Old 01-27-2009, 04:59 PM   #41
lulubell
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by losnana View Post
Daisieknit and lulubell, I just added you to my friends at Ravelry. Hope that's ok.
Thats fine by me! I am quite new to this internet stuff, so have patience. I would love to be able to put photos on, a friend showed me once and I got a couple on Ravelry, but this old brain did not retain it and I am hanged if I can figure it out. I need my grandson here to help me!!
lulubell is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-27-2009, 09:15 PM   #42
Daisieknit
Casting On

Originally Posted by losnana View Post
Daisieknit and lulubell, I just added you to my friends at Ravelry. Hope that's ok.
Fine with me! I just got on ravelry yesterday so I am finding my way around the site.
Daisieknit
Daisieknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:26 PM   #43
Quiltlady
Working the Gusset

Anyone receive their book yet? I'm waiting for two from Amazon also but not here yet.

I am working on the front part. I am at the point where I've split the front in two and have about six rows done on each side up the front. So far so good. You will love knitting this. It's an easy one and a fast knit.

I like the pattern on this. I think the design would look pretty on a scarf too.
Quiltlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:40 PM   #44
lulubell
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Quiltlady View Post
Anyone receive their book yet? I'm waiting for two from Amazon also but not here yet.

I am working on the front part. I am at the point where I've split the front in two and have about six rows done on each side up the front. So far so good. You will love knitting this. It's an easy one and a fast knit.

I like the pattern on this. I think the design would look pretty on a scarf too.
Three more days until my book gets posted out. Can't wait......
Old 01-30-2009, 12:10 AM   #45
losnana
Working the Gusset

I had wanted to do this in the round, but never having knitted from a chart before, I think maybe I had better just follow the directions. My yarn hasn't arrived yet, so I'm going to drive to practice from the chart first if I can find some time. If I can figure out how to do that without losing track of which direction I'm going I may give the the In the round choice some more thought.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:40 AM   #46
Daisieknit
Casting On

Still waiting for my book, it was shipped Tuesday and trying to decide what yarn to use. I'd like to use a cotton with some sheen to it.
Daisieknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:14 PM   #47
mwhite
Instepping Out

I got it! I got it!

OMG...there are some fabulous projects in this book and I'm so glad you recommended it to me, Quiltlady!!! I have decided, after parusing and re-parusing the book that I will leave in the purl feature and the lace inset feature on the back!!!

Having the book definitely shows the wonderful details. I just looovvvvve "Gayle, Diana, Marissa and Maria". All the necklines are just wonderful! Yep, lots of fantastic tops in the book. Oh, mercy, just love the gorgeous "Katherine"...wish I had figure for that one~ And although I like "Rachael" as well, I just don't think my family and friends would appreciate me wearing that one... LOL! Well, off to find my figure.....

I will get started in the next couple of days and post progress~
mwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:48 PM   #48
Quiltlady
Working the Gusset

It's a great book!!
[quote=mwhite;1201187]I got it! I got it!
Yes. I agree there are a lot of things in the book that I love too.

I finished the back and the front of the sweater. I am working on the first sleeve now. I agree. I think the cable pattern in the front and the back "makes" the sweater. I also love the garter stitch rows too. I really just love everything about this sweater.

Okay, here is what else I love in the book... Audrey, the cable sweater, Marissa, The Katherine dress but I sure wouldn't look like THAT on me..so I won't be knitting that one...but it's beautiful. I love the Erin one with all the colors. Diana would be pretty in cotton. Gayle is a beauty but I already own a cardigan similar to it that I bought. Cynthia is pretty and would be easy to knit. I like Kristin too and even Pamela. As you can tell I too really like this book.

I am knitting the Garter stitch row every 14th row. Instead of purling back on that row I knit it. It's worked out well for me doing it that way.

I even considered putting the cable design on the middle of the sleeves but decided against it..but it could easily be done.

Last edited by Quiltlady : 02-01-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Quiltlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:00 PM   #49
losnana
Working the Gusset

You are going to be finished before I even get my yarn!! I can't wait to see yours.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:45 PM   #50
lulubell
Knitting the Flap

I've got my book!!!! I love Audrey, Gayle and Kirsten. Now to seriously get searching for yarn.