Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2009, 12:37 AM   #1
kristaj
1st Leg of the Journey

Accident with current project
My daughter accidentally spilled water on a picture she had colored with markers (washable markers) and it spread onto the scarf I am making right now out of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino. The scarf now has patches of dark purple and green on the cream and pale pink. What I would like to know is, can you try to wash and stain remove a project while it is on the needles? It is on interchangeable needles, so I can take it off the tips and cap the cables, but is there anything else I should do since it is unfinished? If I have to I can frog the stained portion, but I can't replace one color of the yarn since this color has been discontinued, so I would have to change that stripe. This scarf is a gift and these two colors are the recipients favorite colors so I would like to try to remove the stains. Any suggestions?