Old 01-20-2009, 05:36 PM   #761
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,908 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveDallas View Post
I just noticed my blown up piece shows a part where I did an extra scallop in "violation" of the pattern. I'll try not to lose sleep over it.
I'm calling the Crochet Police!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-21-2009, 12:04 PM   #762
MGM
Turning the Heel

Tutti Frutti is complete!
Is it ok if I hang onto it and mail it with Cherry Berry once I finish it? They are both preemies. I also have Pumpkin Delight but that is worsted. Does it go to someone else?

Anyway, here is Tutti Frutti...so far it's my favorite! I'll be posting a tutorial on the crocheted scallop border on my website soon in case anyone is interested in using it.

MGM
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tutti Frutti complete sm.JPG
Views:	301
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	51672  
I'm also HookedOnNeedles on Flickr!
And you can find me on Facebook too!
MGM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MGM For This Useful Post:
gmmarton (01-21-2009), LilHuskiesFootBallMom (01-21-2009), Spikey (01-21-2009)
Old 01-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #763
gmmarton
Turning the Heel

Pumpkin Delight
MGM, You were the last knitter on Pumpkin Delight so it should be mailed out to me. I will wash, block, and prepare it for delivery in February to the Bpt. Pediatrics Center.

Thanks!

I will pm my address to you this aft'.
gmmarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:25 PM   #764
gmmarton
Turning the Heel

Could it be that we have two more preemie baby blankets completed? Fantastic work, everyone!
Old 01-21-2009, 06:46 PM   #765
sarahbean
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to sarahbean
mailed the completed August and the preemie Cotton Candy

sarahbean
sarahbean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahbean For This Useful Post:
gmmarton (01-21-2009), Spikey (01-21-2009)
Old 01-22-2009, 06:51 AM   #766
Spikey
Turning the Heel

You all are too much…for one person to handle!
Our Northeast Oddball Baby and Preemie Blanket project has been going like gangbusters since we hit the ground running last summer.

To date, we have finished 14 worsted weight blankets and 7 preemie blankets, with another 18 worsted weight and 21 preemie in progress!!

I couldn’t be happier with what we have accomplished, and continue to do on a daily basis! As the project has grown, however, it has become too time-consuming for one person to manage the blanket-tracking, knitter-notifying, new blanket-starting, blanket-knitting, and blog-updating.

Since gmmarton has done such a fabulous job in delivering the worsted weight blankets, as well as starting so many of our new blankets, recruiting knitters, and responding to posts when I am away, it seemed a perfect fit to have her take over the coordination of the worsted weight project, while I’ll drop back to only coordinating the preemie blankets. I will continue to keep all of the blogs updated, as best I can.

We will still keep all of the blankets in one thread (on KH and Rav), but please direct any PMs regarding worsted weight blankets to gmmarton, and preemie blankets to me.

We also wanted to take this opportunity, especially since we have so many super new group members, to remind everyone of how we can get the best quality blankets in a reasonable period of time:

1. Please. please, please READ the instruction sheet that comes with the blankets, and follow the instructions. It tells you how many stitches the blanket should have – and COUNT before you start. We’ve had a bit of a problem with blankets growing wider as they get longer. If the previous knitter(s) added a stitch or two, just do some decreases in the middle to get back to the correct number.

2. Please make sure that the last row of your section is a wrong side row that is only knit stitches. This will allow the next knitter to join the yarn and start on the right side.

3. There are some new yarns out there that are not the weight they seem to be, which has confused quite a few people. That crazy Vanna White makes some interesting colors, but her yarns are heavier than they seem. The Vanna’s Choice Baby is a worsted weight (medium/4) yarn but comes in more baby-type colors and was put with the DK/Sportweight baby yarn section at my local Michaels. This is too thick to use with our preemie blankets, so please be on the lookout.

When in doubt, read the tips and instructions sticky at the top of the KH Charity Knitting section.

4. Please only send a blanket along once you know that the recipient is ready. I try to keep the lists on the blogs up to date, so feel free to contact the next knitter directly (letting gmmarton or me know, too), but wait for confirmation before mailing. We don’t want anyone getting overloaded or any more of our blankets going MIA!

Thanks again to all of you for all of your time and effort! We love working with you!
Spikey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spikey For This Useful Post:
gmmarton (01-22-2009), LilHuskiesFootBallMom (01-25-2009), MGM (01-22-2009), robkat317 (01-22-2009), Shandeh (01-23-2009), SteveDallas (01-23-2009), threesmom (01-22-2009)
Old 01-22-2009, 10:16 AM   #767
Spikey
Turning the Heel

Be My Valentine went out yesterday to sugarmagknowya from Ravelry.

Bubblegum
(shown here, badly, sorry having a problem with flickr) went out yesterday to gmmarton for finishing.

Spikey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spikey For This Useful Post:
gmmarton (01-22-2009)
Old 01-22-2009, 05:50 PM   #768
gmmarton
Turning the Heel

NorthEast Rainbow II Is On the Move!
I received NorthEast Rainbow II today from threesmom - thanks for the yarn, Beth! This blanket, knit entirely in the garter stitch, has a specific color scheme, so I will list it here for the benefit of all knitters:

Red - (completed by MGM)
Orange - (completed by threesmom)
Yellow - to be completed by gmmarton
Green - to be completed by robkat317
Blue - to be completed by kidpal51
Purple - to be completed by bobi1218

Border - to be completed by gmmarton

I hope this list helps our last three knitters. I, personally, love the Rainbow blankets. They are so colorful and cheery. We have already started NE Rainbow I, but it is currently Missing in Action (how sad is that??).

I'm sure NE Rainbow II will be just as beautiful, so special thanks to those volunteering to get this blanket completed once and for all! I really appreciate it.

The Following User Says Thank You to gmmarton For This Useful Post:
robkat317 (01-23-2009)
Old 01-23-2009, 03:22 PM   #769
robkat317
Ribbing the Cuff

I'm ready!!

Knitting
OTN ~ Modified Basic Socks, Knitty "Pioneer", Baby Love Diagonal Baby Blanket

On Deck ~ Not sure

Crochet On Deck ~ Vannas Choice Afghan Squared
robkat317 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to robkat317 For This Useful Post:
gmmarton (01-23-2009)
Old 01-23-2009, 10:50 PM   #770
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,908 Posts
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
Our Northeast Oddball Baby and Preemie Blanket project has been going like gangbusters since we hit the ground running last summer.

To date, we have finished 14 worsted weight blankets and 7 preemie blankets, with another 18 worsted weight and 21 preemie in progress!!
Congratulations Northeast Region!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shandeh For This Useful Post:
gmmarton (01-24-2009), Spikey (01-24-2009)