig View Post
I've returned from my vacation...boo...but was able to complete the entire back piece of my husband's sweater!
Great work so far! You're an inspiration!

Originally Posted by DeAnzaJig View Post
Your husband is a cutie!
I think so too!
That photo was taken on the day we got married.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:37 PM   #26
DeAnzaJig
1st Leg of the Journey

Knitting goes faster when I'm on vacation. Despite the interruption of work, I was able to make some progress on the front piece of the sweater.

I cast on my 128 stitches last Sunday (1/4) and, as of right now, have finished the 2 1/2 inches of ribbing and another 2 inches of stockinette stitch.

While at my knitting group this past week, I finished weaving in all the ends on the back piece, and now it's sitting on a spare needle.

Time to get some knitting in while the football playoffs are on!

Old 01-12-2009, 03:55 PM   #27
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,906 Posts
I do have a plan for making my hubby a sweater. It's an old pattern in a magazine I found at my mother's house one day. It's called "Country Handcrafts", and this particular issue is Holiday 1985. The instructions for the sweater go up to size 50 inches in the chest, so I think it will work just fine.

Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote