Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 11:11 AM   #8291
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
I can see both sides of this issue. On the one hand, I absolutely believe that everyone in this thread is responsible and mature enough to keep a political discussion polite and respectful. On the other hand... on a public board like this, you can't expect everyone to be mature enough to be polite and respectful, and so sometimes you have to make rules like that.

At any rate, I apologize for starting all this by asking about the inauguration.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-23-2009, 12:20 PM   #8292
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Of course our group is going to talk about that 'cause we talk about everything. However, the guidelines for the forum state that:

Treat each other kindly, respecting differences, and avoiding angry exchanges. Occasionally you may come across an idea or opinion that you disagree with. Everyone is entitled to their personal opinions. If you feel the need to respond, be courteous in your response. Always be mindful of how your post might be read and interpreted, and avoid engaging in a heated manner. If you feel someone else is being intentionally hurtful, divisive, or willfully instigating discord, please notify a moderator.

A Mod usually will post a reminder if they are worried it could get heated...just to kinda give everyone a thumbs up. We are not trying to tell people what they can/can't post. Yesterday when I posted I was afraid that it could turn heated. I wasn't trying to tell anyone what they could or couldn't post and I'm sorry if it came across that way.

Before the election we had several debates on the OT forum and they did get heated very fast...which when I seen yesterday I was afraid it might gothat way.

I'm sorry if I offended you Lisa...I didn't mean to and I hope you won't leave the group.

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog

Last edited by dustinac : 01-23-2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: add thoughts/change words/etc
Old 01-23-2009, 12:28 PM   #8293
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Good Morning Socksters!

I'm glad others liked the neat gadget! It would be neat if they did give us a 40% coupon off!

Gina~ohh I like that one, I was looking at some others on ravelry last night too. I wonder if that Drops pattern is easy or needs tweaking

Carla~Don't feel bad it's kinda more of a any kal now

Debbie~Thank you for the salt tip I hadn't heard that before

Carey~I'll prolly take the hank and soak it in vinegar...I wondered about trying to re-set it with heat too

Karina~That is a neat way to keep track of everything too. I hope he feels better soon

Lieke~Can't wait to see them

Hi everyone!

Question on Computer: It depends on the day and the kids...usually I check e-mail first, KH, and then blogs on Ravelry...then if I can I get back on in the afternoon and then maybe when JD is on at night playing WoW. It just depends

This morning we had AR tests...then I had to run home and grab Isaiah's shark box...take it back to the school...then run to the bank...then I went to find out about subbing for sectaries and teacher's aides next fall when Roo is in school

I'm still working on the sock...I'm making my way up the leg now

I Hope you all have a great day of knitting

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (01-23-2009), Karina (01-23-2009)
Old 01-23-2009, 12:59 PM   #8294
fibrenut
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to fibrenut
K, how about some great news ya'll????
My son gets to come home today!!!!!!!cl oud9

knittycakebaker on ravelry
LOOK TWICE SAVE A LIFE
motorcycles are everywhere!!
Abate of Colorado
The Following User Says Thank You to fibrenut For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (01-23-2009)
Old 01-23-2009, 01:05 PM   #8295
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by silegose View Post
Lisa... I truely appreciate your comments on this. I do agree that not everyone shares the same views. With that said.
I think most of us are more passionate about knitting than politics, therefore, if we can agree to discuss the virtues top-down vs. toe-up, Short row versus peasant heels etc. and not kill each other than we should be able to discuss everything reasonable.

You just have to remember that I am always right unless DSWMBO&A has spoken.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:16 PM   #8296
cacunn
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by fibrenut View Post
K, how about some great news ya'll????
My son gets to come home today!!!!!!!cl oud9
I agree

Last edited by cacunn : 01-23-2009 at 02:36 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
fibrenut (01-23-2009)
Old 01-23-2009, 01:28 PM   #8297
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Tami~ That's great news! I bet he can't wait to get home

I forgot to post my sock picture again
Pattern: Farmer's Wive
yarn: Wildfoote from the ol' stash
Needle: Size 2 Magic Loop
Has anyone else done a toe up sock with a provisional cast on? This was my first time and I do think it goes faster. You co 1/2 the number that way and then you work back and forth creating the toe (short rows so I had issues with holes)...but once you do that then you go back to the cast on and get the live sts and boom you have a toe . I think mom would like this toe since she has trouble getting started on toe up socks...
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Farmers wife.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	51687  

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
fibrenut (01-23-2009), jberry16 (01-23-2009), Karina (01-23-2009)
Old 01-23-2009, 01:33 PM   #8298
cacunn
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by Abbily View Post
Chris & Dustina, the Sears service people told me the same thing when I called. They suggested disconnecting the vent hose from the wall, covering the end with pantyhose, and running a load like that. If it runs normally, then I need to have my vent professionally cleaned. I've never had that done in the 9 years I've been living there, so I'm betting that's the problem. I have no idea how much that costs...

Carey can you get the end of your vacuum cleaner hose to the end of your dryer vent going into the wall? If you can try to vacuum as much lint out of the wall as possible. It is likely that when the old dryer was taken out and the new dryer put in the wall was bumped and lint shaken loose.

If the top of the dryer vent ends in the attic (not good in that this puts warm moist air into the attic space - read as mold) you can try the tennis ball method of pipe cleaning. Take a tennis ball, punch a hole through it. Pass a long robe or cord through the hole and tie the cord to a washer, nut or something that will not let the cord be pulled back through the tennis ball. Again put the vacuum cleaner at the lower end of the pipe. Put the vacuum cleaner hose in the pipe end and put some paper around the pipe to "seal" the hole. With one person watching the vacuum and hose a second drops the tennis ball down the top of the pipe. Drop it down, vacuum what is knocked loose, pull the ball up, vacuum what is knocked loose. Repeat as necessary.

Be careful you will be kicking up 9 years of dust and lint - it will be messy and may require more than one vacuum cleaner bag.

Also depending on your personal tastes you could just drop a cat down the pipe. The claws will clean the side of the pipe and the fur will collect the lint. Just make sure the cat runs outside directly for the bottom end of the pipe. There is nothing worst than a huge dust "bunny" with claws.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:49 PM   #8299
Karina
Working the Gusset

Hit the wrong button there,

dustina - Pretty socks, love the colour.

Tami - so glad your son is going home.

Carey - I don't think you need to apologise. I don't know enough about your politics to comment. I was surprised when it looked like Hilary Clinton was in the running. I hope you president will do well for your country.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:08 PM   #8300
silegose
Knitting the Flap

Chris... I do want to thank you for all your help with the short row heels. I did finally get it. I will post pics of the top down w/ short row heel once the second one is done. I will be frogging the first pay.

Quote:
You just have to remember that I am always right unless DSWMBO&A has spoken.

dustina... very pretty socks

Tami... That your son is coming home. That is GREAT News.

Happy Knitting all.

FO: simple cable

http://silegose.blogspot.com/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silegose For This Useful Post:
dustinac (01-23-2009), fibrenut (01-23-2009)
Closed Thread